[RR] North American February 2022 Round Robin - Who Loves Postcards Edition - Closed

Found a few in a cookware shop in New Orleans! Nice recipe cards, too!

All Cards were sent out #14 reports

#26 All cards are in the mail!

#4 @jenhart has received my first cards:

#13 @ladybug513 : beautiful beach scene. I love Cape May (I donā€™t know how I feel about the snow part though!)

#15 @AccentOnHakes : a night view of the Indiana state capital. And I do go by Jen!

#19 @ellistrations : polka dot dress on a bike. I didnā€™t notice the woman in the back until I read your message!

Thank you :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Update #1 complete!

#12 NittanyLionRI received 3 great cards today. Thank you all :blush:

#11 @Daniellenharris91 sent acute Harry Potter card. Your wedding sounds awesome. Iā€™m a Gryffindor :lion:

#23 @suatelier sent the Dalmatian Pelican to add to my Wild Animals of the World collection. Happy New Year!!

#28 @TwoDoggies sent a cute Valentineā€™s Day Card :two_hearts:

2 Likes

Five (!) more cards arrived today. Thank you:

#7 @alcott1 for the beautiful view of the University of Illinois. Iā€™m sure it looks amazing in the spring.

#13 @ladybug513 for the great card of the Christopher Gallagher House in Cape May, NJ. Love the cat sticker & stamps.

#15 @AccentOnHakes for the awesome round barn card. In fact, my great uncle was a Perdue grad. He went on to work for NASA and was the chief engineer of the Black Hawk helicopter :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

#19 @ellistrations for the fabulous cat card, stickers and stamps. I hate returning things to stores!

#27 @Avery_Ellis for the wonderful rendering of the Guggenheim Museum. I havenā€™t been there, to tell the truth. Iā€™ve only been to NYC a couple times in my life, and just havenā€™t made it there yet.

Thanks everyone!

2 Likes

#2 @CrimsonKing A view of Bryce Canyon very interesting liking the owl felt sticker. Hoo hoo. Thank you :blush:

#5 @carolreader the south Porch At stan garden in Ohio. Thank you. I remember I used to visit the Queen Botanical garden nice memories.

#11 @Daniellenharris91 thank you for sharing this bird card nice to learn some facts about them. And Welcome :wink:

#13 @ladybug513 truly enjoying this picture of these creatures :heart_eyes: thank you Susan.

#19 @ellistrations lovely flower lovely stickers decor thank you my card was torn but still love it.

#22 @uconn Horse Amor of Duke Ulrich must be how the fought in medieval times quite unique thank you.

#28 @TwoDoggies Fun Fun happy :gift_heart: Valentines to you. Thank you

4 Likes

#21! I havenā€™t even started writing my cards yet this month, you all are on it!

I have received:
#5 @carolreader Thank you for the Lā€™Astrolin postcard! I will have to Google it!

#13 @ladybug513 Thank you for the wonderful Beach Heart postcard! I love the idea of the heart shaped pizza! How sweet!

#22 @uconn Thank you for the centered heart Colorado postcard! I hope to make it to Denver someday!

#25 @jocrafts Thank you for the stunning Glacier Bay postcard! I did do crew and coached as well! I am hoping to buy a kayak or canoe some time this year! We just need enough room for all of the kids and that gets pricey! haha

2 Likes

#28 received:

#7 @alcott1 an art card by Juan Gris

#19 @ellistrations Super Friends (Ruh Rohā€¦doggy has a cape).

#22 @uconn A card from Irelandā€™s Great Hunger Museum titled ā€œScalp of Brian Connerā€. I thought that was such an unusual title I ā€œgoogledā€ it. It said a scalp is a hole dug in the earth, some two or three feet deep. In such a place was the abode of Brian Connor. He and two family members lived in this hole for several months before it was discovered. (During the Irish Potato famine 1849). Geez.

3 Likes

#19 ellistrations received:

#2 @CrimsonKing - feather pattern, thank you! Brisket sounds tasty! Weā€™ll likely make something or just do our own thing. We donā€™t generally celebrate Valentines day.

#5 @carolreader - Barbie surfing, thank you! Iā€™m with you, I love choices! So I have so many sets, individual random cards and books. I have had many for the last year because I have WAY too many to send in a year and then some.

#11 @Daniellenharris91 - gnomes, thank you! I love them, so cute! Happy February and Valentines Day to you as well.

#12 @NittanyLionRI - Totoro, thank you! Yes, I love these movies. They all tell great stories and half of them make me cry (easy to do). Itā€™s about who you know. Growing up in Hawaii, I was introduced and I had a few Japanese craze fans as friends here.

#22 @uconn - cuckoo clock, thank you! A snow birthday sounds like the perfect birthday!

3 Likes

#5 - Iā€™ve received my first two cards (seems like my post office is slower getting these than some others):

#15 @AccentOnHakes sent me a worried-looking bald woman. Iā€™d worry, too! Iā€™m not running so well in general (age!) and even worse lately - 18 inches of snow on the ground, though the roads are often clear (between snows). Nasty winter, this year. I know a lot of you have the same thing. But yah for your sister!

#22 @uconn - another cool card from James. This one is from a medical museum in Philadelphia, with three Halloween-worthy skeletons.

Thanks to you both. The cards are on display here here.

1 Like

My first three cards arrived yesterday:

#7 @alcott1 - a statue of Sacajawea and infant son at Lewis & Clark Community College in Godfrey, IL. Iā€™ve been to sites at the western end of their journey, but never to the eastern end.

#13 @ladybug513 - a Valentineā€™s Day card for current times, complete with hand sanitizer and mask.

#19 @ellistrations - a brooding view of the Salton Sea. I looked up details.

Thanks, everyone, from #16.

Also, yesterday, I mailed cards 1-3. Today I mailed 4-6.

2 Likes

#2 @CrimsonKing ā€“ Trudged through the snow to get my first NARR-Feb postcardā€“thank you giving me something to enjoy this cold day.

1 Like

#8 Shesa-Renegade checking in with my first received cards!

So many wonderful hearts and wishes for a Happy Valentines Day. I am so lucky to be part of this group. :heart:

#5 @carolreader sends a card for my next vacation - the Riviera! I havenā€™t made solid plans yet for my next trip, but I have a couple of ideas. This might have to be added to the list!

#7 @alcott1 sends a beautiful card with a blue and orange teapot along with some tasty looking treats. It is cold outside here, too. We had sleet on Thursday and my driveway is still ice.

#13 @ladybug513 sends a card with a heart drawn in the beach sand. Snow on the beach would be so lovely to see.

#14 @dnrhott sends a card of The Colosseum in Rome. This is one of the places on my list to go next! I also keep thinking about Greece. So many options!

#28 @TwoDoggies sends a funny valentine card! This is absolutely adorable. I need more of these in my life.

Received: 5, 7, 13, 14, 28
To Receive: 1, 2, 3, 4, 6, 9, 10, 11, 12, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 29, 30

1 Like

#9 reporting

#5 @carolreader That is quite the heart card! Thanks!
#13 @ladybug513 A bear with heartsā€¦now do I file it under bears or under hearts? This has created quite a dilema! But I loveit!

1 Like

Oops! Forgot to post all my cards were mailed on the 1st!

#3 received

#5 @carolreader what timing!! Perfect card! Maus! I canā€™t believe what is going on with schools and books right nowā€¦ā€¦I hate to think whatā€™s next!

#13 @ladybug513 a great card from the apothecary museum!! We donā€™t travel anywhere - hopefully soon!

#14 @dnrhott multiple fish - very interesting card!

#15 @AccentOnHakes poster for a dance recital by Caryathis! Iā€™ve tried many Guarana drinks on my quest to find a favorite energy drink!

Thank you all!

@cawindt all my cards are in the hands of the postal systemā€¦

1 Like

#18 just mailed cards 1-30 from Loveland Coloradoā™„ļø Check your postal cancellation stampā™„ļø

8 Likes

@ellistrations #19 a pretty painting of a palm tree. I love all the cards you send me, theyā€™re all perfect in my mind!

1 Like