[RR] North American June 2021 Round Robin - Summer's Here Edition - Addresses Sent

#21 Beachyblonde received:

#2 @ChristineC Thank you for the awesome Happy Postcrossing card from StinkyPaw! We have met over online meetings, but never in person! I love to put in orders from her!

#7 @treeclimber Thank you for the lovely garden postcard and stamps! I love the dolphin stamp! It sounds like you two had a lovely time!

#9 @hkappespc Thank you for the adorable Hi from San Diego postcard! Too cute!!

#10 @emotis Thank you for the epic Lantern Press coffee card! I hope you have safe travels! Iā€™m jealous!!

#17 @YOIYUMTEWA Thank you for the lovely multi card of Niagara Falls! I hope to see them someday!!

#29 @melvnoble Thank you for the sweet Children Playing on the Beach postcard! Perfect!!

1 Like

Received

#2 @ChristineC sent the Beach Motor Court motel in Old Orchard Beach, Maine. Modern 2 bedroom cottages 100 feet from the ocean. Iā€™m in!

#5 @carolreader sent an illustrated card for the Roxie Cinema in San Francisco. Gee, I donā€™t know why you thought of me when you saw this one, haha! I love it so much !

#10 @emotis - Thank you for the great Queen Elizabeth Golden Jubilee postcard. I donā€™t get that many duplicates of the Queen actually. Elvis on the other handā€¦ there is one card Iā€™ve received at least 12 times.

@Shesa-Renegade sent the Mount McKinley National Park visitor centre. Nothing dates a card faster than seeing a bunch of VW camper vans in the parking lot. I love it!

#12 @Yarn-Lady sent a cute ā€œKnit Happensā€ card. So glad to hear your mojo has returned. I hope mine returns soon!

#13 @ladybug513 sent a card from the Easterner Motor Lodge in Bordentown NJ. Iā€™m obsessed with that food truck washi tape you used! So cute!

#18 @theosprey247 sent a wonderful snail mail Lou Paper card. I adore her art!

#22 sent a Mexican Picatso card. This is too cute!

#30 @RockyRoadTrip sent the Eureka Inn in Eureka, CA with one of the best pool scenes Iā€™ve seen! Love it!

Thank you all for such inspired choices!

3 Likes

#14 checking in

#3 @Cruzin sent greetings from The Beaver State of Oregon! I hope your move goes smoothly and you can get back to your challenge!!
#5 @carolreader sent the truth about raisin cookies disguising themselves as chocolate chip! I love this card!! I actually love both (and I found your 10 pounds - you can pick it up at my house any time!!! :joy: :joy: :joy:)
#13 @ladybug513 sent a beautiful reflection shot of the Washington Monument. I visited DC when I was 10 - thatā€™s a lot of years ago! I hope to get back again, for the Smithsonian, if nothing else. I imagine itā€™s changed a lot in all those years
#15 @dnrhott sent beautiful autumn leaves, with fun stickers and tapes. We get a bit of color change here in SC, but I do miss the New England foliage season. Iā€™ve been loving the RRā€™s, but considering cutting back for the summer - outdoors is calling!!
#17 @YOIYUMTEWA sent the many balconies of the Ascot Hotel in Zurich. For some reason I had the impression that everything in Switzerland looked like a castle! :laughing:
#21 @Beachyblonde sent Bear Lake Camp in Ontario. It looks like a nice place to relax, but does the water ever get warm enough to swim in? :laughing: Itā€™s still operating, under new ownership. Maybe I need to get my passport!!
#26 @alcott1 sent a B/W close-up of a section of Eads Bridge, over the Mississippi. They sure donā€™t make things like they used to!
#27 @jaqueposts sent an adorable tabby kitten! No cats for me - hubby is allergic :cry: I hope the swim lessons go well. I was a water rat, but neither of my kids enjoy it

Thanks everyone for anther group of fabulous cards!!

1 Like

#19 ellistrations received

#29 @melvnoble - someone surfing a large wave, thank you! This works with my challenge perfectly, it is a surfboard after all, haha! I never surfed, too scary for me as well. I did booty board a lot and ride the waves that way.

1 Like

#22 Today I receive these wonderful postcards from:

#1 @cawindt - a colorful array of Wall Drug Store signs, something new to me. I havenā€™t yet driven through South Dakota, but maybe one day! Looks like a fun place to stop and enjoy. I love the Lil Abner stamp, especially since I love the movieā€¦ā€œPut 'em back, the way they wereā€¦ā€ Thank you for making me smile1

#6 @mikeyz1 - a beautiful art poster of a Frida silhouette, wonderful Mexican artist. I canā€™t imagine a staycation while you were working from home! At least things are getting a lot better, and you will be able to really get out and stretch your legs. Thank you for your colorful postcard.

#7 @treeclimber - I love your postcard with a gorgeous glass flower from a Botanical Garden. Prior to Covid, we went to the Brooklyn Botanical Garden that had a glass display, and it was incredible. You would think that they wouldnā€™t blend in with the other flowers and displays, but they actually enhance them. Enjoy your summer!

#15 @dnrhott - an interesting Fun Fact card about horses. I certainly didnā€™t know that a sprinting horse was clocked at 55 MPH! I always like to learn new things. I love your sticker, too. Thank you!

#21 @Beachyblonde - A nice overview of Nashville, where my husband was born and raised! Thank you. Have a fun summer.

#29 @melvnoble - An aerial view of the big island Hawaii and a National Historic Site honoring a war god. I was fortunate to visit several islands quite a long time ago, and have wonderful memories of the beauty and the people. We went when there was going to be a solar eclipse, and wouldnā€™t you know it, the clouds obstructed our view at our resort, so we had to watch it on television! The next day we all wore the tourist tee shirts that were sold with cotton balls covering the picture on the shirts. It was quite funny!

#5 received a card from #21 @Beachyblonde - a Lantern Press card showing the Bigfoot that lives in Chattanooga. Always good for a city to have its own Bigfoot :grinning: Great card, thank you!

#19 ellistrations received

#6 @mikeyz1 - common loon, thank you! Beautiful card. Haha, I hope you were able to somewhat enjoy your staycation and have a nice vacation soon.

#15 @dnrhott - green fields with a heart shape in the middle, thank you! I see the heart! Iā€™m also really enjoying this wonderful hobby of ours.

#16 reporting:

#1 @cawindt - an assortment of US airmail stamps on the picture side. I remember most of them, and I also remember using those blue aerogrammes, too.

#21 @Beachyblonde - waterfalls in the Great Smoky Mountains, a beautiful National Park I have yet to visit. Sorry you are having to deal with heat and humidity. We are really lucky not to have that combination around here. (Summer days over 90 are unusual, and itā€™s almost never muggy).

Thank you both.

#20 @Sigiriya nice lady owl. Love the decor. Thanks for the wishes. Thank you.:smiley:

#2 @ChristineC truly amazing thank you.

#28 @FrogSalad love the jokesšŸ˜† Suzie another best 2 cranes grazing. Thank you.

@cawindt #1 ā€“ Magnificent view of the Oregon Coast. Oregon is one of the few US states I have not been to. Needless to say, itā€™s a place I want to visit.
@ChristineC #2 ā€“ Great reprint of Harperā€™s February 1897ā€“I love magazine-themed postcards too. the stamps are great!
@Yarn-Lady #12 ā€“ The Three Sisters in Oregonā€“such a beautiful state! Iā€™m anxious to go there!
@hootnoodle #16 ā€“ An unusual transportation sceneā€“camels in the desert at Maroc. Gorgeous postcard!
@Beachyblonde #21 ā€“ Music City, Nashville. I hope you are able to go there now that the pandemicā€™s overā€“interesting place, especially if you love music.
@melvnoble #29 ā€“ Beautiful scenery! We had a record 101 temperature here todayā€“for us, itā€™s no bake, no cook anything!
@katie333 #23 ā€“ Ann of Avonleaā€“one of my favorite books! Great stamps!
Thank you!

#20 received:

#1 @cawindt the beautiful Oregon coast. Your road trip sounds amazing!
#9 @hkappespc tasty donuts from top pot doughnuts. Sounds like a great place to have a meet up
#21 @Beachyblonde cute tamarin from the Chattanooga zoo
#23 @katie333 green gables gonna hopefully get there one of these days
Thanks everyone

@dnrhott Delia, that card from me was from a different RR - ā€œJUNE 50 RRā€ :slight_smile: Could you please report there :blush: Thanks!

#22 Today I happily received from:

#4 @johnbradleytlh - a pretty Tampa, Florida postcard, thank you. I hope the hurricanes continue to avoid where you live. Weā€™ve usually fly into Tampa since that is a direct flight from where we live. Hopefully our traveling will resume soon.

#9 @hkappespc - an informative famous woman postcard, showcasing Hertha Ayrton. I have to admit that I never heard of her. I love learning new things, thank you! I suppose women had to be a bit brazen and bold to be successful, and maybe that is still a bit true. I appreciate your stickers, too!

#10 @emotis - a beautiful picture of the Moika river in St. Petersburg. thank you. We were fortunate to visit many years ago, but it was on a cruise, so we were only there for two days. It would be nice to go back and explore more, but as you said, now isnā€™t the right time.

#23 @katie333 - a beautiful and colorful travel poster by Ferrari of a fashionable woman taking a walk, thank you. Iā€™m sorry to hear that you are still on lockdown. Things have really opened up here. I still wear a mask in stores, but since Iā€™m vaccinated, I donā€™t really have to do that. I am also able to start socializing with our friends, and even going out to eat at a restaurant. The weather is so nice, that we are able to eat outside. I love to visit Canada, so hope it isnā€™t too long before our borders are reopened.

1 Like

#17 waited too long, now I have a bunch of cool cards to report

#1 @cawindt vintage famous American stamps card. The vintage stamps you used for postage are cool, too. Didnā€™t get postmarked.

#2 @ChristineC interior of Domremy-la-Pucelle, Vosges, France Great paintings on the walls, neat windows. Stamps on your card (also cool) didnā€™t get postmarked, either.

#4 @johnbradleytlh Lantern Press Tampa Florida card. Itā€™s labeled on the back as ā€œPier and Sunsetā€ but itā€™s definitely a nighttime view with a full moon.

#6 @mikeyz1 Texas sunset. Iā€™ve been a mass of confusion for more that just this month. So Iā€™m not sure if this is a bonus or not, either. But itā€™s a cool card with cool vintage stamps.

#9 @hkappespc black and white photo of Michael McClure , Bob Dylan and Allen Ginsberg, North Beach, San Francisco, 1965

#15 @dnrhott a snowy winter woods scene. Looks mysterious to me.

#20 @FrogSalad a dog painting, ā€œRangerā€, 2009 by Geoffrey Martin. Great dad joke. One that Iā€™d tell.

#21 @Beachyblonde First Church of Christ Scientist, Boston, MA Not sure if the newspaper associated with the church is still published (Christian Science Monitor), but I remember back in the day that is was a decent and respectable NEWS paper.

#29 @melvnoble field of flowers: daisies and a purple flower that Iā€™m not sure what it is. paranormal cowboy ghost story? I wouldnā€™t be sure if I should be scared or listening for cowboy music.

2 Likes

JUNE NARR ā€“ Report #4

Rocky #30 here - reporting new arrivals from:

#01 @cawindt: sent the classic Mitchell Corn Palace (the worldā€™s only!) 1907 card which features a swastika made in maize. Long before Hitler adopted the symbol for his ā€œinitiativesā€, the symbol was popular in India as a signal for good luck. I didnā€™t realize the symbol can also found in a number of pre-WWII federal buildings as well. Wow. Interesting stuff, thanks!

#02 @ChristineC: sent a gorgeous shot of the Wood Islands Lighthouse, one of many towers that pepper the coastal islands and inlets of PEI. This one played an important role, and one significant to us, because it illuminated the waterway through which the boat bearing the entire provinceā€™s mail sailed. Thanks!

#06 @MikeyZ1: sent a shot of the Cleveland Harbor West Pierhead Lighthouse, with the stunning city skyline nicely framed behind it. Nice to see it in a summer setting. All the other shots Iā€™ve seen of this light show it totally encrusted in thick white ice! Which happens almost every winter. Yes, time to ditch the staycations. Get your girls out there! Thanks.

#09 @hkappespc: sent a wonderful shot of Billy Carterā€™s Amoco service station in Plains, GA. Itā€™s since been torn down, rebuilt in replica and houses a Billy Carter Museum! The people lined up outside were probably trying to get inside - where Carter ran a scofflaw beer bar and held a paid-entry barbecue in the back. Crazy stuff! Thanks.

#10 @Emotis: sent a colorful multi-view Greetings from Virginia City, Nevada postcard. And yes, itā€™s a miracle the ā€œpainted ladyā€ on the swing hanging from the ceiling made one of the panels! Iā€™ve seen that motif used several places, including in NOLA where the mannequinā€™s legs swing out to the street. Glad you didnā€™t find her during your visitā€¦. For the childrenā€™s sake after all. Thanks!

#15 @dnrhott: sent an intimidating shot of the wide open mouth of Mammoth Cave in Kentucky. Itā€™s an opening to the largest known cave system in the world. Iā€™m okay with natural cave exploration. Itā€™s mining tunnels that give me the heebee jeebies. Yes, Brewster is essentially the gateway to whatā€™s considered upstate NY. Anything north is upstate, anything south is metro-area suburbia. Thanks.

#16 @hootnoodle: sent a hilarious British WWI propaganda card that urges people not to drink alcohol on Mondays in order to help ā€œsupport the troops.ā€ Concerned that the drunkenness was affecting wartime productivity, there was a government sponsored effort to promote teetotaling, which included cutting the opening hours of the pubs and increasing the sin tax. Great stuff, and glad to hear you are seeing family members again. Thanks!

#21 @BeachyBlonde: sent a great Lantern Press card showing a hiker strutting through the Saguaro National Park in Arizona. Yes, I agree with you; Iā€™d rather hike in the woods and mountains. Desert hiking is pretty hardcore, and this guy looks like he is wasting away (and his pack is too heavy!) Thanks for adding to my hiking collection.

#29 @Melvnoble: Oh no, this isnā€™t a boring scene at all! Itā€™s an incredible aerial view of the Kilauea volcano on the Big Island in Hawaii. The worldā€™s only drive-thru active volcano and this shot puts it all in (terrifying) perspective. Thanks!

You can view all my incoming June cards HEREā€¦

All my outgoing June cards have been sentā€¦

Thanks!

Rocky Road Trip #30

1 Like

#18 theosprey247 received
#1 @cawindt a GF Medora, North Dakota card. I would love to go on a road trip like that.
#4 @johnbradleytlh sent a marvelous Mercury card. Hope you guys have a mild hurricane season.
#6 @mikeyz1 sent a GF Indiana card. When my children were younger I loved taking them to the park and watching them play on the equipment.

1 Like

Hello all! #8 Shesa-Renegade checking in with postcards I received this week.

#1 @cawindt sends a moose card from Yellowstone National Park. I have never seen a male moose in person. I agree with you about Old Faithful. I saw it and said - eh, okay - and then went on to explore the rest of the park.

#2 @ChristineC sends a dandelion postcard that says ā€œNever stop making wishes.ā€ So true, and thank you for selecting such a beautiful card for me.

#4 @johnbradleytlh sends a cityscape from Tampa Florida. So happy to hear all is well in the Gulf so far with hurricanes. Are you affected at all by the tropical storm?

#6 @mikeyz1 sends my first received card from the Camino!!! Oh goodness, how I want to walk part of this so badly. I was scheduled to go last year, and then Covid, of course. I love going to academic conferences in interesting places, too. My big geology conference this year is in Portland.

#9 @hkappespc sends a beautiful card of orca from Alaska. The only time I have seen an orca was on an Alaska cruise, and they were at a distance. Luckily I took my binoculars, but would love to see them when just walking on the beach.

#15 @dnrhott sends a Fun Facts card about gummy bears! I had no idea about the color/flavor profiles. I love gummy candy, and the clear pineapple gummy bears are my favorite.

#21 @Beachyblonde sends a Lou Paper card for the 4th of July! What a fun interpretation of my ā€œlightā€ prompt. I love fireworks, too, but my dog doesnā€™t (just like yours). I do have medication to give her to keep her calm. I hate giving it to her, but I also hate her cowering in fear.

#23 @katie333 sends a beautiful postcard of a shoreline and lighthouse in Canada. I want to go to the beach so badly!! GAH!!

#25 @CeceG sends a homemade card with beautiful botanicals! I love handmade cards!! I lived in San Diego for 20 years and Camarillo for another 7 years. Iā€™m headed back out there in less than a month to go see my son. I canā€™t wait! I have just finished rewatching Schittā€™s Creek and am thinking of starting againā€¦haha. I see something new every time I watch the series. I just finished The Komiskey Method on Netflix, which was good.

#29 @melvnoble sends a beautiful card with a church next to the ocean and beautiful sunlight streaming in the sky. This is perfect for my ā€œlightā€ prompt! I, too, love the sun, unless it comes with temperatures of 100* (like today in my part of Arkansas). Love your sticker about the pool. Iā€™ve been swimming in the campus pool every day for the past week. It is great to get into the water.

Thank you, all!

Received 1, 2, 4, 5, 6, 7, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 29, 30

To Receive: 3, 19, 28

2 Likes

#7 checking inā€¦

#2 @ChristineC - pretty closeup of a sunflower with a heart

#4 @johnbradleytlh - Blue Angel by Albin Polasek - the sculpture garden sounds nice

#6 @mikeyz1 - painted flowers at Grand Teton National Park - I hope you enjoyed your time off.

#9 @hkappespc - beautiful tulip in Skagit Valley WA - Iā€™d love to see these fields blooming one day

#15 @dnrhott - a delicate looking golden spider lily - itā€™s been raining off an on all day today and the garden is loving it. there are blooms on the tomatoes and cucumbers.

#21 @Beachyblonde - a Florida Fat Cat with a rubber ducky - looks like our Cici. Weā€™ve cut back on her food and she is not happy about it.

#25 @CeceG - beautiful yellow plumeria in Hawaii - Iā€™ve been reading my way through the George Smiley spy books by John LeCarre. I have some Nancy Drew mysteries that I read as a teen that I need to pull down from the attic for my nieces.

Some great stamps! Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend.

2 Likes

Received another lovely card ā€¦ from @Yarn-Lady, great art, and so cute as well!!! Thanks for the great card.

Hi everyone! I am updating starting now and will have July open once I complete updates for June and the previous months. Thank you for your patience!