[RR] North American June 2021 Round Robin - Summer's Here Edition - Addresses Sent

So many wonderful cards to report on!

#1 @cawindt sent a beautiful lighthouse from Oregon. The postal marking made it impossible for me to make out the name of this beauty though.

#6 @mikeyz1 sent the Bethel Inn Resort in Maine. What a shame they haven’t kept of with the improvements. I bet it was beautiful in it’s prime.

#16 @hootnoodle sent a beautiful barn in Iowa circa 2004

#28 @FrogSalad sent a funny Iowa map card and told some great dad jokes on the back! :slight_smile:

#26 @alcott1 sent a beautiful photo of some St. Louis architecture. Looks like a gorgeous building!

#29 @melvnoble sent illustrated plans for a historic New England home drawn in 1860

#6 reporting

#1 @cawindt sent an awesome card of old US airmail stamps, with two Statues of Liberites on one card! :slight_smile:

1. ChristineC

One more card to report!
Thank you to 1. @cawindt for the Lantern Press postcard from Yellowstone National Park (and great stamps) – still on my bucket list!

#29 - Three lovely postcards arrived!

#4 @johnbradleytlh - Thank you for the Historic University of Tampa minarets! Very beautiful and unique!

#15 @dnrhott - Thank you for this pretty snowy scene! It’s so hot lately that I can’t even imagine the snow right now!

#25 @CeceG - Thank you for this cute chubby pug! Reminds me of my lazy gal and our cuddles on the couch :heart:

———
Check out all my postcards here!

#28 with a belated check-in.

Cards 1-9 are going in the mail tomorrow, June 29th.

Received:

#1 @cawindt sent a view of the Oregon Coast, with Haystack Rock in the background. I don’t think I’ve been any farther north than Tillamook, where Cannon Beach is located. I hope you’re able to take your trip to Poland this summer.

#2 @christinec sent a landscape showing Milk River Valley, in Alberta, Canada. It looks so inviting (I’ll pretend there are no mosquitos.)

#4 @johnbradleytlh sent a peacock displaying his tail feathers. I’m glad that hurricane season has been calm so far. I’m following the story out of Surfside, and it’s just awful what they are experiencing right now.

#5 @carolreader sent a frog trio marching band. Did you survive your 14-mile hike?

#7 @treeclimber sent a photo card of Daniel Stowe Botanical Garden. Your walk with your mom sounds very tranquil.

#8 @Shesa-Renegade sent an illustration of a frog family from a German children’s story. My favorite pen to use for cards is a micron felt tip pen. They run if the ink gets wet so I’ve been trying to use a ballpoint pen but I don’t like the feel of the very much.

#9 @hkappespc sent a blue poison dart frog with black spots. I remember seeing them for the first time and marveling at how small they are. So cool that you got to volunteer at the zoo!

#10 @emotis sent an illustrated river otter. I don’t recall Emmet Otter, I’ll have to look on YouTube.

#12 @Yarn-Lady sent a greater sage grouse. It would be neat to see them. There is a population of prairie chickens down near where my mom lives and the DNR has it cordoned off so people don’t disturb them.

#14 @BarbL sent Teeger by Kazumi Yoshida from The Animal Box. It sounds like you all had a great day on the lake for Bob’s birthday!

#15 @dnrhott sent a path through poplar trees in autumn foliage. Gorgeous!

#16 @hootnoodle sent Van Gogh’s The Starry Night. I’m happy you were able to have a family get-together. It’s been a long 1.5 years.

#21 @Beachyblonde sent “The Future is Bright”. I didn’t put in for vacation this summer and now I’m sort of regretting it. I’m in a bit of a summer slump and need a jolt of (something) to perk me up.

#23 @katie333 sent a barn owl. I’ve yet to see one in the wild. It would probably help if I didn’t go to bed so early in the evening. :joy:

#25 @CeceG sent an illustrated card of birds of paradise species and hummingbirds. Juno is a lab/shepherd/chow mix (I only know that because I had his dna analyzed). The shelter had him listed as a husky mix and his face is sort of husky-looking.

#29 @melvnoble sent an aerial view of Santa Barbara. I don’t believe in the supernatural but I still enjoy ghost stories.

Sent all:
To Receive: 3

2 Likes
  1. ChristineC

Two more cards to report!

Thank you to:
21. @BeachyBlonde for the nice assortment of shells that brought me a huge smile – good luck with your shell hunt!
29. melvnoble for the beautiful illustration by John Nugent of cochlioda noezliana – a name not easy to remember!

1 Like

#8 Shesa-Renegade here with another received postcard!

#3 @Cruzin sends a fun hedgehog postcard from the Aquarium of the Bay in San Francisco! I am headed to California for a short vacation to see my son and his family and hope to hit up the Aquarium of the Pacific in Long Beach. I hope the purging is going well!

Received 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 29, 30

To Receive: 19, 28

JUNE NARR – Report #6

#30 Rocky Road Trip here with one final June card to report…

05 @CarolReader: sent a hilarious birthday card featuring Our Lady of Misspent Youth lighting a candle on our behalf. It took almost a month to get here (and no postmark of any kind!) but it was worth the chuckle. Very nice, sacrilegious card! Thanks!

That’s it for the month. ALL JUNE 2021 NARR CARDS RCD.

And all are on view HERE…

Rocky#30

#11 TandemStoker received … :heart:

#2 @ChristineC
“radish” from Curious Feast: 100 postcards. At first sight it looked like a red tissue paper abstract but it’s a scanned electron microscope image of a radish! Love it and it’s perfect for me. Great postage. Thanks, Christine!

#4 @johnbradleytlh
Very colorful Lantern Press of Tampa. Happy to add to my collection. Have you ever been in a hurricane? Thanks, John!

#6 @mikeyz1
A Lantern Press LL Bowling Green, OH card. I like this vintage look series from LP. Love the multiples of the US in Space postage, too. Thanks, Mike!

#15 @dnrhott
Beautiful postcard of rolling hills taken in the fall. My favorite seasons are in this order … spring, summer, fall, winter. I hope you’re enjoying your best season! Thanks, Daria!

#16 @hootnoodle
Two bikes to add to my bike collection. We finally rode our tandem last week and it was good to get out and ride. I’m not familiar with the game “Code Names”. My husband and I play a quick game of Spades each morning after breakfast and we ended this month in a tie (the closest I’ve come since the beginning of the year) - unfortunately I’m a very cautious bidder! Great postage. Thanks, Mary!

#21 @Beachyblonde
Cinderella and Prince Charming on the balcony of Cinderella Castle. Have your kids been to Disney World? We were there in November many years ago and we loved the cooler weather and the smaller crowds. Thanks, Whitney!

#22 @Jill203
Pixar Red’s Dream. We need to start downsizing and the top on our list is to get rid of one of our ping pong tables. I’ve never been good at pool. We went to a PEZ Museum in Burlingame, CA but it is now closed. Thanks, Jill!

#23 @katie333
Squeal! An adorable illustrated sleeping fox. We had a vixen with her two kits living under our deck in the spring. It was so exciting to see them and we were hoping they’d stay for a while, but unfortunately they left a few weeks after we spotted them. I just hope they’re thriving. Great postage. Thanks, Kate!

#25 @CeceG
Beautiful artwork in Aloha Moonrise. I love jigsaw puzzles. That’s great that you’ve never had a puzzle piece missing from the ones picked up at Goodwill. In the Nextdoor app. someone was in search of a certain puzzle because a large part was missing from the puzzle they had. Nice to meet you CeceG and thanks for the great assortment of postage!

#28 @FrogSalad
LOL!!! Your Dad joke had me laughing out loud! Great b&w of Des Moines “Let us exceed your already low expectations!” There have been some fun Nebraska commercials. I don’t know, but I like Nebraska just because “Nebraska, it’s not for everyone!” Thanks, Susie!

#29 @melvnoble
Yes, a very retro-looking Santa Barbara card - love it. Unfortunately, I’ve never spent any time in Santa Barbara - just passed through it. Thanks, Mel!

#30 @RockyRoadTrip
Citi Field baseball park home of the New York Mets! Such a poor job at blurring out Nikon LOL! The Rockies had Opening Day 2.0 the other day. Did you hear that Denver is hosting the MLB All-Star Game in a couple of weeks? All the downtown businesses are excited about that! Thanks, Rocky!

4 Likes
  1. ChristineC

Another card to report!
Thank you to 4. @johnbradleylth for the Lantern Press postcard of Tampa – very orange! I love it.

@Cruzin #3 – I’m glad you saved Hunca Munca for me! She is so cute, but she always makes me feel guilty, walking around with a dustpan and broom. I love Beatrix Potter.
@dnrhott #15 – Nemo! Interesting facts about Clownfish.
Thank you for the great cards!

#7 checking in - all cards received for June :slight_smile:

#28 @FrogSalad - Red Raspberries from Green’s Nursery Co in Rochester NY (where my dad grew up) and I like the joke :slight_smile:

#11 TandemStoker received … :heart:

#9 @hkappespc
Beautiful Cavallini card of Revenna. I hope your international travels include Italy this year. Thanks, Heidi!

#9 reporting
2 received
#26 @alcott1 - thank you for the Mystics in Our Midst card by William Stage and Cotton Patch Goose stamp - he looks like quite the character!
#28 @FrogSalad - thank you for the Downy Woodpecker card and funny woodpecker riddle. We have these little guys in our area and the make a ton of noise!

#8 Shesa-Renegade checking in with another received postcard!

#28 @FrogSalad sends a great postcard of an owl broken down into parts so you can see the claws, skull, etc. more in depth. Owls are such awesome creatures. LOVE the funny jokes! I am going to share them with a friend of mine. He loves dad jokes.

Received 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30

To Receive: 19

1 Like

#23 reporting in with more cards …

From #21 @Beachyblonde an adorable fox from the Chattanooga zoo, so sweet.
From #15 @dnrhott a lovely forest scene with great stamps and stickers.
From #4 @johnbradleytlh a bluejay (one of my favourite birds) looking regal.
From #25 @CeceG a cute Mickey aloha with Disney stamps too, very nice!
From #3 @Cruzin a gama-go card of a unicorn battling a monster, I hope it wins!

Thanks all for the lovely cards!

1 Like

Three more cards have arrived over the past little while. Thank you to:

#4 @johnbradleytlh for the awesome card of The Ferlita Bakery in Ybor City. When I’m in Tampa for the AP US History reading, where thousands of teachers converge from across the nation to read student essays, Ybor City is the place I like to go in the evening to “unwind.” The past two years we’ve done the reading remotely from home, but we’ve been assured that we will be back in Tampa again next year. I cannot wait! I hope Elsa misses you!

#9 @hkappespc for the hilariously adorable cat card. I think that’s what Phoebe has going through her mind most days. Congrats on going to a theatre again! I had actually been making an effort to go more often before the pandemic hit. I need to get back to that.

#21 @Beachyblonde for the awesome “Sands of Iwo Jima” movie poster card. It was actually one of two WWII themed cards I had received that day! I may have seen it as a kid, as my father and grandfather both loved John Wayne and both loved watching WWII movies.

Thanks everyone!

Update for June coming soon!

1 Like

#21 Beachyblonde

I received a lot more cards:
#1 @cawindt Thank you for the adorable Michigan deer and birds postcard! That’s too funny that a deer made it into the school!!

#4 @johnbradleytlh Thank you for the stunning Lantern Press Tampa postcard! I love this city in the night series!

#6 @mikeyz1 Thank you for the “pre-EPA” postcard! Wow, that really does speak volumes! My kids went to a playground for the first time in a year too! So sad, but I’m happy it’s getting back to a new normal now!

#15 @dnrhott Thank you for the stunning fall postcard! Happy belated birthday!!

#25 @CeceG Thank you for the wonderful Hawaii license plate postcard! We do have some good BBQ! In fact, we had some last night for dinner! haha

#28 @FrogSalad Thank you for the stunning cloud art card! I love the jokes too! I read them to my kids and the younger ones laughed (the older one is a tough audience) hahaha

SENT ALL
To Receive: 11, 12, 14, 18, 24, 26, 27

2 Likes

Updated!

More wonderful cards received:

#4 @johnbradleytlh sent a fantastic Jesse James postcard - this is a very cool card!

#9 @hkappespc sent a wonderful vintage Royal Family card that I absolutely love! Your message was hilarious! :slight_smile:

#15 @dnrhott sent an ice cream fun fun facts card. I love ice cream. Heavenly hash, chocolate, peanut butter and chocolate. Yum!

#21 @Beachyblonde sent an awesome Elvis postcard!!! You know how I love my Elvis!

#25 @CeceG sent a groovy Hawaii TWA travel poster circa 1960. I love this one so much!

Thank you everyone!

1 Like