[RR] North American July 2021 Round Robin - Celebrating Canada & the US Edition - Addresses Sent

All of my cards were dropped off at the post office this morning :smile:

#21 Beachyblonde
I have sent off a few cards (marked off below) and I received one card already!

Thank you #18 @theosprey247 for the awesome Lou Paper Stars and Stripes postcard! Itā€™s so great and perfect timing (duh!) Happy 4th of July, enjoy the fireworks!!

To Send: 1, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 18, 19, 20, 22, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 30
To Receive: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19, 20, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30

#8 Shesa-Renegade here. Half of my cards headed out in the mail today. The other half have been written and will be out on Tuesday. YAY!!

#25 jocrafts: All of mine are in the mail now! :slight_smile:

#19 ellistrations received

#18 @theosprey247 - Princess Mononoke, thank you! I need to watch them all again. Iā€™m sure there are many details Iā€™ve forgotten over the years.

#18 @theosprey247 got my 1st card a fact card on Ca thanksā€¦ Didnā€™t you all have earthquake today and mondayā€¦? the earth is so alive.

July NARR Report #1

Rocky Road Trip #30

First card of the month to report:

#18 @theosprey247: sent a gorgeous shot of the Fort Gratiot Lighthouse in Port Huron, MI. Very cool one because itā€™s the oldest operating lighthouse in the Great Lakes and the first lighthouse on Lake Huron. Lately, Iā€™ve been attending lighthouse society Zoom presentations that recap lighthouse tours from around the world. Great stuff. Thanks for this terrific card.

I have sent out a handful of cards but still have a majority to do.

You can view this card HEREā€¦

Rocky Road Trip #30

#8 Shesa-Renegade received my first card this month!

#18 @theosprey247 sent a fabulous Lou Paper card of Hawaii! I want to go back to Hawaii so badly now that Iā€™m a geologist. I hope that youā€™re having a fabulous time!

To Receive: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30

Received: 18

Mailing Tomorrow: 1,3,4,7,10,12,14,16,20,23,30

To Send: 17, 19, 22, 25, 27
To Receive: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30

#19 ellistrations
ALL cards are ready to go out tomorrow!
I hope yā€™all like them, I really tried to find the best for each of youā€¦ Haha!

Two great cards have arrived already this month. Thank you to:

#6 @mikeyz1 for the fabulous RBG card. Yeah, not a fan of Justice Barrett myself. Great stamps, as always. I was just reading about Truman (one of the stamps that you used) and the civil rights movement just before doing this report. I actually learned quite a few things that he did that I had never heard of before. Though he started fairly moderate on racial issues in the early 40s, while still in Congress, the changing dynamics of global politics (i.e. the Cold War) really forced him to move forward in his own thinking in order to lead the nation forward to truly be a positive example to the rest of the world.

#18 @theosprey247 for the cool card of the M33 galaxy. My city also puts on a huge display for the 4th. From my house, you can only see the ones that are highest in the sky just barely above the trees. But weā€™re just a blocks from the river where they are shot off, so when we are in town, we typically walk down there early in the day and set up camp. Love the vintage stamps!

1 Like

#17: All cards written and will start their journeys tomorrow (July 6).

My remaining cards will mail today!
17, 19, 22, 25, 27

SENT ALL
To Receive: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30

To Send: 8, 13, 16 - all others mailed 7/6/21
To Receive: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 28, 29, 30

Thank you #18 @theosprey247, Javier, for the pretty print by Klimt.

#5 - cards have begun to arrive:

#1 @cawindt ā€“ last time I visited the Henry Ford Museum was ā€“ uhh - maybe more than 55 years ago? I know ā€“ how can that be? Time to go again. Thanks for the great card!

#4 @johnbradleytlh ā€“ a portrait of Jesse James, and a plug for the Jesse James Bank Museum in Liberty, MO. A great suggestion! I really like this card, part of the ā€œOld West Collectors Seriesā€ Thanks!

#9 @mere5oh ā€“ a card from my favorites, the logo of ā€œLos Pollos Hermanosā€ of ā€œBreaking Badā€ fame. Makes me want some fried chicken! Thanks for the wonderfully colorful card.

#18 @theosprey247 ā€“ a ā€œ59 Parksā€ card from the Saguaro National Park. Nice card! Thank you! I have not been to most of the national parks out west ā€“ which means I havenā€™t been to very many national parks! Only Yosemite, in 1978. A have a friend who wants to go out and see them, so maybe a trip is in the future.

#22 @uconn ā€“ what a great historical card! Itā€™s from the ā€œIrelandā€™s Great Hunger Museumā€. I think thereā€™s a museum for everything. But history is fascinating. Thank you!

#25 @jocrafts ā€“ a ā€œpunnyā€ postcard, with your usual gorgeous salutation and decorations on the back. Thanks! I wish I had that kind of visual style.

#28 @sleepyhippo1 - A colorful vintage (1970) card from the ā€œWorldā€™s Only Corn Palaceā€. Eye-popping color (for a building). I think Iā€™ve seen pictures of postcards from here but have never received one. Nice card ā€“ thank you!

3 Likes

#4 @johnbradleytlh Great LP Montage card from St. Augustine, FL! There seems to be a few cities who say they are the nationā€™s oldest! Thank you!
#5 @carolreader The card in my favs is definitely gorgeous. If anything, I can admire it on my favs wall! I also really like this autumn card youā€™ve sent to me. I would love to walk that trail some day, especially in Autumn! Thank you!
#7 @treeclimber Centennial flag. Thank you!
#8 @Shesa-Renegade Funny that you sent me this card (for monthly them HOT)ā€¦my kids and I just visited Craters of the Moon NM last month. I love that place! Itā€™s so wild!! My kids and I hiked up Inferno Cove and the views were just amazing! Thank you! Oh and, I donā€™t have any idea what the original phrases were!
#18 @theosprey247 Messiers 81 & 82 - Stars - for my monthly theme July HOT! Itā€™s pretty hot here, too, in the desert. Thank you!
#22 @uconn For monthly theme HOT - Vintage Marvel comics, The Human Torch! Thank you!
#26 @alcott1 Elsah Village Hall, a small, quiet town in Illinois. Thank you!
#28 @sleepyhippo1 Hot air balloons flying over Branson, MO. Yes, Iā€™ve ridden in a hot air balloon several times! Though I enjoy flying, I prefer crewing for them. Thank you!

To Receive: 1, 2, 3, 6, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19, 20, 21, 23, 24, 25, 27, 29, 30

2 Likes

#4 @johnbradleytlh a lovely St. Augustine Florida LP postcard. Itā€™s fun to me (and seems a bit random), but Iā€™ve received more St. Augustine postcards than another other city in the U.S. :stuck_out_tongue: This one is new to me, though, and I havenā€™t seen some of these perspectives before.

#5 @carolreader a GREAT shoe card! :slight_smile: Teehee. I do love living in my comfortable shoes, though.

#18 @theosprey247 a lovely view of the Antennae Galaxies. Are yā€™all planning on going to the astrometry camp again? What a fun camp, it sounds like it.

#22 @uconn a good inspirational quote. I wish I could live that close to my parentsā€“so convenient!

#26 @alcott1 My hubby did the Great River Road, but I never did it! I should have, and I think I might go back just to do so. Iā€™ve heard how beautiful it is in the fall. Also, what a fun Yogi Berra stamp :slight_smile:

Thank yā€™all!

1 Like

Hello! #23 reporting in :
Iā€™ve sent 4, 22, 26

Received #5 Thank you, neat vintage stamps; and thatā€™s the coolest pirate cat ever! Even has a ā€˜parrotā€™ of sorts, love it

#21 Thank you- I donā€™t have this Lou Paper yet and itā€™s probably my favorite ( althoughā€¦ Donuts is up there too haha) she does a nice drawing of columbine

#cawindt Thank you and thanks for organizing! cool vintage stamps, the weather has been chilly here, Iā€™ve been turning on the furnace and itā€™s July! Ack.

#4- Thank you: itty bitty turtle of cuteness, hope your summer rocks too!

#7 -Thank you: How perfect for Fourth of July! My first American flag postcard! Hope you had a Happy Fourth!

#22- Thank you: yesssss, cat postcard! Say Hi to Igor !

1 Like

Wow! I am truly surprised that my card arrived so quickly! I dropped the cards off at the small post office at the beach after the last pick up on Saturday. I was thinking with the holiday weekend, it would be well toward the end of this week before any arrived to their destinations. And it really is a great museum. You do need to go!

1 Like

#17 reporting. It was a jackpot day with 7 cards delivered today! :clap:t2:

#1 @cawindt: I sure hope the heatwave is not as intense or continuous as what we had here in Western WA (although it was not as hot as in British Columbia.) Thanks for the summery tea still life!

#4 @johnbradleytlh: A Lantern Press Card from Seattle, WA. :face_with_monocle: Itā€™s crossed the country more than once! When I was teaching, a few students knew about St. Augustine, but more thought Plymouth was the oldest city (with Roanoke coming in a close second.) Itā€™s lovely.

#5 @carolreader: Sometimes I feel like a Giant Tortoise! :rofl::rofl: After spending a day with the grandkids, reading/writing postcards is about all I can do! Sweet 16?! It wonā€™t be long before mine are at that stageā€¦

#7 @treeclimber: The flowers look real! I had to read the description ā€œCrepe paper flower flag, circa 1950ā€ a couple of times. What a labor of love. :wink:

#21 @Beachyblonde: We had our daughter & her family over for a cook-out and went bike riding in the empty high school parking lot (mostly to give the kids more practice turning and braking.) It was a gorgeous day! Hope you had a decent burger. :wink:

#22 @UConn: Dogs are special! Our Brittany, Avis, was a extra lucky dog! She was a ā€œshop dogā€ because she went to work with my husband every day! :grinning:

#26 @alcott1: Weā€™ve traveled along the northern section along MN & WI. It was a gorgeous day and no rain in the forecast. We could use some rain after last weekā€™s heatwave! :hot_face:

1 Like