[RR] North American July 2023 Round Robin - The While the Host is Away Edition - Closed

#17 received another cool card today.

#21 @Beachyblonde A fall view in the Great Smokies in Tennessee. That would be an amazing trip if you do it. Here in western PA we are part of the Allegheny Plateau (Appalachian Plateau), west of the highest parts of the Appalachians. Fall is amazing here, but up in the mountains east of here (and like the Smokies, I’m sure), it’s even more amazing.

#27 @beatriceh reporting Cards 5-30 sent today. I’ll receive reported tomorrow

My son and is girlfriend came Up North to spend a few days and were nice enough to bring me my mail. Fun! :smiley: Thanks to:
#1 @WrenAtTheBeach Cute GF Myrtle Beach card. And my favorite Disney movies are… pretty much all of them except for Dumbo, Bambi and the Lion King. They all made me cry.
#4 @jenhart Hello Summer Lantern Press card. Hello, indeed. I love, love, love this time of year!
#5 @carolreader The Cleveland Flats. I’ve been there a few times when we go to Cleveland for football games.
#9 @RobinP Boston ADG card. We’ll be heading east in September.
#15 @AccentOnHakes The Detroit River. Hope you’re having fun exploring your new city!!
#16 @HaniMilei Awwww. “Thing BIg” and features a Black Lab with a tree. My dogs are like this. Why settle for a stick?!
#18 @LaurenceB Beautiful Tausendschon card… and yes, perfect peacock washi (how pretty!!!)
#20 @Angeldreamer “The simplest things are often the most fun” Such a sweet Little Golden Book card!
#23 @suatelier Gorgeous view of Montreal. I love that city! (And their bagels!)
#26 @sarahaeyo Boston NHP. Boston is the best city for Independence Day.
#28 @TwoDoggies Hawaii Lou card. And I won’t see the grand until September. I am so looking forward to it.
#29 @melvnoble Yes… so cute! A baby kraken playing in the tub. That face!

To RECEIVE:
6, 14, 21, 24, 25, 27

6 Likes

#11 received from #21 @Beachyblonde The Rake legends of the national parks. This is a cool card! I’ve never heard of the Rake, but now I am curious to learn more. Is this legend common knowledge? Am I out of the loop, haha? :thinking: Thank you!

#5 reporting:

No number - I hope it’s OK if I post this here - @mikeyz1 – this isn’t a card for this month specifically (I already got Mike’s July card), but it’s an extra that I thought would be worthwhile to show here, with a thank-you. Mike, my friend Steve and I went to a “postcard party” last week where we wrote and mailed out a bunch of these, so I’ve seen it. But I was tickled to get it, and I’ll upload it to my Flickr site, too.

#8 @shesa-renegade – Your random card to me is a winner. Ever since I saw Theodore Roosevelt National Park last year in North Dakota, I’ve wanted to see the Badlands in South Dakota. Great card - thanks! I participate in the “Eyes Closed RR” from time to time and use a random number generator there (though it’s a little silly for just a few cards). I’m not always crazy about what I send out, though. But I bought the card in the first place, so….

#18 @LaurenceB – An “Art of Instruction” card, but with a nod to “Cow Appreciation Day” (what a concept!). Thanks, and thank you, too, for the animal souvenir folder. I hope the family recovers from Covid soon. I feel for you.

#21 @beachyblonde – What a cool shark image (leave it to Lantern Press!) And where did you get the “Shark Awareness Day” sticker?! Great response to my challenge – thank you!

#23 @suatelier – beautiful large card with two scenes of Montreal. I really should visit, too. Thanks!

#24 @roxy – Great, unusual work from the Museum of Modern Art – thanks! I am doing more this summer than I usually do. There are a lot of outdoor concerts with tribute bands in Kent and Akron. I saw the Eagles (tribute) on July 3, and we’ll see the Stones (tribute) tonight. We’re also going on a two-day hiking trip in August.

5 Likes

#7 Received-

#18 @LaurenceB - Sweets! Hi, Laurence! Thanks so much for the fun “library” of sweets postcard! So many treats! And I love the macaron washi tape. I am delighted to know Canada issued a dessert stamp. The tarte au sucre looks delicious. And I think I will be shopping for scratch and sniff stickers from here out. :slight_smile: A traffic reporter? Do you work in broadcasting today?

1 Like

#22 uconn

#28 @TwoDoggies Eric Drooker skeleton card, thanks!

#3 received

#6 @mikeyz1 Great cartoon! I feel like the dog too!

#8 @Shesa-Renegade Portminster Beach St. Ives Cornwall. What a great way to choose cards! Might give it a try just to see what is picked!

#18 @LaurenceB The Art of Marion Peck! Great great card! Love the stickers and awesome washi tape! Hope you found some great treasures at the antique show!

#21 @Beachyblonde Pink!! Great card! Hope you got the beach trip!

#23 @suatelier Quebec travel poster! Haven’t been to a wedding in a long time! Always fun!

#28 @TwoDoggies Pink! And Pink pen! I love the beach - we are 5 miles from it - and I don’t go enough.

Thank you all for the great cards and words!!

3 Likes

#23 reporting

#22 @uconn thank you for the Gudetama card!! I love it so much. I don’t have Netflix but I really want to watch the liveaction of the egg!

#29 @melvnoble thank you for the asparagus card! Salmon with asparagus is such a classic and it’s so yum!

1 Like

#19 received

#5 @carolreader - thank you! This is a neat card. I’ve never visited White Sands, but just by an image search, it does look quite incredible.

Updated!

#11 received from #18 @LaurenceB the cutest card with a little mouse reading to her animal friends. This is absolutely adorable :hearts: I hope you are still enjoying a lovely summer vacation. Thank you!

1 Like

NARR JULY 2023
Report #3

Couple of more July cards to report:

#21 @BeachyBlonde: sent a shot of Yucca Man from the Legends of the National Parks collection from Anderson Design. He’s known as the Mojave Bigfoot, and from the descriptions I’ve read, this appears to be the case - a sasquatch that’s adapted to desert life… but kept all that hair? I guess that’s why he’s mostly only seen at night. Thanks!

#28 @TwoDoggies: sent an Amish storefront for my collection. It’s the one thing I’ve always found contradictory – this religious sect that shuns technology and values simplicity, and yet’s rabidly embraced entrepreneurial capitalism. Is this what Jesus would do? Thanks!

All my July cards have been sent.

Anticipating the arrival: 14, 16, 18, 24, 25, 27, and 29

Thanks,
Rocky Road Trip #30

1 Like

18 reporting

5 @carolreader Thank you Carol for the great Tintin card! It went through hell a quarter of it was ripped, but it arrived safely! I love Tintin, have most of the books still

6 @mikeyz1 Thank you so much for the unique GF Brooklyn! Very unique design, love it! Wonderful stamps too

10 @emotis Thank you for the pretty Michigan map straight from vacation :smiley:

11 @RuhRohRaggy Thank you so much for an amazing Mila Marquis card! Love love it! I wish I had a trip to plan xD

14 @CorinneJKS Thank you SO much for the great Keep the Faye card! Love to look at all the little details! Such a talented artist

26 @sarahaeyo Thank you for the amazing patriotic giraffe!!! so awesome!! Hope you had a great 4th of July. Canada’s birthday’s never as big a party!!

1 Like

Updated!

#21 BeachyBlonde received:

#14 @CorinneJKS Thank you for the adorable coffee gnome postcard! I love her artwork (and my coffee)!

#16 @HaniMilei Thank you for the Jane Addams postcard! I also love the quote!

#17 @YOIYUMTEWA Thank you for the cool West Virginia map postcard! I liked to visit WV when we lived in MD!

#18 @LaurenceB Thank you for the awesome whale postcard! I hope you have enjoyed your time!!

#24 @roxy Thank you for the Palm Beach postcard! I feel like it’s always here down South!

#28 @TwoDoggies Thank you for the awesome Roald Dahl postcard! I love this set so I am always more than happy to receive these!! haha

2 Likes

@CorinneJKS #14 I love this Washington map card, too! Lovely choice. I’m glad you love your town.
@HaniMilei #16 Peaceful garden scene. Love it, the quote, and your handwriting. Thank you!
@LaurenceB #18 Cool windmill card. Wow–your vacation sounds so productive. I wish I had your energy.
@Beachyblonde #21 Chattanooga. I still haven’t been. Did you manage to figure out your beach trip? I got out of work a few hours earlier than expected. I impulse bought a folding camp chair and an apple pie. Brought it to the beach, ate apple pie with the waves lapping my feet, and read on my Kindle for an hour or so. Barely beat the rain heading home!
@beatriceh #27 Thanks for the flower postcard and the mug cake recipe. I’ve never had much luck with the microwave mug desserts. Maybe I’ll have to give it another shot.
@TwoDoggies #28 Lovely LP card for Victoria, BC, Canada. Your grandson sounds too funny. I’m sure he’ll grow to tolerate and eventually enjoy your company!

3 Likes

20 Angeldreamer Sent all
To receive: 16, 24 ,25, 27

5 @carolreader a beautiful Ohio wildflower bouquet! Thanks!! I need to take the time to plant some seeds or at least throw them in some places and not mow there! I have great plans stewing in my head that I create while mowing (with 6 acres there is many hours to mow a week!) eventually I would love to have more flowers and shade etc and less that actually needs mowed!

14 @CorinneJKS Forks High School…another great card! I ran out of interesting books to listen to from the library so went back to some old standbys…I am relistening to Twilight now…actually…the reimagined version where the sexes of key characters are swapped :slight_smile:

18 @LaurenceB a sweet little gnome house! I love the decorations on the back as well! I hope you had a lovely time at the antique show and found some treasures!! I am looking forward to taking some time off in a few weeks…but will likely just spend it cleaning the garage or some other project that needs done and has been bugging me greatly!

21 @Beachyblonde great views of the Florida Keys. I never made it into the keys, just the middle part of florida…it was already too “peopley” for me! haha. My dad and I left as soon as his conference was over and we spent 2 days on a horse farm to enjoy the country and breathe in fresh air!! haha

23 @suatelier 2 lovely views of a main plaza in Montreal. That is definitely a city on my list to see! If I end up quitting my job while my dad is still living we are going to take another epic RV trip and really visit a lot places! (understandably he is pushing for me to quit! haha)

26 @sarahaeyo omg you have a great signature stamp!! Thanks for this awesome Santa/xmas in July card! We have had a ton of humidity as well. very unusual for us as we are usually in a drought, but trees and flowers are loving it!..and I have to go out an mow now that the dew finally dried off the grass that is about 10 inches high from a week of rain!!

28 @TwoDoggies a lovely view of a cathedral in Antwerpen. You must have a lot of lovely memories!! Such a special trip to take when there is a personal connection!

2 Likes

#9 reporting two more arrivals from the end of last week…

from #21 @Beachyblonde - a beautiful image of the Great Smoky Mountains. Good luck planning your beach trip! We’re trying to arrange one too, but I’m not positive it’s going to happen at this point.

from #26 @sarahaeyo - a hand-canceled little cutie of a llama drawing! I can’t believe how long this card took to get here. My 4th was lovely. We had all the grandparents over for a cookout. And because the one GP staying overnight with us is pretty disabled, we decided to skip a trip to any formal firework events. My husband did take our son to hunt for fireworks in the neighborhood (it was like surroundsound), but I think I was the only one who actually managed to see some off the front porch!

THank you both for the great cards!

1 Like

#13 @Annazon received #21

From #21 @Beachyblonde

Thank you for the cute dog, try a new look card. My pug Lilu is 13 and has grown into a little old lady.:older_woman: