[RR] North American February 2021 - Who Loves Postcards Edition - Closed!

1. ChristineC

More cards to report!

From 6. @mikeyz1 a great painting by Winslow Homer that can be seen in Portland, Maine. My July 2020 trip to Maine was postponed, and my visit to this museum too!
From 21.@BeachyBlonde some humour about Tarnation! We sure need to laugh these days!
From 26. @alcott1 a new Bob Ecktein’s watercolour from his bookstore series. Just love it!

Thank you all for the nice cards so well chosen and the nice assortment of stamps!

I picked-up these photo storage cases at Michael’s hobby store to house mailable cards from my collection. I use a label maker to create topics. Is it perfect? No. For instance, they only hold 4x6 (or smaller cards) so they’re not good for a surprisingly large number of cards with slightly wider measurements. But it makes finding cards for monthly NARR profiles a lot easier! Cuts down on going down the “Where is the Van Gogh card I’m sure was in that random stack on my desk? Now I’m on a mission to find it!” rabbit holes.

4 Likes

#4 checking in

Recieved
@ladybug513 #13
Love the quiga board,never been to New Orleans…
Hopefully after pandemic is over…will go
Thankyou :blush:

There is no nwgirl in this RR. Is this a card for a different RR perhaps?

Update #3 is complete. Again, please do double check for errors. :slight_smile:

March is now open!

#19 ellistrations received

#4 @emotis - The Graduate movie poster, thank you! I did not watch the Superbowl, instead I played some board games and watched Pirates of the Caribbean!

#5 @carolreader - On Broadway! Show Boat, thank you! We have not been to Broadway either, but the theaters here have been great to us. Mom get season tickets for the Charlotte area. It’s been a few years since I’ve been with her but I have seen a few.

#10 @emotis - Tea Valentine’s, thank you! I never got into the taste of the candy conversation hearts, but I’ll never turn away some good chocolates!

1 Like

Thanks for adding the link!

Nice, Rocky! :clap:

1 Like

I pretty much have the same system! But without labels… I have each bin organized by type. So one organizer has travel, Lou Paper, Lantern Press… another has Disney, one is just illustrations, etc. They’re great for outgoing cards 4×6 or smaller like Rocky said. Then I have a few 5×7 singles for larger outgoing cards I keep in a drawer.

5 Likes

Yeah, I’ve been tempted to get some 5x7 cases. But I wish they would house them in a similar case like the 4x6s. Anyway, the more I use them, the more I see the value of storing this way. Again, not perfect - but it’s a good start.

#17 received coolness from:

#13 @ladybug513 One of those ornate European churches of the type I feel uncomfortable in (because I’m afraid I’ll touch and break something), but also in awe of. ( Wallfahrtskirche des Prämonstratenserklosters Steingaden Germany, Erbaut 1746-1754)

#30 @RockyRoadTrip A lady standing lakeside at sunset, enjoying (or maybe not, in Rocky’s estimation) the ending of some recent events.

You don’t think she was enjoying the sun finally setting on the Trump administration??

1 Like

My goodness! I’m going to have to up my storage game! :smiley:

Anything is possible! She was being pretty calm in the picture. Definitely NOT upset, that’s for sure!

1 Like

#5 received a card from:

#11 @TandemStoker - funny burrowing owl, and I love those eyes! Thank you!

1 Like

February 2021 - NARR Report #4

#11 @TandemStoker: sent a shot of Neil Armstrong’s bootprint on the soil of the moon (or a Hollywood studio backlot; the jury is still out on that one!) One giant leap for mankind, subtle brag. Yeah, I don’t believe we’ll be doing any leisure travelling until we’re vaccinated. So maybe by late summer? Maui? Hawaii has one of the lowest infection rates. Must be the positive vibes. Thanks!

#18 @Katie333: sent one of those odd “Writing you a postcard” cards, this time because the recipient presumably doesn’t listen to a word the sender says. Usually these are framed as “you don’t write, you don’t call” messages. It’s an interesting trope, especially in this instance when the picture on the card is of a jack ass! (Is that supposed to represent the sender or the recipient!?) Interestingly enough, this card was produced by Postcrossing member, @StinkyPaw, a legend on the Canadian boards. Great stamps, thanks!

Just anticipating pending arrivals from: 13, 14, 20, and 22

You can view all these incoming Feb cards HERE.

All my outgoing Feb. cards have been posted.

Rocky Road Trip #30

2 Likes

:rofl:

1 Like

I love those cases and have a set but I wish they were 5 x 7 as most of my cards seem to be larger than 4 x 6. So back when I was allowed into the USA we drove this beauty home from Hobby Lobby. It’s awesome but I could use another one! :rofl:

IMG_6779.HEIC|340x453

2 Likes

So many wonderful postcards to report on:

#3 @Cruzin - an awesome snail mail Lou Paper postcard. I hope you make your reading goal - that would be impressive!

#5 @carolreader sent a very cheery lady at a desk asking “May I help you?” promoting the Motel Managers Training School. WHAT?! For real? The back reads “Feel like a Million in the Fabulous Motel Industry. Earn security, pride & prestige.” This card is amazing and I love it! In fact I showed it to my husband and said “This! This is why I collect postcards!” :rofl:

#9 @mere5oh sent the 300th anniversary cake of Westfield, Mass. in Park Square. Research tells me their 300th anniversary was in 1969.

#16 @hootnoodle sent the beautiful tomb of the Jefferson Fire Co #22 in the Lafayette Cemetery.

#17 @YOIYUMTEWA sent The New Vincentown Diner in New Hersey. I can smell the grease from here! Thanks for the bonus too - a two lane covered bridge! Great cards for my collections!

#18 @katie333 sent a great vintage card of the Chateau Laurier here in Ottawa - quite a kerfuffle going on over proposed renovations to this aging beauty.

#19 - @ellistrations sent a Lego card featuring a goldfish and a sardine can - so clever! I love that Lego sticker too! Sad to hear you are running out of the Lego postcards though - I’ve been enjoying them so much! Thank you for sharing so many with me!

#25 @jocrafts ent the Loveless Motel & Cafe by Anderson Design Group - love their cards!
#26 @alcott1 sent an awesome Royal Mail lstamp of Sherlock Holmes and Dr. Watson in “The Reigate Squire” Love it!

#30 @RockyRoadTrip sent a great Absolut Vodka ad- Absolut Pistols! I’ve been wanting this one for awhile!

#28 @FrogSalad - the bizarre Chesterfield smoking glove ad. What a concept!

Thank you everyone!

3 Likes