[RR] North American July 2022 Round Robin - The Summertime Edition - Closed!

#15 sending cards to Canada (18, 23, 24) today.

#16 sending cards to #7 & #8 today, July 2.

#22 uconn

Mailed 1 - 5 today

#27 beatriceh sent cards to 1-5, 9-10 today

Updated!

I spent a lovely morning drinking tea and writing postcards. All are written and will be in the mail on Tuesday. YAY!! :bouncing:

#'s 18, 23, & 24, are all being sent today with a domestic stamp! :canada:

1 Like

#23 - mailed cards #1-14 today

Updated :smiley:

Smart thing to do while in Canada!

1 Like

#27 beatriceh dropped cards #11-16, 18-19, 21-22, and 29 at the post office today (self-service station).

#16 @TheHassFamily put 21, 22, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30 in the mail slot today. Since it is Independence Day here in the USA, the postal workers will actually mail the cards tomorrow.

All my cards have been mailed. Enjoy!

#22 uconn
All are mailed now

#16 putting #9, 10, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17 in the mail today. :slight_smile:

#4 has received my first cards:

#1 @cawindt : Canyonlands National Park. Have a fabulous month - all that travel sounds wonderfully exhausting!

#6 @mikeyz1 : Lantern Press of the Space Needle. Glad he had a mild case so you can enjoy your summer now. I keep waiting for my turn :frowning:

#16 @TheHassFamily : lovely flower and shell card. I hope your cat survived the vet. My cat hates his yearly visit and comes home and hides (pouts). :laughing:

#17 @YOIYUMTEWA : lovely old inn in Pennsylvania. Thank you!

#19 @ellistrations : this absolutely counts as multiples- and a Weiner dog in the center :heart:

1 Like

#11ā€“My cards are in the mail.

Wow, July 5th and I ALREADY have 4 cards to report!

#1 @cawindt sent me a beautiful art of Cuyahoga Valley National Park. Definitely looks like something Iā€™d love to go see in person, as I love waterfalls! Sounds like youā€™ve been really busy! The summer is flying by for me as well. Thank you for the great card! P.S. Your handwriting is gorgeous.

#5 @carolreader sent me a ā€œbad tasteā€ lobster card. I agree completely! Iā€™m not a seafood fan. (My husband is though, and he said this card made him want to go get Fish/Seafood somewhere, LOL). Thank you for the card.

#13 @ladybug513 sent me a pup and snowpup card. Definitely missing winter now that weā€™re in the thick of the heat and humidity here in Minnesota (90*F and humid today, thunderstorms this evening/overnight). I hope you enjoy your vacation! Thanks for the card!!!

#17 @YOIYUMTEWA sent me a great Pixar card, some concept art by Jan Pinkava. Love Pixar and Disney, thank you! Animated movies always surprise me so muchā€¦these artists getting all the facial features and expressions correct whereas I can barely draw a stick figure. Some people have some great talent there at Pixar! Thank you for the card.

xxTara

#19 received

#2 @CrimsonKing - a dog, snail, bird and fairy child, thank you! This is such a cute card. I didnā€™t notice the swirl in the dogā€™s fur until I read your note. Love it!

#5 @carolreader - UP concept art with balloons, thank you! The balloons have been an amazing collection, so colorful and fun - more so than I ever imagined when I first started it. I never get bored of them, haha!

#17 @YOIYUMTEWA - an interesting colorful piece of art with animals, thank you! Interesting and unusual, I notice more animals the more I look at it.

1 Like

#2 reporting

#1 @cawindt sent something close to Vikings, thank you Craig. :smiley: I want to visit a lot of the European and Scandinavian countries before I leave this plane of existence! Such beautiful country and tons of history to dive into and get lost in.

#5 @carolreader sent Chrysanthemums, thank you Carol. :smiley: Teeth are a pain when they act up, also sorry you got covid last month. Iā€™m knocking on wood, been lucky thus far. I do hope that July as great for you!

#6 @mikeyz1 sent a Vincent van Gogh, thank you Mike. :smiley: Itā€™s currently too hot to be outside, but I too sit outside in the evenings until the mosquitoes come looking for my blood, haha! Hope you finished reading the dissertation.

#13 @ladybug513 sent Land of the Free Sunset Beach, thank you Susan. :smiley: Our tiny village put on a fireworks show July 1st as well, I didnā€™t go, but definitely heard all the booms and had to cuddle my corgi because she was not liking it one bit.

#16 @TheHassFamily sent a deer, thank you Tara. :smiley: We didnā€™t have plans either for the 4th, just keeping the corgi calm, the chihuahua is half deaf and doesnā€™t care, lol. Good way to be paid to write postcards, Iā€™m down for that, hehe.

#17 @YOIYUMTEWA sent an old school card of New Kensington, PA, thank you Rick. :smiley: I like receiving old cards like this. Old buildings are nice to look at for their architecture.

#19 @ellistrations sent a tausendschƶen card, thank you Barbara. :smiley: The red-cheeked cordon-bleu bird is adorable. I used to have a pair some time back, love them and owl finches along with my goofy birds, haha.

#27 @beatriceh sent a New Yorker cover, thank you Charisse. :smiley: Iā€™ve had carpal tunnel since my mid 20s (so half my life) and I wear a brace every night. If I donā€™t I pay for it the next morning/day. Iā€™ve never read the New Yorker magazine, maybe if I visit a Barnes and Noble Iā€™ll see if I can find one to peek into, hehe.

2 Likes