[RR] North American February 2023 Round Robin - The My Heart Beats for Postcards Edition - Closed!

#28 reporting:

#6 @mikeyz1 a street art card showing a robot drawn around a couple of valves imbedded in the sidewalk. Very clever (and a heart).

#10 @emotis Lantern Press Mardi Gras. I think it’s funny there are king cakes being sold in the store in Ohio. I guess I just think of that exclusively as a NOL tradition. We don’t have any in the stores in Virginia.

#20 @Triol a sleepy Ground Hog waiting for Feb. 2nd. Did he see his shadow this year? I don’t recall. We are getting buds on our flowering trees and bulbs are coming out of the ground already. Way too early.

1 Like

#24 reporting:

#2 @crimsonking sent a hilarious Mother’s Day e-Card

#3 @cruzin sent a unique illustration by Arnoldas Dilnikas. Kinda Valentine’s Day, kinda punky. I hope you get your printer woes settled. I don’t think I could live without that little gadget now!

#4 @jenhart sent a fun card featuring all sorts of crafting supplies and a cute little knitting octopus

#14 @dnrhott sent a beautiful view card of the Race Rocks Lighthouse in BC

#25 @HarleyGirl73 sent a card showcasing the great roadside attraction of the giant honeybee in Falher Alberta

#27 @beatriceh sent a cute Galentine’s illustration. We went out for our traditional heart shaped pizza but that’s about all we do

5 Likes

@emotis #10 Indianapolis card! Hooray! Thank you Erin :slight_smile:
@Triol #20 Fun card from the West Indies. Hope it was a fun vacation!

@sunshein that was printed on the cards by the designer when I purchased them. I think you can buy a rubber stamp that is sort of the same thing from papersisters.de

@Cruzin #3 Cute card of a bear and a rabbit sharing tea. I haven’t been bowling in a long time, either. I’ve never been good at it.

1 Like

Updates here!

#9 has sent through #15

I have also received:

#7 @CStar9 - OMG! A coqui! I’m going to laminate this card and hang it by my desk in my Spanish classroom. I loved how you did this in honor of your abuelo. He would be proud!

#22 @uconn - Great “Americans” postcard that represents ALL of us! Thanks for this! I’ve never been to the New Britain Museum of American Art. Sounds like a road trip the Volvo needs to make!

2 Likes

#9 updating again! Received…

#4 @jenhart - OMG This is totally my cats! Love this reading / cat card - complete with bling! Whenever I read my cat, Koda, seems to want to read as well! ^…^

#6 @mikeyz1 - Your cards and stamps never disappoint! This “Convention of Beauty Culturists” deserves a short story! Stamps - wow!

#15 @AccentOnHakes - Oooh! I agree - the artist did a great job on this piece. I would spill the grapes ASAP! Cool stamps!

#27 @beatriceh - Love this Galentine’s Day card! We had about 5" of snow yesterday. More is rumored to be on the way.

Thanks to all!

2 Likes

Super fun cards received today from @emotis (#10) and @Triol (#20).

Olga - hi, it’s nice to meet you, too! I love this Harry Potter card - thank you so much for sending me a favorite from my wall!!! P.S. Back in the 1970s, my wife had a piano teacher named Olga (in Connecticut) whom she ADORED. I’m sure your students feel the same way about you. It’s such a special thing to be able to bring music into people’s lives.

Erin, I always love sending LouPaper but I haven’t received many so this was extra special. And those stamps were super cool!!! I didn’t care who won the Superbowl, either… hope you enjoyed the snacks, though! Thank you for the fun. Take care : )

2 Likes

#23 reporting

#6 @mikeyz1 thank you for the Lantern Press card! Oddly enough, specially all of the LP cards coming in today are half bent. Maybe USPS machines hate them :man_shrugging: Yeah, it has been oddly warm in February but today it dropped right back down to -17*C and I’m just over it!

#29 @melvnoble thank you for the Women Who Dared card for Black History Month! I herd of Harriet Tubman before back in school. The Underground Railroad was definitely a fascinating read. First time receiving a card with a vertical machine cancel!

1 Like

#4 has one more great card to report:

#20 @Triol : I love this illustrated pasta salad card. I loooove pasta. The trick is to watch my portion size so I can eat it as often as I crave it!

Thank you

Oh, My - I knew time has passed, but 23! The world ahead!!!

1 Like

4 @jenhart - Great card of Thomas Point Shoal Lighthouse I can’t imagine good crab cakes outside of Maryland - I’ve had little luck with that!

14 @dnrhott - Washington DC card that made me laugh!!! I have seen the cherry blossoms, too - so beautiful!

24 @roxy - Cape Cod Lighthouses - what a group of lovelies!!! and great stamps!

29 @melvnoble - Chaplain George W Prioleau and family - the chaplain of the Buffalo Soldiers. Fascinating history of that unit. I love the stories from the unit…

Thank you all for this great group of cards!!!

Waiting for 9 - 20- 25

1 Like

February 2023 NARR

Report 5 from: Rocky Road Trip #30

A couple more Feb. cards to report.

#20 @Triol: sent a colorful multi-view of people celebrating during the annual Carnival on the island nation of Curacao. Willemstad has become one of my favorite port stops in the Caribbean. So cute and colorful - with unique features like the floating bridge that crosses into the commercial area. Nice. Thanks!

#29 @MelVnoble: (that radical!) sent me a shot of three vintage Black Panther-related buttons… including one calling for the release of Huey Newton, the militant group’s leader who fatally shot a police officer, allegedly in self-defense. Now we’re BOTH going on a watch list! :blush: Thanks!

You can view all these February postcards HERE.

All my outgoing Feb cards have been mailed.

Just missing 9 and 25.

Rocky Road Trip #30

2 Likes

#22 uconn

#27 @beatriceh I like images with a face illusion. This one is creepy, I’d agree. Thanks!

3 Likes

#9 volvomom has sent all her cards. Thanks for your patience! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

#20 @Triol thanks for the Southern Pecan Pie never had this pie.

#2 reporting

#25 @HarleyGirl73 sent Canadian food, yum, thank you Sara Lynn! :yum: I would have everything on this card except the coffee, I don’t like coffee, haha.

2 Likes

#8 Shesa-Renegade with a wonderful received Valentine card from #9 @volvomom. I hope that you’ve been able to get everything situated with the pipes. I was worried when I went away at the holidays about mine. Extreme cold weather is no joke!

Received: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 26, 28, 29, 30
Excited for: 24, 25, 27

Thank you to #3 @Cruzin for the wonderful card from the Botanical Cats series, “Rowan.” Great stamps! I used to play Canasta with some of my cousins years ago. I’ve wanted to pick it back up, i.e. re-learn it, but I would have no one to play it with!

1 Like

#24 reporting more received cards:

#6 @mikeyz1 sent a great NYC photo of beautiful buildings with lots of windows

#20 @triol added a new card to my knitting collection with a lovely illustration of various knitting and sewing supplies

#26 @melvnoble sent a card featuring Sergeant Major Spotswood W. Taliaferro and his wife

Thank you for the lovely cards and messages. Much appreciated!