[RR] North American June 2021 Round Robin - Summer's Here Edition - Addresses Sent

New Zealand was AH-MA-ZING!

Some more lovely reports for #23 ā€¦

@ChristineC #2 sent a great stamp themed card, I love stinkypawā€™s cards, Iā€™ve bought some there myself, but I donā€™t have this one yet in my own collection. :slight_smile:
@BarbL #14 sent a Fun Facts card with a Pallas cat, so adorable!! Also that was a fun fact (their eyes being round pupils vs. slits like most cats).
@sleepyhippo1 #20 sent a cats doing artwork card, Iā€™ve never seen this series before and I love it!!
@alcott1 sent a wonderful book store card with a sweet cat on it.
@theosprey247 #18 sent a great Pusheen card, I love these, and hope to get the whole set in the mail.
@Jill203 #22 sent a card with lots of books, I like Green Jasmine tea too, though I admit I mostly drink black tea for the caffeine burst!
@emotis #10 sent a great stamp card, I loved this series from GB when it came out, cute cartoons!
@TandemStoker #11 sent a great Jetoy card, so sweet. I could never foster kittens, I would have like 30 kittens in short order.

Thanks for the great cards all!

2 Likes

#9 All cards are now SENT :tada:

RCVD:
#2 Christinec - Canada Goose painting - I wonder what the birds think watching humans sheltering for 16 months and wearing masks? Also I love the stamps you chose (especially the stamp of stamps!)
#3 cruzin - block print of Twelfth Night - Arden has been in this show twice and is teching it this weekend. We are so excited for theater to be back!
#5 carolreader - lobster vs boiled lobster card - I always wondered why they turn red when they are cooked. BTW, when you start looking at cameras for birding, let me know - I have suggestions :wink:
#6 mikeyz - Jane Dyer illustration of bunnies, rats and dogs having a fancy dinner party. I used to love Dyerā€™s books when Arden was little because of the illustrations!
#7 treeclimber - Daniel Stowe Botanical Garden - sounds like you had a lovely visit with your mom.
#8 shes-renegade - Joan Beauchamp Proctor - and I agree, ā€œWhy shouldnā€™t a woman run a reptile house?ā€ Go Joan go!
#10 emotis - Neon lobster Lantern Press card - so much love in this card!
#11 tandemstoker - Rattlesnake recipe - Iā€™m going to share this with my brother (he ate rattlesnake at a summer camp and said it tasted like chicken). And yes, last time I was in the RR was about a year ago!
#12 yarn-lady - black & white photo of a woman mailing a letter - yes, mailboxes are getting taken down, so sad.
#13 ladybug513 - Paul Cezanne painting of men playing cards with a sticker of Alice & Wonderland (?) playing card court AND a queen playing card stamp - best coordination of postcard elements ever! Love it :heart:
#14 barbl - Emily Ford pen & ink (my favorite art media) illustration of a chest of goblins - this is soooo cool! There so much to see in this one little drawing!
#16 hootnoodle - OMG the deer and antelope playingā€¦chess! (And a moon landing stamp :crescent_moon:) Where do you find all these chess cards for me? #18 theosprey247 - Big letter San Francisco - 95Ā°? Yes, I can understand missing the bay area weather.
#20 sleepyhippo1 - American Girl illustration of Samantha and her grandmother crafting. Iā€™m sorry you lost the job you loved. I hope you grow to love your new job just as much.
#22 jill203 - antique sewing machine - Iā€™m still not very good at Esperanto, my lessons keep getting interrupted. Cheers to travelling in 2022!
#23 katie333 - baby feminist Dr. Mae Jemison - Iā€™ve never seen this series and love it! Also, cool vintage stamps!
#24 Roxy - railway post office - with matching postage and a postal code stamp? You spoil me!
#25 ceceg - COVID poster - oh my, a staycation in Hawaii? Sign me up, lol!
#27 jaqueposts - bunny cake - toddler swim lessons are so fun to watch because they go through all the emotions and learn so quick.
#30 rocky - Walton Ford bird painting. Thank you for introducing me to Walton Ford - his work! Twisted mind and talent :slight_smile:

2 Likes

#14 reporting :slightly_smiling_face:

#2 @ChristineC sent a great bonsai tree! Yes, Bobā€™s grandparents all transplanted to Maine from Quebec!
#12 @Yarn-Lady sent a double rainbow over Smith Rock State Park. Beautiful!
#16 @hootnoodle sent Seattleā€™s Pike Place Market. Iā€™m glad you had weather that allowed you to gather outside!
#22 @Jill203 sent a multi-view of several great spots in Connecticut, my old stomping ground! Bob & I had one of those stackable record players - good times!!
#23 @katie333 sent elephants in the sunset (I love it too). A few years ago the zoo in Columbia was coordinating a 3-week trip to Africa. Base price was $27,000 per person plus airfare, so sadly it was a pass for me
#24 @roxy sent Auberge de La Pointe in Quebec. We always went to the same place for vacation, but my sister and I still managed to find postcards here and there
#28 @FrogSalad sent a Bush Lily from the wonderful Botanicals collection! I laughed out loud at your joke - thanks! :joy: :joy:
#30 @RockyRoadTrip sent a beautiful Cape Cod sunset. I read a fictional story about that hurricane. The characters were fictional, but the descriptions of the storm and aftermath were based on survivorsā€™ accounts

Thank you all for great cards!!

1 Like

Horrors! The most expensive trip Iā€™ve ever taken was one to South Africa, Botswana, Zimbabwe and Zambia, but it cost much much less, even though our group had just 11 people. The maximum group size is 16. (Right now that trip is advertised for $5395, including airfare from NY, for 17 days, with extensions available. Actually, Iā€™d probably count that as 15 days, since the first night is in an airplane, and the 17th day is the departure date). Thatā€™s still pricey for a vacation, but it was fabulous.

1 Like

#27 jaqueposts received:

#6 @mikeyz1 thanks for the awesome views of Slovenia and Croatia!

#16 @hootnoodle mesmerizing view of Kyoto! Good luck to your daughter!

#22 @Jill203 thank you for the cute US map! I hope you enjoy your trip to Florida!

1 Like

#19 ellistrations received

#2 @ChristineC - Moose, thank you! Iā€™d love to see one. We have deer around here and theyā€™re so cute!

#24 @roxy - Pan-American Games, thank you! I like the stamps you used, so colorful and match the theme.

A nice card from #25 @CeceG - great ā€œdogā€ portrait! Great stamps! Thank you. I like the cute, tiny weather rubber stamps. I am currently reading ā€œThe Code Breakerā€ by Walter Isaacson. Excellent, so far.

I canā€™t wait to get there!

1 Like

#21 Beachyblonde

I sent the last of my cards today!

#6 reporting

#29 @melvnoble sent an awesome Edward Hopper painting card! Love it!

#19 ellistrations received

#21 @Beachyblonde - a girl in a bikini with her surfboard, thank you! You have ruined the streak, I was doing so well without any bikini girls, haha! Itā€™s alright, this oneā€™s actually pretty cute. Hope you have a great trip! It will be nice to have some new scenery.

1 Like
  1. ChristineC
    Thank you to 16. @hootnoodle for the great illustration by Erin K. Robinson of the poet Gwendolyn Brooks ā€“ a fabulous addition to my typewriter collection!

#9 @hkappespc sent sent a neat Route 66 card. Although we get plenty of visitors to our feeders we donā€™t have any permanent residents.

#15 @dnrhott sent a Emperpr Penguin card. Living in CA is great except for June-September when the temps are over 100.

#21 @Beachyblonde sent a LouPaper July card which I never seen before. Thank you and enjoy your summer.

#29 @melvnoble sent a CA State Map with the state flag, bird, and flower. Thank you.

All postcards were sent out. #15

#5 reporting:

#23 @katie333 ā€“ an Art Unlimited stone sculpture of a hug! Nice ā€“ thank you! I have been able to get out for a haircut after going without for over a year, but, in general, the pandemic was not kind to my hair!

#24 @roxy
ā€“ ā€œThe Pitcher of Dorian Grey Gooseā€. Great card and what looks like a tasty libation - thanks! As far as Iā€™m concerned, you can send me every card in this set. I love them!

#27 @jaqueposts ā€“ A pretty and interesting card, but Iā€™m not sure exactly what this is. A Lego town? A 3-D game involving pegs? Intriguing. Thanks! ā€œYā€ swimming classes are great. I took many of them when I was young.

#29 @melvnoble ā€“ Iā€™m not exactly sure what animal this is, but, as an animal lover, I love this card! Iā€™ll try a Google image search. Thank you! Hope you satisfied your sweet tooth.

#29 @melvnoble the sunset card is breath taking. Thank you.
#21 @Beachyblonde thank you for the flower pcard.

Received:
#6 @mikeyz1 awesome saltwater crocodile from the Toledo zoo. Always fun taking little ones to the zoo.

#15 @dnrhott beautiful deer postcard. We have a lot of deer here too.

#29 @melvnoble neat fish card. Love the washi tape.

Thanks everyone.

#15 @dnrhott - cherry blossoms. Our state capitol grounds always look gorgeous with these in the spring.

#29 @melvnoble - Helen Caldicott, Australian antinuclear activist and pediatrician. I like this Women Who Dared series, too.

Thank you both from #16.

Three more cards have arrived since my last update. Thank you to

#2 @ChristineC for the wonderful Canada Post card commemorating Louisbourg, one of the important settlements in Acadia. Love it!! Wonderful stamps as well. Merci!

#15 @dnrhott for the great Statue of Liberty card. In my younger years, I did walk all the way to the top of the crown. Iā€™m glad I did it, but now, I donā€™t need to do it again. LOL

#29 @melvnoble for the awesome Grand Central Terminal vintage reprint. Have fun in DC and you should have no problem finding lots of cards. I like hitting the gift shops at the various Smithsonian Museums. :wink: