[RR] North American February 2021 - Who Loves Postcards Edition - Closed!

My thanks to:
#29 melvnoble— I love this Boston card! And I liked the super bowl outcome… I’m having a hard time not being a Brady fan.
ALL SENT
To Receive: 2, 4, 11, 13, 14, 18, 21, 23, 24, 30

1 Like

#19 ellistrations received

#23 @zozanna - harp seal pup, thank you! Yes, I love the wildlife, I’m just bummed they have to cross all these roads. I’ve had 4 cats, 2 dogs, fish, 2 guinea pigs and a hedgehog (no more than 3 at the same time). I wish I had more!

Recieved #24 @roxy
Thankyou,I never been to Kentucky tho…
And the postcard had no poststamp

Received #30 @RockyRoadTrip
Love the cat,one of my cats used to let me dress him up…
But my cat kno nope he not having it…

#6 reporting. . .

#18 @kate333 sent a great Mountain Chickadee card!

#22 @Crystalinne sent a great Frank Lloyd Wright designed Greek Orthodox Church from WI.

Thank you both for awesome cards!

#6 reporting

And #11 @TandemStoker sent a great Mt. Rushmore construction photo of the crazy Gultzon Borghum who created the statue (he had a big ego). Love it!

1 Like

#13 with so many cards from:

#1 @cawindt – Thank you for the impressive view of Chief Mountain in Glacier National Park, Montana. I just watched a video online. What an awesome place to visit. So much beauty right here in our country. We had a 2 ft. snowfall followed by two more 6 in. storms. It just keeps piling up! I actually drove through a “storm” yesterday to get my first Covid vaccination. I’m glad it wasn’t scheduled for today. It’s all ice out there.

#2 @ChristineC – a recipe for Poor Man’s Pudding with Maple Syrup. This does look easy and the twins will love making it. They took baking lessons last summer and are really into it. I directed and they made and decorated cupcakes earlier this week along with a two layer cake. It took all afternoon and a lot of cake decorating bags, but it was fun. Thank you!

#3 @cruzin – Thank you for the lovely Valentine’s card. It’s actually a favorite of mine. I totally agree with not going out on Valentine’s Day. Too crowded, limited menu and the food is not always that great. Our daughter was here in an upstairs bedroom on Covid trace calls and treated us to a Chinese dinner from a great local restaurant. Shrimp with Honey Walnuts – yum!

#4 @anon38654847 – Thank you very much for the swimming King penguins. They move so very fast in the water. Such a contrast from their funny dry land waddle! An ice festival sounds like fun, but it has been so cold. I’m finding myself huddling inside!

#5 @carolreader – Thank you for the very pretty lamp post at the Kingswood School in Bloomfield Hills, Michigan. I like the black/white photography. Yes, we did get about 2 ft. of snow and probably another foot on top of that. It was snowing again this morning. I also enjoy living in an area with four seasons. Winter can be tough, but it’s worth it!

#6 @mikeyz1 – Thank you for this very cool map card of Turkey. I would have had to google it, too! After I wrote my rather downer of a message to you this month, I was referred by my physician for vaccination. I drove through a snow storm yesterday and received #1. I’m scheduled for #2 in March. Feeling relieved for myself, but still have to get Tony on board.

#8 @Shesa-Renegade - Thank you for “Les Fétiches” by Lois Mailou Jones in celebration of Black History month. I’ve been to the Smithsonian American Art Museum, but do not recall seeing this painting. I do see the five African masks along with the red fetish. Interesting reading the interpretations online.

#9 @mere5oh – Puppy LOVE 22 cent stamp card! This one is so cute! I had this set, but only have a few left. Thank you so much. I totally understand what you are saying about a serious Postcrossing lack of control. It’s addicting.

#12 @Yarn-Lady – Year of the Ox – thank you! What a dramatic red, black and gold card. You are right, we all ache for normal. I think we just need to make the very best of what we have for the time being. This too shall pass.

#15 @AccentOnHakes – Thank you for the Alabama (Yellowhammer State) map card – a new one for my collection. I did not know the Yellowhammer is a woodpecker and is, in fact, one of the most common woodpeckers in the United States. I believe we have Red-bellied woodpeckers that come to our bird feeder and climb up and down our old dogwood tree. I love watching them.

#16 @hootnoodle – What wonderful memories you have of your time in Mount Rainier National Park. I cannot imagine living in such close proximity to such an impressively huge landmass. And, it’s possible it may erupt again in the future. Thank you for sharing.

#18 @katie333 – Thank you so much for the Strawberry Fairy by Cicely Mary Barker. It’s a favorite from her series. I have to tell you that our daughters are 39 and 42 years old and it is only recently that I finally disposed of their Strawberry Shortcake bedsheets. None of their daughters have a twin bed! I also had saved Strawberry Shortcake and her cat, Custard. I’m pretty sure they are somewhere in the attic!

#21 @BeachyBlonde – Thank you so very much for this lovely Angel, a detail from The Love Song. If we ever find our way back to the Metropolitan Museum of Art in NYC, I will have to look for it. Love the cancellations from Valentine Station in Loveland, Colorado. Such fun!

#23 @zozanna – Thank you so much for the wintry scene of Mont-Tremblant Provincial Park, Québec, Canada. I hope you get the chance to visit New England sometime in the near future. Our son went to university in Boston and we loved visiting the area. We especially enjoyed the rocky shoreline north of the city and loved visiting Salem, Rockport and Marblehead. Such a beautiful area.

#24 @roxy– Thank you for the cute Valentine you sent and for thinking of looking for a Pinocchio card. Our granddaughter is really enjoying her little album. Great washi and stamps!

#25 @jocrafts – Thank you for the ladybug! I’ve actually organized my postcards in photo boxes with dividers by subject matter to try and keep track of what I have to send out. But, it seems I’m always picking up cards that just don’t fit my categories and I don’t want to make a divider for one card! So, some of my cards are still a bit of a jumble. I need an administrative assistant!

#26 @alcott1 - What a terrific postcard of The Smithsonian Castle. Help someone! I can’t remember what this very shiny finish on the postcard is called! Our daughter lived in Washington and/or the surrounding area for 8 years. We loved visiting there and spending so much time at The Smithsonian Museums. Wonderful memories. Thank you!

#27 @lowajes – My first Easter card! A sexy lady lying in a cracked egg! German, ca. 1908. Thank you! I think our preschool grandkids expect us to make large wooden countdown to Easter eggs on which they can hang little die cut ornaments, etc. Sort of like an advent tree, but for Easter. I don’t know, space for 40 ornaments will be an awfully large egg! They also want countdown to Halloween pumpkins. Good grief! It’s the great pumpkin, Charlie Brown!

3 Likes

#28 received from

#11 @TandemStoker a bobcat fact card. I saw one in the mountains of Oregon years ago. (I was in a vehicle, so completely safe). Such a great sighting, and a great memory.

1 Like

#4 @anon38654847 --original artwork in chalk and charcoal titled “No sleep and no more dreams”–it did bring a smile to me! Thank you.

#10 emotis received:

#2 @ChristineC Love the Northern lights card… and such pretty postage (uncancelled!)
#21 @Beachyblonde This is the cutest LouPaper card yet! And am impressed with the Loveland postmark!!!

To Receive: 4, 11, 13, 14, 18, 23, 24, 30

#18 @katie333 reporting in …

From @Iowajes received a beautiful blue card with a lovely design on it, I really like the pattern!!

From @Shesa-Renegade #8 my very first blue cats card, I love it SO much, I am going to start to collect this series.

From @Beachyblonde #21 received an absolutely adorable Valentine Lou Paper, I do love it as much as you do!!

From @Cruzin #3 a cute valentine card with a fabulous cat sticker on it, woohoo.

From @dtnoble, #20 my first Where’s Waldo card, I think these are quite nice, I’ll have to collect more. Glad you liked Tin Tin, I collect those too and I find I normally have to trade with folks from Europe, that one is part of a vintage set but only that one type.

Thank you all!

1 Like

#19 ellistrations received

#11 @TandemStoker - Javelina, thank you! I’ve never heard of these adorable little beasts! Ahhh I’d love to see one!

#30 @RockyRoadTrip - Batman Begins movie poster, thank you! I think I’ve seen them all, maybe once. My mom is a huge fan of Superman so I’ve seen his movies and shows more than once, haha!

1 Like

I know it’d be SUCH a niche subject, but I would love youtube videos on how people organize postcards :rofl: (I do actually listen to the Postcardist podcast occasionally, and love it).

1 Like

Today I had 2 pieces of happy in my po box:

#25, @jocrafts: Shakespeare’s a midsummer night’s dream. I actually went on a date two years ago to see this play performed at night at an outdoor theater.
As usual I love your use of cute washi tape and stickers. Thank you.

#29 a vibrant autumn tree. Thank you. Unfortunately in travel the card got pretty beat up ( folded, ripped edges and big scrape across the bottom of the front removing color), but that is not your fault, and I still appreciate receiving the card, and the kitty stickers you put on it.
Yes, I very much miss attending, and working at, conventions and look forward to them again in the future.

Good morning, everyone! #20 catching up on my Feb. '21 NARR postcards report.

#2, @ChristineC sent a picture of the pipe organ in the cathedral at Toledo, Spain and two great new stamps from Canada Post.

#9, @mere5oh, Muddy Waters is an all-time favourite, and an inspiration to many musicians. I learned piano as a boy and have played all my life. Good luck to your son in his own musical journey. Lessons aren’t fun in the moment but they pay you back down the road.

#12, @Yarn-Lady, a beautiful picture of Hereta Head. I look forward to seeing travel to the coasts soon!

#15, @AccentOnHakes, a card commemorating the April 2020 Postcrossing meet-up in Muncie, IN and memories of rooftop patios in Toronto!

#17, @YOIYUMTEWA sent two locomotive-themed cards from the hometown of James Stewart, who surely starred in “It’s a Wonderful Life” as well as the others mentioned. :wink:

#19, @ellistrations I agree - lighthouses are intriguing, powerful symbols!

#24, @roxy I haven’t found him yet!

#25, @jocrafts reminds me that spring is just around the corner with a picture of St. George Municipal Golf Course.

#26, @alcott1 sent a vintage photo of sign painters in front of an old pharmacy in St. Louis.

#28, @FrogSalad, loved the Van Gogh! I also miss the sea and can’t wait to see it again soon.

#27, @Iowajes reminds me of cottage country in Southern Ontario where I live with a postcard of a father and child enjoying a summer day on the lake in their small sailboat.

#29, @melvnoble sent a photo of Pres. Taft AND may have found a distant cousin! Who knows?

That’s me caught up! Have a great weekend everybody.

Darryn

2 Likes
  1. ChristineC

More cards to report!

From 6. @mikeyz1 a great painting by Winslow Homer that can be seen in Portland, Maine. My July 2020 trip to Maine was postponed, and my visit to this museum too!
From 21.@BeachyBlonde some humour about Tarnation! We sure need to laugh these days!
From 26. @alcott1 a new Bob Ecktein’s watercolour from his bookstore series. Just love it!

Thank you all for the nice cards so well chosen and the nice assortment of stamps!

I picked-up these photo storage cases at Michael’s hobby store to house mailable cards from my collection. I use a label maker to create topics. Is it perfect? No. For instance, they only hold 4x6 (or smaller cards) so they’re not good for a surprisingly large number of cards with slightly wider measurements. But it makes finding cards for monthly NARR profiles a lot easier! Cuts down on going down the “Where is the Van Gogh card I’m sure was in that random stack on my desk? Now I’m on a mission to find it!” rabbit holes.

4 Likes

#4 checking in

Recieved
@ladybug513 #13
Love the quiga board,never been to New Orleans…
Hopefully after pandemic is over…will go
Thankyou :blush:

There is no nwgirl in this RR. Is this a card for a different RR perhaps?

Update #3 is complete. Again, please do double check for errors. :slight_smile:

March is now open!