[RR] North American February 2022 Round Robin - Who Loves Postcards Edition - Closed

Rules are rules :joy: I wrote my cards earlier and saved them for today’s mail so I would be good and proper!

1 Like

#23: I’m also one to stick to the rules :stuck_out_tongue: Mailed out #1-20 today - ran out of stamps after that :sweat_smile:

Mailed my cards this morning. I wanted to get to the post office before the winter storm rolled in.

1 Like

All cards mailed today :mailbox:

#11 all my cards got mailed

#20 reporting, cards in the mail to #10-#16.

#23 - mailed 21-30 today, which means all 29 cards complete

#15 has the first card, I think!

@jocrafts #25 thank you for this wonderful “WTF Karen” postcard! A friend got me this set for a Christmas present. Not to spoil too much but the card I picked out for you this month is from the same set. Same braincell!!

1 Like

All cards will have left tomorrow from 17!

12 cards have been sent

Cards #1-9 in the mail. That’s it for me; all cards now sent! :dancer:
And now, the waiting for happy mail begins … :clock1: :wink:

All of my cards were picked up by the mail carrier yesterday :smile:

#20 reporting Happy Mail today: my first NARR card from #23 @suatelier. Great choice, with excellent stamp! Thank you! The best part: I just sent the same card to someone else last week, then kicked myself because I had saved it for so long, waiting to connect with a Canadian Postcrosser to send it back to me via Write Back My Postcard. So, extra thanks and big :hugs: !

1 Like

Snow days are great postcard days. All cards from #15 are now written!

#22 uconn

#5 @carolreader fun vintage non PC card, cool stamp. Thanks!

#12 @NittanyLionRI thanks for the Renoir. My part of CT only got about 8 inches of snow from that storm. Not too bad. Today we’re waiting for freezing rain

#13 @ladybug513 cool skull card and story, thank you

#19 @ellistrations cool card, from the magic set? I bought that set but I don’t know where it is! Disappeared like magic

#28 @TwoDoggies haha, I sent this card to someonein a write back my card swap, I thought it was that one :hotdog: I’m certainly sending some of these to my young nieces. Thanks!

4 Likes

#7 @alcott1 was the first to arrive! Thank you Mary Ellen for the barn card! I’ve been watching one slowly fall apart along I-70 on my way to Highland to grocery shop, I find it really cool to see the slight changes over time.

1 Like

#12 Three wonderful cards received today. Thank you all :blush:

#5 @carolreader sent an adorable momma polar bear with cub. I’d love to see the polar bears in Alaska someday.

#13 @ladybug513 sent the lovely Gorse fairies to add to my flower fairy collection. I have never attended a PC meetup, hopefully will be able to in the future.

#19 @ellistrations sent the giant panda card to add to my Wild Animals of the World collection - almost complete :grin:

1 Like

#28 received from #13 @ladybug513 a Did You Know? New Orleans card. I am definitely going. Plane & lodging are paid for and tickets to various brunches have been secured. CANNOT wait! Where do people get these Did You Know cards? I can’t find them.

#11 reporting cards I have gotten the past two days.

@carolreader #5 sent one about diners. I understand your frustration Carol, before I moved to my area I had none around me and it was very sad. I currently live around the well know Marietta Diner so I’m pretty happy about that.

@ladybug513 #13 sent a pretty interesting historical one. Thanks for sending a local historical card about Pennsylvania! My family is from PA and NJ and I haven’t made it back to visit in a while so this was nice to get. I’m also a huge history buff so it made it that much better :slight_smile:

@uconn #22 sent a very pretty beach postcard. I definitely feel your words James, the beach postcard helps us to feel warm I these super cold winter months. Stay warm!

@CrimsonKing #2 sent a pretty cool Batman card!! Honestly girl how did you mind read and know that Batman is my favorite superhero!!! Thanks for the warm welcome :slight_smile:

@ellistrations #19 sent a cool Hawaiian postcard. I’ve always wanted to move there but am afraid the cost of living would be too high. Thank you for sharing the history of your home state with me!!!

4 Likes

My first three cards arrived already today! Thank you:

#5 @carolreader for the fabulous painting The Last Moments of John Brown by Thomas Hovenden. John Brown sure did get around, didn’t he? I like how he’s finally getting his due in history. I remember when I was a kid learning about him as some wack-job. Now we see him in a different light as the Lost Cause narrative of the Civil War starts to fade. And I hate winter as well!!

#22 @uconn for the great “White Man’s Burden” card. We’re right in the middle of this topic in my AP US history course! I love the selection of stamps as well.

#25 @jocrafts for the great card from the Encore Saloon in Honolulu. I’ve found in many touristy areas that the drinks are not as strong as I’d like. But William spoils me with his great bartending skills. Love the stamps, especially Poland’s Millennium. You may not know but I’ve been taking Polish classes and will be taking another trip to Poland this summer, spending 12 days in Warsaw.

2 Likes