[RR] North American July 2022 Round Robin - The Summertime Edition - Closed!

Good afternoon,

#16 @TheHassFamily reporting 8/3/22 -

@Shesa-Renegade #8 sent this gorgeous Mount Rushmore postcard. I live “close” but haven’t been since I was about 10 years old. Thank you!

xxTara

1 Like

#9 reporting received from #20 @jacieslar Thank you for the great Alice card! It has come to a great home.

I found two more cards hiding in my mail - sorry for the delay reporting!

#7 @mere5oh : fruits and flowers :sunflower: We have a really nice farm stand right by our house that sells good from local farms (and has the BEST peaches right now).

#25 @teddypostcrossing : illustrated swimmers :one_piece_swimsuit: It is so hot that the pool (and even the lakes & oceans) are bathwater. Not so refreshing!

Thank you

1 Like

#5 with my last card received for this month -

#10 @emotis sent a great snowy scene from Brussels. A refreshing site during this heat! Thank you.

#6 reporting. Sorry everyone. I had some cards stuck in a pile that I hadn’t reported.

#2 @CrimsonKing sent me a gorgeous Monet card

#5 @carolreader sent a great John Rogers Cox painting from the Cleveland Museum of Art. That painting is the most liked of all paintings that my friend and I have posted on our IG blog @ashcan_daily Lovely work!

#10 @emotis sent a great James Ensor card from Belgium with a great beer stamp too!

#11 @alcott1 sent one from Busch Gardens, a giraffe. Takes me back to my childhood

#16 @TheHassFamily sent a delightful card about moose facts! And a windmill card. I need to send you another card. Your first one got lost in a pile.

#17 @YOIYUMTEWA sent a great Youngstown College card before it was renamed Youngstown State

1 Like

#23 reporting:

#9 @ljbbauer thank you for the lanternpress card! The house prices are quite insane so I do agree with you!

#10 @emotis thank you for the GF Belgium card! Wow wish I was there right about now.

#25 @teddypostcrossing thank you for the postcards card! I haven’t made any summer plans myself but if I’m going somewhere, it’ll probably be in Autumn

#27 @beatriceh thank you for the grand teton national park! The postmark covered the place you recommended but I think it says Pequod’s? I will definitely have to go and visit!

2 Likes

Yes, Pequod’s. I was just there on a trip home last week. Delicious!

#2 reporting my last card

#10 @emotis sent a Greetings from card, thank you Erin! :smiley: How cool that you got to visit with your PC friend in Belgium and then visit France!! :smiley: I’m jealous, haha! I hope you had quite a fantastic time while out there. I bet you slept plenty when you got home. Great stamps too.

I was unaware of your blog. I have never used Instagram before, but I just signed up to look at it. Wonderful!

1 Like

Thanks! We have fun with it!

#13 with a few more July cards from:

#7 @mere5oh - Very cool card of Corkscrew Canyon in Death Valley National Park, California. I would like to see that! The western part of the U.S. has the best National Parks with the intense landscape not seen here in the East. Thank you!

#10 @emotis - It sounds like you had a marvelous time in Belgium. Buy any chocolates?! Thank you for the legends of Manneken-Pis. I was familiar with the bronze, but not the story behind it. Great card, nice stamps!

#25 @teddypostcrossing - Thank you very much for the adorable July 4th card. We spent the afternoon at our next door neighbors BBQing and swimming in their pool. It was a very relaxing day!

2 Likes

@AccentOnHakes You did not tell me that (or I don’t remember, which is more likely…). Actually, I was going to tell you about my Endoscopy/Colonoscopy I’m scheduled for in October, but forgot by the time I sat down to write the card!! :rofl:

received:
#10 @emotis great map of Belgium! Thank you!

#24 reporting

Thank you @ljbbauer for the great Lucky Strike reprint ad. Love it!

1 Like

#3 received

#19 @ellistrations a great doggie card! Great washi tape too! Thank you!

1 Like

Thanks to:#24 @ roxy: Cute coffee and brownies card. I love old vintage advertisements… its one of the reasons I can’t resist buying old magazines.

#25 reporting:

#10 @emotis Thank you for this great Winter scene from Brugge! I was excited to receive it FROM your trip to Belgium-sounds so fun! Seeing the ice skaters helps beat the heat-in the 90’s here consistently.

#15 @AccentOnHakes Thank you for your butterfly card and your story-both depicting the circle of life! The first grade story sounds like a teachable moment but also a big bummer! Hope you are enjoying your Summer!

Updated! Again, please check your cards against what I have posted here. There were many incorrect numbers given this month, which made it more challenging than normal to accurately update the received cards.

#20 @jacieslar received:

#16 @TheHassFamily Thank you for the great card from St Paul showing the Xcel Energy Center. I’ve never been to a hockey game, but I have friends from Tucson who go whenever they get the chance.

1 Like

#13 closing out the month with a card from:

#4 @jenhart - Not sure where this card went wandering, but it finally arrived! We’ve been to Niagara Falls a number of times as we have one friend from Buffalo and another from Rochester, but never on Canada Day. Enjoyed visiting Niagara-on-the-Lake and Fort George. Thank you!