[RR] North American June 2021 Round Robin - Summer's Here Edition - Addresses Sent

#4 reporting more amazing cards received:

#1 @cawindt Michigan “Deer and Birds.” It’s common to encounter wildlife here too as Orlando is largely suburban, though I have never seen one wandering the halls of school (or work), which is good because around here there’s a higher chance that the animal is either a bear or a gator!

#2 @ChristineC Luggage tag featuring Edmonton’s YEG airport code. It’s cool how all of Canada’s codes start with Y. The “TLH” in my user name is the airport code for Tallahassee, where I was living when I had to come up with my first online user name.

#6 @mikeyz1 Fort Point National Historic Site. I’ve never been to California, but it’s definitely been on my wishlist since I was a kid. I’m usually pretty good with history and geography, but I must admit I’m surprised to learn there’s a Civil War era fort in San Francisco!

#10 @emotis Vintage Japan Air Lines DC-6B. I’m sad to report that I have no memory of ever being able to arrive at the airport minutes before takeoff and being able to run to the gate. I do however remember being able to go past security to meet or accompany traveling family and friends.

#21 @Beachyblonde National Air & Space Museum featuring a Ford Tri-Motor and DC-3. I wanted to be a pilot, too! But after 9/11 happened when I started college and the airline industry crashed, I switched plans from Embry-Riddle to FSU and studied business instead.

#23 @katie333 The Great Wave off Kanagawa (Japanese art). I find both Japanese and tsunamis fascinating. And I agree postcards are little pieces of art. I even have a few framed.

#25 @CeceG Vintage travel poster style postcard with a hula girl greeting the City of Honolulu steamship. Yes, I have been on a few cruises, and can’t wait to start cruising again. I loved them all but my favorite ship was Royal Caribbean’s Oasis of the Seas.

#29 @melvnoble City of Refuge, Island of Hawaii. I’ve never been to Hawaii either, but hope to one day.

Thanks to everyone! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

That’s awesome. I wish US airlines still offered “pass” tickets. I think American was the last, though I think some foreign airlines still do.

#25 @CeceG sent a great Hawaiian map card. Yes we will visit Oahu.

1. ChristineC
    Thank you to 25, @CeCeG for the nice card from Hawaii – will I ever visit it?

#3 rec’d

#1 @cawindt LP MI deer card! TX is …TX. Hot, humid, bugs,

#2 @ChristineC One Planet card! Great vibrant colors in the card!

#4 @johnbradleytlh LP Tampa! Fingers crossed it is a peaceful hurricane season!

#6 @mikeyz1 Justice Sotomayor!! After the last few cases…I agree with you!!

#9 @hkappespc Hawaii card!! I haven’t had time to go to the movies - but looking forward to it

#21 @Beachyblonde LP Pina Colada. Funny - coconut water reminds me of a watered down Pina Colada!

#23 @kate333 Sleeping cat in tiny hole! Adorable!

#25 @CeceG Hawaii! My daughter is headed there in August!

#29 @melvnoble Sleeping Muse made of marble. Hope you had a great mini vacay!

Thank you all for the great cards and words!

3 Likes

Received some wonderful mail this past week!
Thank you to
#1 @cawindt for the Juneteenth card - so excited for your Poland trip
#4 @johnbradleytlh for the cut out airplane card - I hope hurricane season remains uneventful for you
#15 @dnrhott for the Greek yogurt card - didn’t know it was originally from Turkey
#17 @YOIYUMTEWA for the Wheeling VA post office card - no, that building has very little character, lol
#19 @ellistrations for the Pixar chess game card - this is one of my favorite Pixar shorts
#21 @Beachyblonde for the LP USA map - I haven’t seen this LP map before, so excited to add it to my collection
#29 @melvnoble for the illustrated girl and bike card - When I was a tween I slid across a busy intersection when my bike caught some sand left over from winter. My entire side leg and arm had road rash. Needless to say I don’t ride anymore.

3 Likes

#17 received a cool card:

#25 @CeceG Hawaii map card. Colorful. And the vintage stamps didn’t get postmarked. That seems to happen most often with vintage stamps…almost as if the post office is scared to mark up the old stamps.

I did a count an I have received all my cards. Thank you everyone. I really enjoyed this group!

#23 reporting in …

#9 @hkappespc sent an adorable cartoon bear card, too cute. We’ll have to see how it goes with the border, we’re just starting to release our own restrictions (finally!)
#28 @FrogSalad sent a pretty illustration of bugs and butterflies in a watercolour style, it’s quite nice, thank you!
#16 @hootnoodle sent a wonderful owl illustration, really cool, love it!
#6 @mikeyz1 sent a great Lantern Press zoo animal card with wonderful stamps, thank you!
#1 @cawindt sent an amazing postage stamp card, and I agree 50 members would be an awful lot to track and participate.
#29 @melvnoble sent a lovely impressionist card, and I relate to your commentary, we’re childless by choice. :slight_smile:

Thanks so much everyone for the great cards and great stamps too, all so pretty!!

Home from vacation and have a HUGE update :smiley:
My thanks to:
#1 @cawindt Wonderful Michigan LP card. I love seeing eagles, deer, wild turkeys. Raccoons still freak me out a little… they have no fear!
#2 @christineC Lovely Eiffel Tower and great stamps as usual! I am so anxious to return to Europe. Maybe next summer.
#4 @johnbradleytlh Bright Tampa LP card. Does hurricane season start earlier now? For some reason I was thinking it was in the fall.
#5 @carolreader The most fun coffee card. Woman with 11 cups of coffee beside her. It’s like a typical work morning for me.
#6 @mikeyz1 Eiffel Tower! And so happy to hear you’ve returned to the museums. Life is feeling more nomal, isn’t it?
#7 @treeclimber Beautiful botanical garden! And your garden sounds like it’s thriving. After being away from home I came back to a rogue pumpkin vine that is inching it’s way across my yard. A bonus to composting… volunteer plants!
#8 @Shesa-Renegade Hot Springs Nat’l Park… I have never been there! It’s on my list!!
#9 @hkappespc summery PHQ card. I saw In the Heights live a few years ago… still need to see the movie.
#11 @TandemStoker a fun fact card sent with one of the new Star Wars stamps. I spend way too much on stamps. But couldn’t live without them!
#12 @yarn-lady Harry Potter. He looks so young! Crazy to think the movie watchers got to see him grow up.
#13 @ladybug513 Coffee, coffee, coffee (and matching stamp!!) Hope you had fun at the parties. And enjoy Natalie’s GREEN party!
#14 @BarbL A Quincy view of Boston. We’ll be visiting there next month. First time since Covid!
#15 @dnrhott wintry, snowy pine trees. I was in Lake Tahoe last month and saw snow. May snow is just wrong!
#16 @hootnoodle Cool postcrossing meetup card! Traveling envelopes are something I haven’t done in a while… they were always fun!
#17 @YOIYUMTEWA Thanks for the book card! I read my first book on a kindle last week… so weird! ( I just can’t let go of paper…)
#18 @theosprey247 a new Lou Paper summer card. It’s been a while since I’ve looked at her site. I love her cards!
#19 @ellistrations Beautiful 25th annivesrary WDW decorated castle. I remember seeing this! And I agree… I don’t love the new color scheme.
#20 @sleepyhippo1 CHEESE!!! This card has been in my favorites for a LONG time. And hello to Tillie from Bond, Hamilton and Charlie.
#21 @Beachyblonde ANother new Lou Paper card. (I really need to make another purchase!) And good luck with your boat. Fun, fun, fun!
#22 @Jill203 Books! And always wonderful to meet other Pats fans. I am hoping to see some live football this year!
#23 @katie333 Awesome polar bear LP card. They are cool cards, right?
#24 @roxy David Niven PHQ card. He starred in one of my favorite childhood movies, Candlewood. (Which now makes me want to rewatch it…)
#26 @alcott1 photograph of iinteresting arch. That is so great that you know and support the artist.
#27 @jaqueposts awww…Slinky dog! And hope your son has fun at swim lessons!
#28 @FrogSalad Love the National Park card AND the dad joke!!
#29 @melvnoble View of the Kilauea crater at Volcanoes National Park. I was just there on Monday, and the crater actually increased in 2018! So cool to have a “before” view.
#30 @RockyRoadTrip Vintage Jungle Cruise photo. I still love the Jungle Cruise and all of its corny jokes. I’m kinda bummed Disney has made a movie. (??!?!?!?!?).

To Receive: 3, 25,

6 Likes
  1. ChristineC

Thank you to 9. @hkappespc for the fabulous card showing a reader ready to go through a huge pile of books – I think we should be able to catch up in person in a few months!

You were JUST THERE!? That is so wild!

1 Like

Right?? I was THRILLED to see your card. I’ll be sending lots of Hawaii cards in the July RR as I think I ended up buying 500 or so. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

#29 with one postcard!

#9 @hkappespc - Thank you for this view of a mountain that is actually a volcano in Washington!!

#14 final check-in

#1 @cawindt sent a great Michigan card with a big buck, an eagle, and cute birds! I hope the exam results made all those hours of screen-time worthwhile!
#4 @johnbradleytlh sent the beautiful Capen House! With my elderly MIL in southern Florida, I hope the entire hurricane season is quiet and uneventful!
#9 @hkappespc sent 5 classic New Orleans recipes. I can’t have even the slightest bit of heat in my food, but I’m sure if I left out the pepper they would all suit my hyperactive taste buds!
#25 @CeceG sent a beautiful pink and yellow hibiscus. I have dark pink growing in my yard, but the don’t hold a candle to these!! And thank you for the South Carolina stamp!
#29 @melvnoble sent a cross in the sunset. That sounds like a perfect way to spend Father’s Day!

I think I’ve now received from everyone this month! Thank you all, and have fun in July!!

1 Like

#5 with two cards to report:

#9 @hkappespc - a card from the Spam museum. I have three from there now, but each one is very different, and they are so funny! Amazing how many people are able to visit. Thanks!

#15 @dnrhott - a fun fact about the Cinderella Castle in Florida. I’ve been to Disneyland in Florida, but it’s been a number of years, and Epcot was my favorite park. Thank you, and happy belated birthday!

@johnbradleytlh #4 – Beautiful night view of Tampa
@treeclimber #7 – Luminaries at the Daniel Stowe Botanical Garden. I love going to the St. Louis garden at night–usually something special going on then.
@hkappespc #9 – Lightning in the Seattle sky. St. Louis is usually pretty sunny this time of year, but we have a week of rain predicted. But, as you say, it will be nice not to have to water the grass.
@CeceG #25 – Waimea Surf–Wow! Looks exciting!
Thank you!

1 Like

#7 checking in

#1 @cawindt - Lots of different mailboxes and a Kitty Hawk stamp! I like finding different ones when I travel as well. Hope you get to travel next month!

#29 @melvnoble - Roy II by Chuck Close - hope you finish your knitting project soon!

#19 ellistrations received

#1 @cawindt - Michigan, deer and birds, thank you! After a rough school year like this one, I can’t imagine 2 months of vacation being enough. It’ll fly by. I hope you’ll be able to take your trip! As I work at a dog daycare/boarding facility, we have several dogs coming for a couple weeks at a time and families are visiting France and other places. It sounds as though you should get your trip in. Have fun!

JUNE NARR – Report #5

Rocky #30 here with two more cards to report:

#04 @JohnBradleyTLH: sent an overview photo of the Howard Bros. Circus Model, which is actually ¾-inch-to-the-foot scale replica of Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey Circus (circa the 1920s). It’s the lifelong labor of love by Howard Tibbals, which Ringling Bros. didn’t want to associate with and refused to lend their name to – ironic since the diorama now resides at the Ringling Estate in Sarasota, Florida. Nuts! Thanks. And good to hear “the season” is going well for you!

#25 @CeCeG: a shot of an empty Testudo Carbonara shell. The housing for the red footed tortoise, a species from South America. Don’t worry, I’ve gotten you card from Hawaii faster than some on the nearby mainland! Thanks!

You can view all my incoming June cards HERE…

All my outgoing June cards have been sent…

Just missing #5

Thanks!

Rocky Road Trip #30

1 Like