[RR] North American July 2022 Round Robin - The Summertime Edition - Closed!

#5 with another card:

#7 @mere5oh sent me “Snoopy Rock”, very southwestern-looking cliffs near Sedona, Arizona, I’d love to see them in person! Thank you!

1 Like

#9 @ljbbauer reporting:

#7 @mere5oh sends this wonderful ABQ hot air balloon view. I’ve been to a couple of smaller balloon fests, but never anything like this. I would love to be there. Thank you!

#11 @alcott1 sends this colorful rock n roll card. I have been to shows that were as much fun as this looks. :grin: Thank you!

#25 @teddypostcrossing sends the definition of music. I also missed a nearby Cowboy Junkies show. I am so kicking myself!! Thank you!

1 Like

#2 reporting

#25 @teddypostcrossing sent a cute card, thank you Kristine! How was the house in Westminster? I lived in Littleton off of C-470 and Ken Caryl. The housing market out there is nuts right now! I hope you find the house you’re looking for. :slight_smile:

#7 @mere5oh one of my best. I feel your pain i would like to lounge just like her and her dog. But never get to do it with 2 kids. Yes beaches are so crowded these days. Thank you. What series of cards are these from ?

#23 @suatelier a wonderful city scenery with a full moon so many colors here. Do you all have fire works in Canada? Thank you.

#25 @teddypostcrossing a magical card with a girl wishing on stars. I like your member name stamper with the dog. Thank you.

2 Likes

Actually, I have no idea where these cards came form originally. I got a bunch of my cards from an estate sale a few years back. But it reminds me of those old Shoebox/Hallmark cards with the snarky lady!

#10 received:

#1 @cawindt I am thinking the Channel Islands Nat’l Park will be one of the last ones I visit. And agree with you re the Supreme Court… lots to process.

#2 @CrimsonKing lovely Maryland LP card. Yep… this is one of the hotter summers I remember!

#3 @Cruzin Lou Paper Massachusetts! I am heading to Mass this week…. Looking forward to seeing my daughter and spending some time on the shore!

#4 @jenhart Pretty Niagara Falls. And while I’m not a Browns fan since I’m in Ohio I’ve seen the Baker Mayfield ads and he’s super likable.

#5 @carolreader Funny coffee card— the Four Horseman of the Apocalypse take a Cappuccino Break.

#6 @mikeyz1 Bigfoot LP card. And I’m sorry Villette has to be a part of a fight that was already won. (ugh)

#7 @mere5oh Cute Tupperware card. Hope you had a fun road trip! We go on our road trip this week. A chance to stock up on more cards while seeing the US.

#8 @Shesa-Renegade Ranger Doug Yellowstone card! And I love the Passport stamps!

#9 @ljbbauer Fun LP octopus mosaic. Football season can’t come soon enough!!

#11 @alcott1 The beautiful Mackinac Bridge. One of my favorite places in the world!

#12 @Yarn-Lady Viennese Coffee. I do enjoy whipped cream in my coffee.

#13 @ladybug513 Lou Paper 4th of July card. And any day of not having to cook is a perfect day!

#14 @dnrhott Redwing Blackbird nest. We have cardinals nesting in our backyard

#15 @AccentOnHakes Brave concept art. I also haven’t seen Brave very much….

#16 @TheHassFamily Lovely autumn leaves. With these temps I am feeling ready for autumn!

#17 @YOIYUMTEWA A Virginia Woolf cover of a Room of One’s Own. I remember reading this in college. I’m sure I still have my copy somewhere!

#18 @LaurenceB Toronto LP card. We are heading to Boston and then looping through Canada on our way back. I love Toronto!

#19 @ellistrations Mesa Verde LP card. I visited there once and LOVED it.

#20 @jacieslar Delicious coffee. Agreed…. This is a daily requirement!

#21 @beachyblonde Chattanooga LP card. Cute card!

#22 @uconn Epcot United Kingdom card. This is from when it was known as Epcot Center…which was my favorite time.

#23 @suatelier Sketch of Pluto from a Disney boxset. I spent my 4th of July in Belgium so no celebrations. But I was in France for Bastille Day…so celebrated a little then.

#25 @teddypostcrossing fun, colorful card of postboxes!

#26 @sarahaeyo a Kittiwake card! Funny Boston Parking Ticket card. Ive never had a parking ticket in Boston, but more than one speeding ticket on 95!

#27 @beatriceh Happiness is Getting Your Acceptance Letter to Hogwarts… YES!!!

#28 @TwoDoggies Hagrid and Fang card. And we were in Belgium at the same time! I hope your cruise was wonderful!!!

#29 @melvnoble Pittsburgh at night. I think fireworks over water are the prettiest

#30 @RockyRoadTrip Marilyn. Ugh. The whole Kardashian thing was a trainwreck!

My thanks to everyone for the awesome cards!!!

Still waiting to receive: 24

8 Likes

#6 reporting

#4 @jenhart sent an Appomattox Court House card. Great aerial view!

#28 @TwoDoggies sent a wonderful painting from the Bennington Museum!

#30 @RockyRoadTrip sent a utopian creed card. Here’s to hoping!

9 @ljbbauer - Beautiful card of the South Have Light and Pier at Sunset - so pretty! Great Onion Rings are a reason to visit!!
25 @teddypostcrossing - Very cute Fourth of July card! Thank you! Heading in to a major heat wave starting today - ugh.
30 - Jupiter Inlet Lighthouse poster - This could almost lure me to Florida!

3 Likes

18 reporting

4 @jenhart sent an awesome Lantern Press card for my camper van challenge! Thank you so much! You got to celebrate 2 national holidays, Canada and then US a few days later :upside_down_face::upside_down_face: I hate crowds!!

21 @Beachyblonde sent another Lantern Press of the Chincoteague ponies!! My husband and I also disagree about wild horses as a vacation activity/destination haha! Really gotta organize a Postcrossing/wild horses meetup (cc @ellistrations) :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Thank you both so much!!! :green_heart::green_heart:

1 Like

Many thanks for the great cards sent this month! I appreciate all the thoughtful messages, stickers, and stamps!

#1 @cawindt Thank you for this jack rabbit in Death Valley National Park. I really like the way you coordinated the colors and the theme in the stamps you chose! You sound like you have been enjoying a beyond amazing Summer of travel! I feel I bit “jellie,” as my son would say! Happy Travels!

#2 @CrimsonKing Thank you for the card from the Chattanooga Zoo with a pretty peacock for my collection. The Avs win was certainly great! Hope you are enjoying your Summer!

#3 @cruzin This fox painting by Regina Martisiene is SO sweet! It is made complete with butterflies and wildflowers-perfect! I did really well on my book goal for 2021 and I have been behind this year! Hope you make your goal of 200 books! Thanks for the cute card!

#4 @jenhart Thank you for the Sanibel Island pelicans! I, too am looking forward to a bit cooler weather. My plants are frying! Hope you get to go to Florida some cooler day soon!

#5 @carolreader Thank you for this lovely portrait of a woman card, by Amedeo Modigliani. I am finding I am learning so much art history through art cards! I like to dress up on occasion, but being a preschool teacher usually means wearing my “play clothes!” Too much paint and glue and sand to contend with!

#6 @mikeyz1 This is such an interesting “capture” of working in a flax barn. I wonder what the conditions were! My mom recently told me that her grandmother cleaned lace curtains and table cloths, as a job. She had racks where she would dry them. We no longer have those priorities in our households! Thank you for this piece by Mac Lieberman!

#7 @mere5oh Thanks very much for the great ristras card. We do see them occasionally, but I think they come from NM. Also, in my family, we pick them up when we visit. They are so cheery! Glad to hear you had a fun road trip!

#8 @Shesa-Renegade Thank you for this card from the Grizzly and Wolf Discovery Center. The little owl is so cute! 1 day delay into Yellowstone doesn’t sound too bad and you found interesting things to do, it appears! I love the stamps you included, especially the butterfly one!

#9 @ljbbauer Thanks for the fun Alice In Wonderland card with the inspirational quote. I try to be optimistic, as well! Things have got to become a bit better!

#11 @alcott1 Thank you for the black and white photo card from Parks Air College. I love how the couple on the card look so enthralled with aviation! I used to volunteer at a WWll aviation museum and the stories of the women pilots ferrying planes in the US are so interesting!

#12 @Yarn-Lady Thank you for this cozy fox card from my favorites! I love his sweater! My son went to college in Portland and we enjoyed visiting him there. I need to see the Cascade Mountains next!

#13 @ladybug513 Yeah! Thank you for this Lou Paper wildflower card from my favorites! Hope your travels to the Jersey Shore have been amazing! Hopefully you took lots of photos-getting 14 people in one place is quite a feat! Thanks again!

#16 @TheHassFamily Thank you for the beachy sunset card! It looks so calming! I think I prefer the beach, but the mountains are beautiful, too! We are going to a mountain wedding in a couple of weeks.

#17 @YOIYUMTEWA Thanks for this “hometown boy” black and white photo of Bill Clinton. It is interesting to see him right in the middle of the party! I read that about him-he loved to talk and talk to people on the campaign trail and Hillary was ready to move on. I can believe that!

#18 @LaurenceB Thank you for your attempts at cooling me down with a Wintery snowman card! I truly need a break from the heat-we hit triple digits in the last 2 weeks. Thank also for the “chill” stickers and stamps! I think looking at this IS really helping me cool down! lol

#19 @ellistrations What a great baby animal card! So cute! I love your baby flamingo story! Gorillas are fascinating to me. I once took a teaching course on using zoos in education and the teacher loved to study the gorillas at the Denver Zoo. Thank you!

#20 @jacieslar Oooh! Pretty purple daisies! Hope you are having safe and fun travels! I have never heard “boondocking” used in that way before! I love how we have regional jargon! I know mine tends to be quite Western. Great “find the good” sticker! I try! Thank you!

#21 @Beachyblonde I love this Sandra Vargas card! I had one once that I sent, and now I love that I have one in my collection! Thank you!

#22 @uconn Thank you for this vintage reprint of Thunderbird Ranch and the wildflowers. I love these kind of panoramic cards! Hope you are having an enjoyable Summer!

#23 @roxy I wanna be a mermaid! Fun card! I used to live in a town in WA that had mermaid days, where people sat around on beach rocks in mermaid costumes. So fun… and odd! Thank you!

#26 @sarahaeyo Children’s art is one of my most favorite things. I love working with kids around art and this card is SO great! I love the monster stamp that accompanied the card, too! Thanks for the card and your translation!

#27 @beatriceh Fun college story! So did you like the pie you tried?! Thank you for the 3 bunnies card! When I was in college I had a teacup rabbit named Pinkerton.

#28 @TwoDoggies What a great card of a western wear shop! All those boots along the wall are perfect! In Colorado, we do still have some western stores around and I think the Urban Cowboy look is making a comeback! Thank you!

#29 @melvnoble Thanks for the covid mask card. This is a great one for the collections! I went to a play last weekend and I noticed a good number of people wearing masks again.

#30 @RockyRoadTrip Thanks for the great political card-Ding Dong is really one of the kinder names he could be called!! Looks like his last couple of rallies had mixed reviews-maybe there is a crack beginning to show among his followers. I love the description on the back, “no relation to Rama, Lama, Ding, Dong!”

7 Likes

I did like the pie I tried, it was key lime. I’m skeptical about trying others though. I think I’m a cake girl :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

#19 ellistrations received

#11 @alcott1 - thank you! How fun to be a part of the parade!

#25 reporting another card, which arrived today:

#23 @suatelier Thank you for this beautiful Maud Lewis artwork card. The colors are lovely and the whimsy is so fun. I will definitely need to see some more of her work!

#17 reports the following cool cards

#6 @mikeyz1 Sunset at Indiana Dunes National Park. Great setting. Hope your trip to the kids’ museum was a hit. I love kids museums, and haven’t been one for many years. (A kid OR a museum…haha). Neat vintage stamps.

#10 @emotis Tower of Our Lady in Antwerpen, Belgium. Great setting. The stamps didn’t get postmarked. I like it when that happens. Sounds like your trip will be a memorable. Did your son leave any shrimp for anyone else?

#24 Reporting.

Back from a little road trip and lots of fantastic cards waiting for me!

#3 @cruzin sent a Lantern Press poster of the Smokey the Bear / Great Smoky Mountains

#4 @jenhart sent a beautiful b/w card of Niagara Falls (the American Falls). Which do you prefer - the Canadian Falls or the American Falls?

#6 @mikeyz1 sent a great Atlantic City Crillon Motel postcard. Looks like this was quite the place back in the day!

#8 @shesa-renegade sent a fabulous LP Yellowstone National Park card with a VW camper van!

#11 @alcott1 sent a lovely b/w card of the Original Springs Hotel and Bath House established in 1867 and located in Okawville, Illinois. The last operating natural mineral spa in the state.

#12 @Yarn-Lady sent a fun couch potato postcard. So adorable!

#14 @dnrhott sent irises in Monet’s garden - so pretty!

#15 @accentonhakes sent a great Wyoming card of a shack “just one ore payment. And it’s mine!” I love these types of cards. So silly!

#19 @ellistrations sent a potato postcard! Another new one for my potato collection!

#21 @Beachyblonde sent a. great new VW Beetle illustration for my collection!!

#22 @uconn sent a great vintage reprint card of the Palm Springs Hotel in Palm Springs, CA. Love it!

#23 @suatelier sent a beautiful front door card - the front door of artist Maud Lewis’ home.

#27 @beatriceh sent a most awesome card for The Clown Motel office. The stuff nightmares are made of! :slight_smile:

#28 @TwoDoggies sent a beautiful VW Beetle illustration

#29 @melvnoble sent a card featuring the Soldiers Monument in the River Side Cemetery in Poland, Ohio

#30 @RockyRoadTrip sent a fun card for Green Acres in Lake George, NY. Green Acres is the place to be! Farm living is the life for me! Thanks for this little gem, dahling! :slight_smile:

6 Likes

#28 reports cards received:

#3 @Cruzin beautiful birds.

#4 @JenHart Niagara Falls It’s funny you mentioned not liking shredded meat/BBQ. I once was eating lunch at a BBQ place by myself and was reading an article about hyenas and how they crack the bones and eat the meat. I completely lost my desire to ever return to that restaurant and swore off BBQ for quite a while.

#7 @mere5oh a Kawaii bunny. It was a good cruise.

#8 @Shesa-Renegade view card of Salt Lake City. I’m hungry for Pastrami!

#11 @alcott1 black & white photo of airstream trailers trying to traverse a river in Oaxaca, Mexico 1957. I agree about looking for a Holiday Inn! No camping for me.

#12 @Yarn-Lady Oregon card. A nice colorful card from my favorites!

#14 @dnrhott Van Gogh sunflowers. I love fresh flowers.

#20 @jacieslar Christopher Arndt coffee art I had a great 4th of July weekend (which seems so long ago now).

#21 @Beachyblonde Jim Gray’s Petrified Wood, Holbrook, Arizona. They used to sell small pieces of petrified wood at gift shops.

#23 @suatelier book card from the Bibliophile postcards boxed set. I do like mango and so does my bird!

#24 @roxy Old Steam Engine in North Bay, Ontario. I just got back from my big vacation!

#25 @teddypostcrossing a 4th of July gnome. We’ve had rain and thunderstorms the last 2 days.

#26 @sarahaeyo a pie chart of the senses. Common sense should be the largest but isn’t always.

#27 @beatriceh spy card from the International Spy Museum in DC.

#29 @melvnoble nostalgia. Did you buy anything at the art fair?

#30 @RockyRoadTrip black and white photo of 3 guys on Brighton, circa 1977.
There’s been a lifeguard shortage for many years. The slack had always been filled by teens who came over from other countries for the summer like Serbia & Croatia. Covid ended that program. I imagine it’s back on again (I’m retired so I don’t know the status now), but American teens in general are not finding those jobs attractive. A lot depends on the pay of course.

7 Likes

Good afternoon, NARR members!

I wish to apologize for my oversight. Somehow I ended up neglecting the following members:

@TheHassFamily
To Send: 6, 11, 19, 20

These postcards are addressed, stamped, and ready to be dropped off in the outgoing mail. I am heading to Target after work and will find a postbox while I’m out.

Again, I apologize for the significant delay on this.

xx Tara

#23 reporting:

Thank you to #4 @jenhart for the lantern press postcard! I hope you enjoyed your time at Niagara Falls! I’ve been meaning to take a quick half day trip there this summer but haven’t decided when I’d go yet

#6 reporting
#26 @sarahaeyo sent an awesome card from the Isabella Gardner Museum. I visited there a few years ago and it’s so sad about those missing paintings. I need to watch the Netflix story.

#27 @beatriceh sent an awesome Caravaggio painting card. And thanks for writing about your job! It sounds fascinating.

2 Likes

#5 reporting:

#25 @teddypostcrossing sent a cute design showing multiple images of swimmers. I know swimming is supposed to be the “best” exercise, but I have trouble making myself do it. Actually, it’s been about five years! Thanks for the great card.

1 Like