[RR] North American July 2022 Round Robin - The Summertime Edition - Closed!

18 reporting that all cards have been mailed!! :smiley:

(#20) #18, #23 and #24 have been mailed.

#1 @cawindt a castle Rejs Til Danmark. Happy travels.

#5 @carolreader sunflowers far as the eye can see for Ukraine. Yes agreed we already in July.

#2 @CrimsonKing Galcier National Park in MT. A state i would truly like to see. Nice washi.

#13 @ladybug513 pastries from my favorite my 2nd like it. I would like to try cannoli and mille femille.

#17 @YOIYUMTEWA a Fl sunset on Clearwater Bay .

#19 @ellistrations Edinburgh Castle always fascinated by these structures and wonder what secrets they hold.

Thank you all for my 1st set of cards. :grinning: they are quite lovely.

2 Likes

#29 - My first postcards arrived!

#1 @cawindt - Thank you Craig for this great postcard showing the Gates of the Arctic National Park! I agree, where did June go?? I hope your trip to Greece and Poland is wonderful! My partner and I are going to Philadelphia in a few weeks. I need a vacation, that’s for sure!

#5 @carolreader - Thank you Carol for this beautiful postcard of Grand Prismatic Spring in Yellowstone National Park! Sorry to hear about you getting COVID. I got it in late December. Not fun! I do play Pokémon Go! My partner and I usually go on special outings to play! :laughing: If you know someone who wants to add me :wink: 2352 1200 1679

#13 @ladybug513 - Thank you Susan for this postcard from Philadelphia! My partner and I are going in a few weeks actually! I’ve got an itinerary all set up for a jam-packed schedule! Hope you have a great time…oh I suppose you’ve already gone by now, so hope it was great!

#17 @YOIYUMTEWA - Thank you Rick for this postcard from Philadelphia! As I just mentioned to Susan, we’re going there in a few weeks! Very America’s Birthday. We are planning to go to Independence Hall and the Liberty Bell, so hopefully, I can see how these rooms look now!

1 Like

#15 all cards ready to go.

as of tomorrow (7/7), all of #26’s cards will be traveling.

#8 Shesa-Renegade checking in with my first received cards!

#1 @cawindt sends a great card of the Northern Lights. Someday, someday I will see these for myself! I am so jealous of all of your upcoming travel!

#5 @carolreader sends a fun card of a meadow diorama. I often wonder what the Earth would be like without humans. So many things we’ve driven to extinction, so many changes we’ve made to the land. It’s boggling to think of all that we’ve done.

#17 @YOIYUMTEWA sends a vintage card of Charlotte of Savoie. I looked her up and she led a sad life. Married at the age of 9 to a 27 year old man (yikes!) and then being neglected and abandoned when her husband heard he was now king. She had to borrow items to get home. What a jerk!

#19 @ellistrations sends a card of the red starfish. You would be amazed at the things this phylum of organisms can do, and starfish are pretty awesome all on their own!

Received: 1, 5, 17, 19

#2 received

#22 @uconn sent glass stained windows in a church, thank you James! My dogs are ok with thunderstorms too unless it shakes the house and they feel the vibrations, then they want us to hold them, hehe. What really scares my corgi is fireworks and smoke alarms, basically loud noises she isn’t used to, poor little girl. Were you able to go to the game?

1 Like

My cards are in the mail - enjoy!

#5 with my first cards for July:

#1 @cawindt – a mountain valley in winter in the Capitol Reef National Park. Great addition to my national park collection – thank you! Have wonderful and safe travels this month!

#6 @mikeyz1 – “Self Portrait of a Soldier” by Ernst Ludwig Kirchner. I don’t know much art history, so I was glad of the background you gave me – and that the painting is in Oberlin. I’ve received two other postcards of Kirchner’s work, but I like this one best. Thanks for an interesting card!

#16 @TheHassFamily – A different view of hot air balloons - looking up from the ground. Pretty picture – thank you! (as far as hiking/exercise/etc – we all just need to keep doing the best we can…)

#22 @uconn – you’ve come through again with a great surreal card, a giant hand coming out of the water towards some unwitting passers-by. Thanks!

My Flickr album with these cards is here.

1 Like

#9 @ljbbauer reporting:

#1 @cawindt sends my first women’s basketball card - Sheryl Swoopes! Thanks so much!

#2 @CrimsonKing sends a neat addition to my Alice cards. I am all about the AC - no melting here. Thank you!

#5 @carolreader sends a toucan from the National Aviary in Pittsburgh. I’ve been looking for someplace new to visit, and Pitt isn’t too far from here. Making a new plan! Thank you!

#6 @mikeyz1 sends a gorgeous barn illustration. Another one that would make a neat house. Thank you!

#17 @YOIYUMTEWA sends “quirky and irreverent.” A fun one, thank you!

#27 @beatriceh sends Death Valley from 59 Parks. I love this series! I’m trying to sneak in some time for postcard writing, but work has been wringing me out lately. Thank you!

2 Likes

All of my cards are sent now (beatriceh, #27)

#29 - One more postcard arrived!

#19 @ellistrations - Thank you Barbara for this lovely owl! He looks like he’s really contemplating something. I love the stickers you included! They are shiny, but hey that can be fun in the summer right? I’ve been trying to use more of my stash, so I’ve been pairing odd stickers and washi tape with random postcards :laughing:

1 Like

2 more have arrived for #4 @jenhart :

#5 @carolreader : Everglades Lantern Press card. I am glad you are recovered and ready to finally enjoy summer! Thank you for the great card and stamps :slight_smile:

#22 @uconn : Christopher Arndt Big Sable light. The day you wrote this you were hoping to make a baseball game, I hope the weather cleared and you made it. We just went to a Brewers-Pirates game in Pittsburgh and it was so fun. Thank you also for the unique stamps!

1 Like

#22 uconn

#1 @cawindt nice vintage stamps on this cave card. Thanks! .

#5 @carolreader I’ve been to the Dalí museum in Florida, a great spot. This is certainly a weird one, thanks!

#13 @ladybug513 great carousel and Connecticut stamp. Thanks for this beach card. Enjoy your trip!

#17 @YOIYUMTEWA cool vintage card. I also wonder how this kid portrays aid! Thanks

#19 @ellistrations thanks for this Nile Boats at Luxor, Egypt photo from 1912

1 Like

#1 @cawindt – Tower of Voices, Flight 93 Memorial–beautiful card.

#5 @carolreader – Louis Jordan saxophone at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in Cleveland–a place I’m anxious to visit.

#17 @YOIYUMTEWA – Washington’s headquarters at Valley Forge–Curt Teich card, 1933. I love the colorful detail on the Curt Teich linen cards.

Thank you for the great postcards.

2 Likes

#21 BeachyBlonde

I’ve received a few postcards:
#1 @cawindt Thank you for the lovely Isle Royale postcard! I love it! I hope you have some safe travels, how exciting!!!

#2 @CrimsonKing Thank you for the hilarious finch postcard! These are so funny! I love this set too! haha

#5 @carolreader Thank you for the adorable horse postcard! I loved the Misty of Chincoteague books as well!!

#13 @ladybug513 Thank you for the awesome Giraffe and baby postcard! I would love to go to Africa and see some someday!

#17 @YOIYUMTEWA Thank you for the view of downtown Indiana, PA! I love visiting smaller towns!

#19 @ellistrations Thank you for the cute dogs postcards from the Dog Boxed Set! I need to catch up on groups too! haha

3 Likes

#14 @dnrhott here :slightly_smiling_face: cards 1-20 are in the mail.

#13 - All of my cards are in the mail!

#28 Cards 1-21 went out in yesterday’s mail.