[RR] North American January 2022 Round Robin - The "Let's Hope This Is Not '2020, Too'" Edition - Closed

#22 uconn

Mailing 1 - 10 today

Update from #26

All of my cards have been mailed. Yeah!

Received #2 and #9

#2 @CrimsonKing. Loved the card from the American Museum of Natural History. Thanks!

#9 @scoutingbear. Great Fun Facts card! Even a former teacher can learn something new. Thank you!

2 Likes

#18 @teddypostcrossing

All cards have been written and will go out in tomorrow morningā€™s mail!

#19 ellistrations received

#2 @CrimsonKing - Dungeon Master with a key, thank you! Haha, this card isnā€™t too spooky for me, so weā€™re good!

#9 @scoutingbear - kid created Mickey beach scene, thank you! I love the card, Iā€™d say itā€™s well done, especially with the surfboard and the shark! :blush: I love the jaguar, must be a tropical cat.

#15 @AccentOnHakes - angry bird, of sorts, thank you! Haha, I can picture these guys shouting the words as they are launched like the Angry Birds. The smallest animals do seem to have the loudest personalities, they also seem to be fearless in times they should just run, haha!

3 Likes

All of my cards have been mailed!

#27 - Happy Mail Report

#2 @CrimsonKing My daughters were so excited to see the adorable koala on the postcard you sentā€”thank you!

#19 @ellistrations I was just admiring some Big Foot postcards online a few days ago, so I was so quite happy to see that I am now the proud owner of oneā€”thank you! I also loved your Wisconsin stamp.

3 Likes

My first card for this group arrived today.

#9 @scoutingbear - the fairy lantern, or globe lily, native to the southern 2/3 of California. (I have an excuse for not recognizing it!) I do appreciate wildflowers. Thanks from #16.

1 Like

Mailed out 18 cards so far.

#29 - My first postcard has arrived!

#2 @CrimsonKing - Thank you for the Route 66 postcard! Iā€™ve never been there either. I have watched documentaries about it, and the interstate that killed it. Would be fun to go someday!

See all the postcards for this RR here!

1 Like

#28 reports cards #9-#13 mailed out 1/4 and cards #14-#19 mailed out today.

#22 uconn

All cards now mailed

#2 @CrimsonKing thanks for the Star Wars card. I had some Cleveland Whiskey, Christmas bourbon this year. Not bad.

#9 @scoutingbear great 3D ostrich card! Thanks

2 Likes

#6 all are in the mail as of today or earlier

#5 @carolreader sent a great cowboy card from the Tustin Hills Citrus Association. Funny and cool!

#2 received from:

#15 @AccentOnHakes sent the ā€œThe Tower Bridge, London.ā€ Thank you Karen! I couldnā€™t imagine driving one hour each way to and from work. Iā€™m glad itā€™s providing housing for you, I only like packing when going on a vacation, lol. Hope you enjoyed your break! :smiley:

#10 emotis received:

#2 @CrimsonKing Love this Alaska LP cardā€¦ and such cute stickers too (the otter!!)
#9 @scoutingbear Cornish pixies colorable card. Iā€™m all for lounging around and drinking tea.
#19 @ellistrations Beautiful Heleakala National Park cardā€¦and super cute turtley awesome sticker.

Thanks everyone!!

To Send: 2, 4, 5, 7, 8, 9, 13,
To Receive: 1, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30

2 Likes

Thank you for my first card of the month to:

#9 @scoutingbear Thank you for this ā€œheartyā€ Andy Warhol Valentineā€™s Day card. Sorry to hear of your plans being cancelled. I think normalcy helps people cope, yet nothing is normal lately! We managed to get away for a bit at Christmas and I cannot believe how restorative it was. New sights and sounds really helps the outlook! Happy 2022 to you!

1 Like

#28 reports:

Cards #20-#30 will be in the mail on 1/6.

Iā€™m glad you like it. I made my partner go back in the store and buy me several when she showed it to me. I hadnā€™t seen one like that before with two completely different images!

UPDATE for #21 @Beachyblonde

Iā€™ve sent more postcards so this is what I have left to send:
To Send: 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 9, 11, 12, 15

#9 @scoutingbear reporting

#15 @AccentOnHakes sends a monarch butterfly. We have a few groves north of us where the monarchs use as a stopping point during migration. The trees are filled with butterflies.

#19 @ellistrations sends an ice skater with snow in the background at Yosemite

1 Like

#13 - All of my cards have been mailed despite our post office closing at 3:00 p.m. due to a staffing shortage! I tried yesterday and had to go back today.