[RR] North American February 2021 - Who Loves Postcards Edition - Closed!

#28 received from #4 @anon38654847 Vincent’s Starry Night. We’re struggling with frozen water pipes. :confused: the plumber is here now so hopefully a hot shower is in my near future.

#29 - More lovely postcards!

#4 @anon38654847 - Thank you for this neat BINGO card! Years ago with my ex and former father-in-law, we’d go to a church and play bingo sometimes. It was a lot of fun, but I never did win!

#18 @katie333 - Thank you for this cute Manatee postcard! I don’t think I’ll cut out and make the manatee, but this is super adorable!

#23 @zozanna - Thank you for this nighttime view of Ambassador Bridge in Windsor! Love the pug sticker and thank you for your condolences. She was such a good pup and meant so much to me! The owl washi tape was a treat too. :smiley:

See all the postcards I’ve received for this RR here!

1 Like

1 - cawindt - Mountain Goat at Glacier National Park – how I would love to get my hands on some of the winter down (cashmere) they shed!
3 - Cruzin - Valentine’s Day card - my hubbies is Christmas Eve - and we celebrate his birthday then!!!
5 - carolreader - Dragon Bones - what a great card! It just draws you in!
10 - emotis - Deadwood - I never pictured it this way. I’m looking forward to getting out too!
16 - hootnoodle - map of Tunisia - I love the fascinating places you have been!
21 - beachyblonde -Items of mail - clever card!!! And, I love the wool stamp!

Thank you all for the wonderful cards!

#4 @anon38654847 - Keep Calm and use snail mail! Love it. It sounds like fun to see ice sculptures, but our weather isn’t cold enough. We need to be satisfied with sand sculptures in the summer.

Thanks from #16.

1 Like

@anon38654847 #4 a cool art card. A woman, but kind of blurry like I’m looking through a window. Kind of creepy because it feels like I’m a peeping Tom, but kind of cool at the same time. Enjoy the new piercing! I am trying to heal mine and it’s sooo hard not to touch them.
@treeclimber #7 Jekyll Island, GA. Thank you! I hope your mom’s second dose went well! I know a lot of people have it worse with the 2nd shot, but I didn’t have anything but a sore arm for either dose. It seems that Moderna tends to hit a little harder than Pfizer with the side effects, but I would have been happy to take either one.
@zozanna #23 Ambassador Bridge! We drove across in 2018 when we visited Toronto. We saw a terribly gaudy car that was painted metallic gold and the license plate read “24K GOLD” or something similar. Thank you for the super cute guinea pig sticker, too!
@melvnoble #29 US Brig Niagara. Thank you! It was -4F when I woke up this morning…brr!

2 Likes

#18 reporting in … after no delivery yesterday I got a giant bundle of mail today, it was awesome!

From #17 @YOIYUMTEWA a letter with two cards inside, I would also welcome spring! They are both great, thank you.

From #19 @ellistrations a great owl card, I think it is great, and I say, thank you to you!

From #26 @alcott1 a fall scene from the Great Smoky Mountains - I hear you, I am longing to visit my favourite places again.

From #24 @roxy a great stamp card with your usual amazing stickers and decor, thank you so much!

From #15 @AccentOnHakes your cards are making it here, so it’s all good! :slight_smile: Thank you for the cute green illustration.

From #5 @carolreader sounds like you are enjoying retirement! I love the Creative Cats card!

From #12 @Yarn-Lady a great owl/cat card - I love this one, I bought it to send out too, but have not received it yet, so this is great!!

From #16 @hootnoodle a great card with a cat playing a guitar. You are so sweet to put it in an envelope. While mail can be treated savagely it’s a part of the experience sometimes. You can chance it next time without the envelope, let’s see what happens!! :slight_smile:

#13 All of my postcards have been sent. I apologize for the delay.

#7 checking in…

#1 @cawindt - Black Pioneers - sounds like you had the same experience with the vaccine as my mom with just a sore arm the next day. Hope back to school instruction is going well.

#15 @AccentOnHakes - Lexington Arch at Great Basin National Park - I’m going to have to make a trip to visit the national parks that I missed when my family went cross country in the 80s. We saw quite a few but I’m realizing there are a lot we missed.

#20 @dtnoble - a neat print of a bird called Sheltered Nestling - so glad to be in 2021!

#23 @zozanna - map of Italy - love this so much - I was hoping to go to Italy in September but it’s been pushed to 2022 - I love watching the birds at the birdfeeders - we mostly see cardinals, blue jays and carolina bluebirds.

#24 @roxy - Journey and Adventure books - I recognize a lot of these titles. I haven’t been reading much lately. My mom and I have been working on jigsaw puzzles.

Thanks everyone!

#11 TandemStoker. Thank you for the great cards! :heart:

#5 @carolreader
DEVO! Great photo art! I remember their weird videos and the only song I remember of theirs is “Whip It”. Did you go to any of their concerts since a couple of them attended your high school? Thank you, Carol!

#9 @mere5oh
Le Narcisse illustration. I love roses and poppies and tulips and daisies and dahlias and irises … I can go on and on. There are so many beauties, it’s hard to pick a favorite. Thank you, Meredith!

#12 @Yarn-Lady
A fun card with multiples of sheep from my favorites. Today it was overcast, it snowed, it melted, and the sun came out. Nothing compared to what our friends in the South and Northeast are getting. Thank you, Cynthia!

#15 @AccentOnHakes
Route 66 The Mother Road to add to my collection. I’ve dried my acrylic sweaters in the dryer (on low) and hang them if they’re still damp. They come out fine. Great postage and postmark. Thank you, Karen!

#16 @hootnoodle
A bike and a quote from Einstein, “Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance, you must keep moving.” I’m glad you’ve kept up with your book group via Zoom. Great postage. Thank you, Mary!

#19 @ellistrations
A large letter Greetings from USA card by C. Arndt. I don’t mind more than 50 states and would love to see how additional stars would be incorporated. Thank you, Barbara!

#21 @Beachyblonde
“I Love All Y’all” by ADG. I love this! Hurray for the Loveland postmark! I didn’t send my cards to Loveland this year, so I’m very happy to receive the Valentine Station postmark and the cachet. Thanks for doing this, Whitney! Did you send yourself a card to get the special postmark?

1 Like

#17 received cool card from:

#28 @FrogSalad Van Gogh’s “Self Portrait with Felt Hat” 1888. Interesting about Buxton and your great-grandfather. With much of my family going back many years in western PA, had a coal miner or two in the family.

25 @jocrafts- I never met Mormon person yet…
And I Met lots of different people…

#28 received:

#7 @treeclimber Manticus Rock, Maine. It looks very forbidding, and a great place for nesting birds.

#24 @roxy a Happy Halloween card with great stamps and ‘witchy’ washi tape.

#30 @RockyRoadTrip Groucho Puss, a tuxedo cat wearing Groucho glasses.

Nope. Never went to a Devo concert. But I don’t go to many concerts.

#5 reporting:

#3 @cruzin – a scene of Titan. You must have guessed correctly on the postage, since it arrived intact, cute stickers and all. Thank you.

#7 @treeclimber - aah – Bobby Kennedy. 1968 was a seminal year for me. I graduated from high school that year, and so many bad things happened. But the ‘60’s were different, and more hopeful, times. Or maybe it’s just ‘cause I was younger. Thank you for the card!

#8 @Shesa-Renegade – Leon Bakst dancer. I like this card – thanks. I did not take ballet as a kid, but, later on, I did a mother-daughter ballet class. It was at the “Y”, so not very serious!

#19 @ellistrations - what a cute card and sticker – Legos! Thank you for sending the little man bearing me gifts!

#23 @zozanna – a beautifully-decorated Moose card. Moose are fascinating – so odd looking! We don’t have them in Ohio, of course. I did not realize before that the word “moose” is Algonquin for “twig-eater”. Postcrossing expands my knowledge base :face_with_hand_over_mouth: I love the card – thanks.

#6 reporting

#4 @anon38654847 with a great Statue of Liberty card!

#8 @Shesa-Renegade sent a beautiful Jacob Lawrence painting in honor of Black History Month

#9 @mere5oh sent a great Paul Cezanne painting card!

#10 @emotis sent a LP painting card!

#17 @YOIYUMTEWA sent a great Mormon Temple card from Kirtland Ohio. I’m fascinated by Mormon history.

#19 @ellistrations sent a delicious buried treasure card (radishes and potatoes!)

#20 @dtnoble sent a fun card of vampires! It’s fun and goofy! And yes, I’m going crazy as well!

#21 @Beachyblonde sent a lovely Autrian print card that is very fun! And wow, I love your Art Deco style printing!

#23 @zozanna sent a fun Large Letter Windsor card!

#25 @jocrafts sent a fun Mormon temple from St. George Utah.

#26 @alcott1 sent a beautiful image of the Shelburne birches in NH. I had a nice drive through there a few years ago!

#28 @FrogSalad sent a nice Oskallosa Bandstand card. I love these small Midwest town city squares. It reminds me a lot of festivals my family would take me to throughout rural Central Illinois.

#29 @melvnoble sent a great Diego Rivera photo card! I hope your mom got scheduled!

2 Likes

#29 - Two postcards have arrived!

#8 @Shesa-Renegade - Thank you for this art postcard! Love the history of the artist, William H Johnson, and the story behind the painting! It’s beautiful.

#21 @Beachyblonde - Thank you for this postcard! I have family on my mom’s side from Northwest Georgia so they always said “Bless your heart.” It’s so funny hearing my great aunt talk and have to think about what she’s saying. “Carry me to the store” doesn’t mean pick her up and carry her but just take her there! :laughing:

See all the postcards I’ve received for this RR here!

#17 received from

#4 @anon38654847 cool colorful old mailboxes. Stamps didn’t get postmarked. That seems to be happening more frequently again.

#25 jocrafts here, received:

#3 @Cruzin a lovely glittery valentine! My last pedi was in September on my birthday, I am definitely overdue! I think I am going to go schedule one today :slight_smile:

#6 @mikeyz1 I loved Golden books so much as a kid. I have such fond memories of this style of drawing. My little brother used all of my books as coloring books later, which upset me so much long after we both outgrew them! This is so special.

#7 @treeclimber a lovely Very Hungry Caterpillar valentine. I absolutely loved Eric Carle’s books as a child. Anne of Green Gables and the Ramona series were so lovely as a kid, but I have never heard of My Big Fat Zombie Goldfish! It looks fun :slight_smile:

#8 @Shesa-Renegade what a lovely painting of Harriet Tubman. I love that the focus on her feet because one can only imagine how much those feet worked and saw.

#16 @hootnoodle what a lovely sewing and knitting little shelf! It is so sweet that your husband reads to you at night. It’s so lovely!

#18 @katie333 a lovely scenic beach scene in what looks like might be the Mediterranean coast? Oh-yes, Italy, lol. (I just impressed myself with my ability to identify the location based on context clues, lol). The beach umbrellas are the giveaway–that blue and white looks so Mediterranean to me! Beautiful. Also makes me listful!

#19 @ellistrations what a sweet pink happiness postcard

#21 @Beachyblonde I agree! We should share love year round! And this view of cupid is hillarious!

#22 @Crystalinne I love this no drama llama :slight_smile: Thank you :slight_smile:

#23 @zozanna a very very very cute postcard showing how postcards are “better than a text; cuter than an e-mail” --so beautiful! I’m glad you found all of your crafting hobbies! Those skills can definitely stay forever.

#27 @Iowajes Chores truly are never-ending! I love the paisely-esque pattern; thank you!

2 Likes

#16 reporting:

#2 @ChristineC - a great drawing of the Toronto waterfront and its iconic tower. What fun to meet the artist, a postcrosser.

#7 @treeclimber - hot chocolate with marshmallows, a great cold weather drink!

#18 @katie333 - a splendid autumn view from the Visitor Centre of Algonquin Provincial Park in Ontario. How inviting!

#23 @zozanna - several views of Ontario. I’d love to visit. Like you, I really want to travel, but I’m glad I have the option to stay safe at home and wait this out. Your description of DT as incompetent was extremely mild.

#24 @roxy - an old-fashioned valentine. I don’t pay a lot of attention to stay-at-home orders, since I plan to keep doing that anyway, until the world is much safer.

Thanks so much, everyone.

1 Like

Received some more. Thank you all!

#6 your hotdog card matches my blanket! :grin::+1:t3:
Even here in NW Florida there has been a cold snap. It’s been below freezing the past few nights, in the 20s.

#8 Little Rock Central HS. For Black history month.
That school is Huge!
Also thank you for the stickers and washi tape decorations.

#27 Mary Anning: fossil collector and Paleontologist.
I don’t know where Rapunzel went, sorry. Stay safe and have fun with the young ones.