[RR] North American December 2020 Round Robin - New Location, All the Fun Edition - Closed

Ok time to catch up :smiley: #22 checking in!

Sent All!
To Receive: 1, 3, 4, 5, 8, 10, 11, 14, 15, 16, 23, 24, 28, 30

I have received a lovely old wold looking Joyful Christmas card from #2 @ChristineC Thank you <3

I have received a fun modern style Christmas card from #6 @mikeyz1 Thank you <3

I have received a tranquil snowflake image card from #7 @treeclimber Thank you <3 Cute snowman stamp too!

I have received a cute penguin couple card from #9 @mere5oh Thank you <3

I have received an awesome pile of cats making a Christmas tree shape card from #12 @Yarn-Lady Thank you <3 This one made me giggle!

I have received a nice vintage Santa card from #13 @ladybug513 Thank you <3

I have received a rustic Hotel Indiana card from #17 @YOIYUMTEWA Thank you <3 The vintage cards are neat!

I have received a really cool Salem Mass. card with a moon cute out from #18 @TravelingKatie Thank you <3

I have received a sweet water color Curious cat card from #19 @ellistrations Thank you <3

I have received a fun Season for Sharing reindeer stealing the snowman’s carrot card from #20 @Triol Thank you <3

I have received a fun retro Christmas Hot Chocolate card from #21 @Beachyblonde Thank you <3

I have received a funny 2020 masks Christmas card from #25 @jocrafts Thank you <3 This is a perfect one for this year!

I have received a cute vintage style card with Frosty the snowman from #26 @mebertram Thank you <3

I have received a sweet Season’s Greeting mason jar card from #27 @PamUSAOhio Thank you <3

I have received a cool cat staring out a window illustration card from #29 @melvnoble Thank you <3 My cats love looking out the window to watch the chickens :stuck_out_tongue:

What wonderful smiles in my mailbox! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

#6 reporting

#3 @Cruzin sent a great Ellis Island LP card! Love the Inauguration Day advent calendar idea. Counting down the days!

#8 @Shesa-Renegade sent a great birds Christmas card! (I have a full year sabbatical!)

#9 @mere5oh Historic “The Dresden Room” at Hyde Park and a dinosaur stamp–Great!
#18 @TravelingKatie Scenes from Salem, Massachusetts. I notice the House of Seven Gables there.
#21 @Beachyblonde Fa La La La La–it is fun! I watch George C. Scott as Scrooge every year.
#22 @littleredtamale Merry Christmas ornament–so pretty!
#29 @melvnoble Beautiful Walrich Pottery piece of a mission style church.
Great postcards! Thank you! Happy Holidays!

2 Likes

#23. I received:

#12 @Yarn-Lady : A beautiful vintage Mickey Mouse Christmas card
#24 @roxy : A beautiful red and gold Merry Christmas card

Thank you ladies! :smiley:

#9 rec:

#5 @carolreader - A weird Christmas card. I forgot the set it comes from, but I agree, it’s quite bazaar! Thank you!
#6 @mikeyz1 - Cute Christmas card showing diffrent kinds of trees. Thank you!
#8 @Shesa-Renegade - Thank you for the Inge Look card showing them skating on ice and using an umbrella as a sail!
#13 @ladybug513 - a sweet card with a sleepy owl next to a stocking. Thank you!
#23 @Aanne - A cute mouse holding some holly! Thank you!
#26 @mebertram - sweet snowman card! Thank you!

To receive: 1, 3, 4, 7, 11, 14, 16, 20, 21, 24, 28, 30

#19 received

#18 @TravelingKatie - Salem, Massachusetts with the crescent moon cut out, thank you! That’s definitely the way to shop! And tacos sound amazing! We just had some the other day but I can always go for more.

#26 @mebertram - Christmas wishes, thank you! Happy Holidays and a healthy new year!

#27 PamUSAOhio

#26 @mebertram sent a cute, old-fashioned Christmas postcard of a group of dogs gathered around a decorated tree. Thank you, Mary Ellen! :christmas_tree: :blush:

To receive: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 8, 9, 11, 14, 15, 16, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 28, 30

I’m curious where my cards have been…only a handful seem to have arrived so far. At least some of them DID arrive, which tells me they at least made it into the system! I read that the USPS delays are only packages and letters are supposed to be unaffected. :woman_shrugging:

Anyway, updates from #15!

@ChristineC #2 Thank you for the Christmas card! Yes, I’m not spending Christmas with anyone but my roommates this year either. I was invited to my sister’s boyfriend’s family Christmas (they’re keeping it small this year, they usually invite their whole extended family but this year it will be just them four as her boyfriend is an only child) but I won’t be attending as I am unable to isolate prior to going. I’m honestly pretty bummed because I love their dog, but hopefully my sister will send me pictures. :dog2:
@emotis #10 Thanks for the Christmas card! My plans this winter include staying in, studying, and GETTING VACCINATED! Here’s to a healthy 2021!
@TravelingKatie #18 I love this Salem card! It has an adorable cutout of a crescent moon. Unfortunately the machinery ate a corner of the card, but you wrote the address so high up that none of the text got taken off. Enjoy your candles!

first class mail is also affected. :confused:

I’m not too surprised to hear that. Thank you for confirming.

1. ChristineC

Received from 15. AccentOnHakes a fabulous painting by Eric Carle. I love this artist – your choice is perfect!

I have not received any mail whatsoever all week except ads on Tuesday! I am missing all the lovely postcards in my box!!! Sending all my patience and positivity to any postal worker during the holidays!

#3 rec’d

#2 @ChristineC LP Santa’s Rules card!! With great cow/steer stamp! You are right. There is a lot that isn’t bad!
#6 @mikeyz1Hedgehog Xmas! We got all online this year too!
#7 @treeclimber milk and cookies! Happy Holidays!
#8 @Shesa-Renegade Very cute illustration!! Looking forward to 2021!
#10 @emotis Very cute shaped ornament card!! And uncanceled too!
#12 @Yarn-Lady Cat Xmas tree!! When mine were younger wed always find them in the tree!
#15 @AccentOnHakes LP GF Indianapolis. Good luck with the move!
#18 @TravelingKatie Shaped Salem, MA card! I agree with the reality shows - watching the ones that filmed during the start of the pandemic are not aging well…
#19 @ellistrations Cute cat joke!
#20 @Triol very cute mail truck Xmas card!
#23 @littleredtamale Merry Christmas card! Might have sent you the same one!
#23 @Aanne super cute Santa illustration!
#25 @jocrafts Snowmen greetings! Here’s hoping for a great 2021!
#27 @PamUSAOhio Merry Christmas card! Snow - we have two yards here in the neighborhood that set up snow machines…that’s about as close to snow we get here!
#29 @melvnoble A great Bruce McCall card! I’m so looking forward to social events again!

Thank you all for such great cards and holiday wishes!!

1 Like

#17 received 3 cool cards today

#4 angeldreamer 3 cool little (gnomes? trolls? ) wishing “Merry Christmas from Oologah Oklahoma”

#26 mebertram a retro winter holiday card: a traditional snowman with coal for his nose, and holding a candy cane, and a little doe visiting, eyeing up the candy cane

#27 PamUSAOhio a “word” card, says “Have yourself a Merry little Christmas” in Christmas colors, and with snowflakes and holly decorations. You said you got your first snow. We got our second, and as far as I am concerned, we’ve now had more than enough. The first snow showed up in November and was 2 or 3 inches. The snow we got Wednesday into Thursday here was about 12-13 inches. Ugh.

#8 Shesa-Renegade checking in with some wonderful cards! Each of these made me smile.

#5 @carolreader sent an awesome public radio card! YES! I listen to public radio all the time, although not as much as I used to because it is the go-to station in my car. Love your quirky sense of humor.

#21 @mebertram sent a pretty illustration of a white bunny sitting beneath a beautiful blue sky. This looks so peaceful that I wish I could crawl inside and breathe in the crisp air.

#25 @jocrafts sent a funny 2020 is elfed up postcard. My family has been Covid-free so far. Everyone in the family (even though we are scattered from coast to coast) has really taken it seriously and no one has been sick yet. Here’s to hoping that the vaccine gets to us all soon.

To Receive: 1, 2, 11, 14, 16, 20, 23, 24, 26, 28, 30

#2 - Yarn-Lady ---- Merry Christmas everyone!

2 - ChristineC - Red Knit Christmas Mittens - I love this card and what you wrote!
3 - cruzin - Very cute lyrics card - a Merry Little Christmas to you!!!
6 - mikeyz - a wonderful old barn - beautiful watercolor!
7 - treeclimber - antique card reprint with sled! darling!
8 - Shesa-Renegade - Oak Island Lighthouse and a travel story like I like to travel!!!
10 - emotis - Ziggy!!! I haven’t seen Ziggy in a long time - love Ziggy!
13 - ladybug513 - Morris Arboretum in the Snow - So beautiful - how wonderful to be so close!
15 - AccentonHakes - an Illinois farm - really neat and tidy, too! Yes, the best farm land in America is underneath cities!
18 - travelingkatie - a Great Salem card - a dear friend’s son got married there on Halloween - it was snowing!!! Better luck with the house plants - yes, watering can be tricky!
20 - triol - Little wooden dolls in knit winter clothing! - so clever and cute !
21 - BeachyBlonde - Tree Tops Glisten!! great card! I have been making hats/scarves for the shelters - much appreciated in these times
25 - jocrafts - Very cute cat by the fire - ours stay close to the stove!!!
26 - mebertram - lovely painting of a park snow scene!
27 - PamUSAOhio - Marry Christmas card - our snow is melting the same day so far, but more in the mountains!
29 - melvnoble - Kliban - cat on the radiator - one of my favorite illustrators.

Thank you all for the wonderful cards chosen so perfectly for me!!!
Merry Christmas, Happy Hannukah, Happy New Year — may 2021 be better!

Waiting for - 1-5-9-11-14-16-23-24-28-30

#7 checking in

#3 @Cruzin - cute Let It Snow card. Turkey isn’t easy. I usually help my mom but I’ve never attempted cooking one on my own.

#8 @Shesa-Renegade - a cute honey bee and a cut stamped tree.

Happy Holidays to you both :slight_smile:

I received two more great cards from

#15 @AccentOnHakes Thank you for the awesome beachy skater boys! This postcard made me smile, they’re the original skaters! The postmark is really cool too!! I love it, thank you, Karen!!
#26 @mebertram Thank you for the Angel playing a Flageolet postcard! Lovely stamp as well!

To Send:
To Receive: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 8, 9, 11, 14, 16, 18, 20, 23, 24, 28, 30

#27 PamUSAOhio

#1 @cawindt sent a multiview card of Delbruck, Germany. Thank you, Craig! I love this architecture, too.

#2 @ChristineC --Vintage Christmas greeting card of a girl with wings and Christmas gifts–so sweet
#6 @mikeyz1 --“Use Your Imagination” Golden Book–I’ve never outgrown Little Golden Books
#8 @Shesa-Renegade --The High Desert in Snow–beautiful snow scene
#12 @Yarn-Lady --Patriotic map of the USA–how we need that now!
#30 @RockyRoadTrip --A reindeer and elf with their stocking and letter to Santa–really cute
Thank you for the great postcards. Happy Holidays!