[RR] North American December 2020 Round Robin - New Location, All the Fun Edition - Closed

#5 with cards to report:

@emotis #10 – Reproduction of a 1983 Christmas stamp - it has two things I really love, birds and a mailbox! I was wondering why I didn’t remember the stamp when it noticed that it’s British. Thanks!

@travelingkatie #18 – Spooky scenes from Salem, Mass. Thanks! I just finished binge-watching “The Crown” and I’ve just moved on to the series about O.J. Simpson. I find the idea of a Roomba intriguing, but not enough to buy one.

@littleredtamale #22 A “Noel” wish, a pretty wreath around a reindeer. Very nice; thank you. In the past I didn’t fuss much about Christmas, but this year I made it a point to put up a tree early - even if it’s mostly just for me.

@melvnoble #29 – A classic old photograph of Washington D.C. Thanks! Oddly enough, I have never been to DC. I was going to go before this happened – so it’s still on my list (which I will NOT call a bucket list).

2 Likes

#19 received:

#2 @ChristineC - vintage reprint of Santa delivering toys from an old fashioned plane, thank you! This card is so sweet and different.

#6 @mikeyz1 - reindeer in the snow, thank you! I’m glad to hear more people are decorating, it is fun to see the lights at night.

#9 @mere5oh - Alice In Wonderland “Merry Christmas,” thank you! Interesting card. While I live with my parents, if anything breaks I’ll go looking for a replacement at put those in their stockings. Often boxed food they like to eat - nuts, seasoning and spices, pasta. It gets repetitive every year, but they use it.

#21 @Beachyblonde - “Merry Christmas” Reindeer, thank you! This is one of the most elegant yet simple cards I’ve seen. I’ve been buying cards on ebay (not that I need more right now), haha! I can’t wait to travel and find more fun cards.

#22 @littleredtamale - “Season for Sharing” reindeer taking the snowman’s carrot nose, thank you! Hope you have a wonderful holiday season!

1 Like
  1. ChristineC

Received from 23.aanne an adorable Christmas illustration by Russian artist Alya Poddubnaya.

#6 reporting

#10 @emotis sent an awesome card with a note to President Trump!!! :slight_smile:

#12 @Yarn-Lady sent a great Giotto’s Adoration painting! Love it!

#13 @ladybug513 sent an awesome cardinal Christmas card.

1 Like

#18 Received

#5 @mere5oh Wow this temple in Spain is incredible, I’d love to see it some day too.

#10 @emotis I love the Great British Baking Show! It’s so wholesome.

#17 @YOIYUMTEWA This old NYC card is beautiful. I’ve never been to NYC but it’s on my bucket list.

#27 @PamUSAOhio We’ve just been getting rain here. It doesn’t really feel like Christmas yet. There are some lights in the city but not as much as usual. I miss our annual Christkindlmarket which was cancelled this year d/t COVID.

#29 @melvnoble I love this cat card with the tail covers. I’m sure my cats would hate those. I have a small sweater I got for my cat when she was a kitten because she was so small and looked so cold. She quickly grew out of it and I haven’t tried any sweaters since then, lol

3 Likes

#27 PamUSAOhio received

#6 @mikeyz1 Great card, Mike! Thank you. Christmas is different this year, but I think we’ll enjoy it just as much. :blush: :christmas_tree:

#12 @Yarn-Lady Thanks for the cute card, Cynthia. We had snow early on, but I fear the snow in this card’s picture is as close as we’ll get to a white Christmas. :grinning: :snowman:

#19 @ellistrations I like the reindeer on this card - Thank you, Barbara! I hope that move happens soon, but being with Mom and Dad on Christmas sounds good to me. :grinning: :christmas_tree:

#11 TandemStoker. I mailed all the postcards this morning. :smiley:

happy mail day for #7 treeclimber :slight_smile:

#6 @mikeyz1 - Christmas trees and great vintage stamps. Our postal carrier comes much later due to the volume. I can’t imagine.

#12 @Yarn-Lady - a cute kitty in a basket in the living room window and Christmas decorations all around. My cat loves baskets!

#15 @AccentOnHakes - the Indiana State Capitol and a Santa Clause Station postmark. The glass ceiling sounds wonderful.

#20 @Triol - a snowman and reindeer enjoying a candy cane together

#25 @jocrafts - a reindeer stealing a snowman’s carrot nose and great vintage stamps (all Christmas!)

#27 @PamUSAOhio - a Merry Christmas ornament. I’m sure your snow looks Christmas-y. I miss a good snow but I don’t handle the cold so well anymore.

Thanks everyone. Hope you all have a wonderful holiday :slight_smile:

Oh, for anyone stringing up their postcards… I never did find my miniature clothespins but found that small binder clips work well.

#15 has updates!

@mikeyz1 #6 very nice Nashville woodblock by LP. I haven’t been, unfortunately. I was supposed to go there for a conference this summer but it was cancelled for obvious reasons.
@Yarn-Lady @12 Oregon coast! I got to visit Haystack Rock and it was very cool. We saw the birds (I refused to leave until I found a puffin) and poked around the tidepools. :slight_smile:

And a special report:
@YOIYUMTEWA sent @jocrafts a very nice postcard that took a short jaunt down the road and ended up in my mailbox. The address is correct, so I’ll put it back out tomorrow for pickup.

1 Like

All of my cards went out in yesterday’s mail. Maybe the Ohio people will see them tomorrow :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Four Christmas cards have arrived from:

#9 @mere5oh - a very unusual, fantastical Alice in Wonderland themed Christmas card! Thank you very much! One of our family traditions, which will not take place this year, is to celebrate Christmas Eve with my brothers and sister. We all cook/bake very traditional Polish foods. We exchange gifts after dinner and the young ones love it because they get to open gifts before Christmas morning. We all are resigned to not being able to be together this year.

#10 @emotis – I am in love with this PHQ of A Christmas Carol with Bob Cratchit & Tiny Tim! We watch various versions of A Christmas Carol every year. My favorite – Alistair Sim. Like the washi and sticker. Thank you very much!

#25 @jocrafts – a cute holiday bear with a Merry Christmas! Lots of vintage postage and cute stickers! Thank you!

#27 @PamUSAOhio – Colorful Christmas trees which stand out on a dark background! Nice decorating! Thank you! We are expecting our first snow tomorrow, but probably mixed with rain later in the day. I’m torn between wishing for a white Christmas and a warm day so we can gather with our family to exchange gifts in someone’s backyard!

1 Like

#17 received a “cool” card today

#3 @Cruzin a Let It Snow card featuring a snowman. We are predicted to get 6-10 inches of snow this afternoon into tomorrow. You sent me such a “mean” wish, I am going to put in a request that the snow be diverted to California! LOL. :snowflake: :snowflake: :snowflake: :snowflake: :snowflake: :snowflake: :snowman_with_snow: :snowman:

2 Likes

#8 Shesa-Renegade here with a happy update!

@Cruzin sent a fun snowman postcard that says “Let it Snow!” It snowed here last night in Little Rock - we got 0.01 inch…HAHA I did not know that about the advent calendar! I saw an advent calendar the other day that was still being sold. Maybe I should pick it up for myself.

#4 @Angeldreamer sent a penguin card. I love how you decorated the back! I’m always surprised that 3D stickers make it through the postal machines. I definitely stayed home this week with the weather. The only time I went out was to walk my dog.

#6 @mikeyz1 sent a great postcard of different Christmas tree styles. The university closes on Friday at 5:00 pm and this will be the first year that I am going to take the 2-week break. I am exhausted. I have sworn to myself that I will not even check email during that time.

#12 @Yarn-Lady sent a cute sheep and dog postcard. They certainly do seem to be happy! Ice storms are the worst! I lived in a condo when I first moved to LR and they didn’t do anything to remedy the ice on the sidewalks. After nearly breaking my arm slipping and sliding one year while taking my dog for a short potty break, I decided to buy a home with a fenced in backyard for my dog. Now I just open the door to let her out.

#29 @melvnoble sent a Bossmobile postcard. WOW! That is such an interesting concept and I would love to ride in that car…haha. I have had Christmas carols on the radio since before Thanksgiving to bring in some holiday cheer.

Thank you, everyone!

To Receive: 1, 2, 5, 11, 14, 16, 20, 21, 23, 24, 25, 26, 28, 30

#7 checking in…

#26 @mebertram - a little girl kissing a reindeer - we have deer come through our yard since we’re near a greenway park but I haven’t seen one with antlers this huge. Merry Christmas!

Thanks so much to:
#8 @Shesa-Renegade —CHeerful snowy Christmas card. It’s snowing here now… but isn’t looking quite as nice.
#12 @Yarn-Lady — cute Mickey Christmas wishes. Never a fan of ice storms!!

To receive: 1, 3, 4, 11, 14, 16, 20, 21, 24, 26, 28, 30

#21 Update:
The rest of my cards were put in the mail!

I’ve received some awesome cards from:
@emotis (#10) - Thank you for the lovely PO Santa postcard! I hope your peanut brittle turns out!
@Yarn-Lady (#12) - Thank you for the adorable Lion and the Lamb postcard! We’ve only had rain, and more rain, no snow!
@jocrafts (#25) - Thank you for the funny Santa and his reindeer postcard!!
@PamUSAOhio (#27) - Thank you for the cute Merry Christmas postcard! I hope you enjoyed the snow!
@melvnoble (#29) - Thank you for the Ski Resort postcard! I’ve never been skiing either!

To Send:
To Receive: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 8, 9, 11, 14, 15, 16, 18, 20, 23, 24, 26, 28, 30

4.@Angeldreamer
sent all
To receive: 1, 3, 5 , 9, 11, 13, 14, 16, 17, 18, 20, 21, 23, 24, 25, 26, 28, 30

@ChristineC sent a beautiful vintage reprint of a child praying at her bedside and Santa is listening in. so sweet. I do love the innocence and simplicity in a lot of the older cards :innocent:

@mikeyz1 sent an awesome holiday card showing 3 hedghogs in coffee cups with a santa cap and a decorated mug. this is so great and will likely get copied and reprinted for some friends of mine that are totally into hedgehogs. This image is fantastic! I am very anti-amazon…I hate how Bezos runs the company and abuses his employees…and by extension the usps employees as well. I only buy from there if it is a last resort. I haven’t even thought of what to get my dad this year. lol. leaving it a little late. I will likely bake him something at this point. My time is more valuable to him anyway and he has wanted me to make some mexican treats for a while that will bring back memories of New Mexico and I didn’t really want to…guess I will do that for him :innocent:

@Shesa-Renegade sent an awesome birthday card to me showing a kid being pulled into the air with 100 balloons in his hand. so cute!! Thank you, and yes, I had a good day!! :innocent:

@melvnoble sent a beautiful art card of The Holiday by Maurice Pendergast from 1907-1909. I lived in Australia for a year, so yes, I got quite used to people saying ‘on holiday’ for just a weekend away even. lol It makes it even more special in my mind to hear people say it like that :innocent:

judging by what gets handed to me as ‘raw mail’ (or mail that did not go thru the machines) when I work my own route and see my own postcards come in…a lot of the postcards and most all with 3d stickers get taken out at some point and hand walked somewhere :innocent: so if I think the postcard is actually on the thin side I am more likely to make sure I put 3d stickers on it! lol

#16 received cards from:

• #2 @ChristineC sent a vintage Christmas reprint of kids at a Christmas tree. Happy holidays to you, too!
  • #6 @mikeyz1 sent typewriter illustrations. High school kids can be so terrible. But at least you got a huge headstart in typing skills.
  • #10 @emotis sent a twelve days of Christmas postage stamp card. Happy holidays to you, too!
  • #18 @TravelingKatie sent a Salem, MA card with a cut-out moon. Very cool! My partner and I have been thinking about buying a house soon, too.
  • #25 @jocrafts sent a card that says “Dear Santa, it was 2020’s fault!” Super appropriate card for this year lol. Hope 2021 is much better for all of us!
  • #26 @mebertram sent a snowy painted scene. Happy holidays to you, too!

Thanks, all! Happy holidays.

1. ChristineC

Received from 12. @Yarn-Lady a beautiful painting by Walter Crane, called Neptune’s Horses. Thank you so much!