[RR] North American December 2020 Round Robin - New Location, All the Fun Edition - Closed

#15 received two wonderful holiday cards together.

@Cruzin #3 said, “let it snow”! It was supposed to snow today but it just rained instead. We are supposed to have temperatures in the teens on Christmas day followed by snow.
@TandemStoker #11 LP “peace” with a lion and lamb design. Thank you!

@Angeldreamer
SENT ALL
To receive: 11, 16, 18, 20, 25, 30

@cawindt 1 Ontario landscape full of snow! I usually say let it snow as well, just not on a Saturday! Haha. I have been fairly lucky to not have to work on most of the truly bad weather days….knock on wood.
@cruzin 3 cute xmas tree graphic card….I will get a cricut eventually, probably for xmas as well. I still do things the old fashioned way…by hand, but I am seeing more and more how great they are.
@carolreader 5 fantastic vintage card with a Christmas poem and ‘love moths’…well, they are colorful so I still would call them butterflies as well! (hmmm they were rather morbid whenever this poem was written weren’t they? Haha)
@mere5oh 9 cute Alice inspired Christmas card with the Rabbit in his holiday best. I miss seeing the luminarias. We have too much wind in Oklahoma for anything to be standing even if I tried to line my driveway with some (I have some sacks with cute snowflakes cut out and bought a ton of tea lights to do it one year) As for our family traditions…it used to be that we had xmas at Thanksgiving, for about 20 years, so that we celebrated with my brother and then he and his wife could go to her family for xmas…now my dad and I just have a simple affair at home.
@ladybug513 13 angels placing stars in the sky…I love this saying and had never heard it before! )the night sky sparkles because each star is a jewel carried by an angel :slight_smile:
@MeaganMS 14 pretty Chrysanthemum and birthday greetings! Thanks so much!
@Yoiyumtewa 17 vintage reprint New Year’s card from 1874-1895 era. I do love the art work on these old cards! Thanks for the birthday greetings as well. We had 70 degree weather yesterday and tonight is going to be 23…yea, just a little windy and cold today!! I also stayed inside and got caught up on some cards and mailings!!
@BeachyBlonde 21 awesome Lantern Press vintage reprint with Santa going down a chimney, this is such an unusual looking Santa, I love it!!!
@aanne 23 cute illustration of a snowy owl in a green mitten. So sweet! Thanks! I love the cards from Grape-art too!
@roxy 24 great vintage reprint santa, I love your specialty stickers! You might need to move south a bit for green Christmasses…we have about a 80/20 chance for one here…we always hope for White. Haha
@mebertram 26 sweet little angel child holding up a candle to light the way, thanks for the birthday greetings as well!
@AmberMcD 28 a merry little Hedgehog, so cute!! I hope your class is staying healthy. Our kids went back to school but it shut down in early December and went back to virtual.
1 Like

just need to cover the orange bar code marks with washi tape and toss it back in. cover up any black bar codes as well. I suspect it is just a victim of the swamped sorting plants right now. Many have no room to move :frowning: and too many employees out for the mandatory 2 weeks for covid.

#19 ellistrations received

#1 @cawindt - Hanukkat, thank you! This card also makes me smile like the cat, haha! I still go in to work every day though I’d love to have the opportunity to work from home some days. The roads do t feel safe and there’s always traffic. At least cats help destress!

#8 @Shesa-Renegade - fireplace for my challenge, thank you! These fireplace cards make me feel more cozy during this time, especially as it gets colder.

#11 @TandemStoker - Nature Magazine, dog holding a basket with a kitten by a front door, thank you! Cute card! Happy Holidays and well wishes to you.

#14 @MeaganMS - a cat and two bunnies dressed and posed for a photo, thank you! I have been going through a ton of Pillsbury cookie dough in the tube packaging. I’m trying to minimize the amount I eat cause I could get so carried away in one sitting with a tub! That’s dangerous, haha!

#27 @PamUSAOhio received some cards today…

#8 @Shesa-Renegade sent a photo of a moose standing in a lake at sunrise. Thank you, Rene!

#9 @mere5oh sent a Christmas card of candles in jars. Thank you, Meredith!

#15 @AccentOnHakes sent a photo of a Great Blue Heron. Thank you, Karen! There are herons here at the lake near where my mom and dad used to live. Gorgeous birds!

#21 @Beachyblonde sent a snow globe Christmas card. Thank you, Whitney!

#23 @Aanne sent a Christmas card showing assorted decorations and what looks like a very good pie. Thank you, Josianne!

#24 @roxy sent a bright red card with Merry Christmas in gold. Thank you, Brenda! It’s snowless around here, too, but there’s some hope for tomorrow night.

To receive: 2, 4, 11, 14, 16, 20, 22, 25, 28, 30

1 Like
  1. ChristineC

More cards to report!

Received from:
4. Angeldreamer a cute Merry Christmas card from Oologah with gnomes
8. shesa-renegade a card saying “I survived the great toilet paper panic”
10. emotis a LouPaper postcard inviting to eat, drink and be merry!

Thank you all for the great cards, nice assortment of stamps and decorations!

#5 - more cards:

A birthday bonus card from @Yarn-Lady. What a nice surprise! I had a great birthday – celebrated with one friend, had wine and a nice dinner. Thank you for thinking of me.

#3 @cruzin – “Let it Snow” - very apt for northeast Ohio today, as we’re expecting a lot of snow. I’m 35 miles south of Lake Erie (and a little west of the winds off the lake), so I don’t get the worst of it.

#26 @mebertram – a pretty drawing of a New York street in the blowing snow. At least snow is pretty! I haven’t had quite enough time to get used to winter yet this year, though.

Thanks!!

#29 Two postcards arrived!

#1 @cawindt - Love this commemorative stamp postcard! Women just kick butt! Thank you!

View Postcard

#3 @Cruzin - Let it Snow! Such a cute little snowman! We might actually get a good snowfall tonight to bring us a white Christmas! Thank you!

View Postcard

Received more great cards with great postage and fun use of markers, stickers, and washi!

Have a Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, and Wishes for Happiness and Health in 2021!

#1 @cawindt
Trump Tower Chicago. It is a beautiful modern design. I hope you enjoy your time off. Great postage. Thank you, Craig!

#3 @Cruzin
A fun Season’s Greetings illustration - a winter scene of a home in a mason jar. I hear mason jars are hard to find these days with all the canning that’s being done. How is your daughter enjoying her Cricut? Thank you, Lori!

#4 @Angeldreamer
Merry Christmas from the Oologah gnomes! Did you make this card? It’s so cute. We won’t get snow on Christmas, and I’ve seen tumbleweed snowmen and they’re pretty cute. Thank you, Cynthia!

#5 @carolreader
It’s a Wonderful Life! This card brings back so many very happy memories. One of our best friends always had a get together at his Mom’s place every Christmas Eve. We’d enjoy his Mom’s homemade tamales and then he’d “make” us watch It’s a Wonderful Life. Our group of friends always groaned the minute he’d pop in the VHS tape, but deep down, we enjoyed what became a tradition during our 20s. Thank you, Carol!

#6 @mikeyz1
A Lantern Press beach scene, Gulf Shores, Alabama. Such a great design. Have all your packages arrived to fill the stockings? I mailed out a 2-3 Day Priority Mail package to Ohio on Dec 7th and it finally arrived yesterday (Dec 23). After seeing a pic of the boxes of mail at a Cleveland post office, I was just happy the package arrived and didn’t get lost! Thank you, Mike!

#8 @Shesa-Renegade
Fun storyboard scene from Knick Knack which makes me smile. Here’s the short: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c43oD22i4Sg I think I will make it a point to build a tiny snowman the next time it snows. Thank you, Rene!

#26 @mebertram
Beautiful Merry Christmas Greetings. Merry Christmas and thank you, Mary Ellen!

#27 @PamUSAOhio
Cute snowman! We have just a bit of snow left from last week’s storm but it looks like tomorrow will be cold and clear here. Stay warm! Thank you, Pam!

#30 @RockyRoadTrip
Such a proper couple, properly dressed, and properly behaving in front of a church (there’s no cross, but it looks like a church to me). I can’t imagine wearing all those types of clothes, but while typing this, I’m actually wearing a puffy jacket over my pjs while a little heater is keeping my feet warm. A trip to the Caribbean sounds wonderful right now! Thank you, Rocky!

@cawindt #1 - Thank you for the all holidays illustrated card! The stamp found a new home on it’s way to me! Seems to be happening quite a bit to me lately! lol

@Cruzin #3 - Thank you for the noel Christmas card!

@Angeldreamer #4 - Thank you for the cute gnome Xmas card and the adorable stickers!

@treeclimber #7 - Thank you for the snowflake card!

@TandemStoker #11 - Thank you for the LP lion peace card!

@MeaganMS #14 - Thank you for the painted woman with coffee and a christmas tree card!

@Triol #20 - Thank you for the Partridge in a pear tree card!

@Beachyblonde #21 - Thank you for the Santa lighting lanterns LP card!

@AmberMcD #28 - Thank you for the be joyful card!

@RockyRoadTrip #30 - Thank you for the vintage snow scene card!

To receive: 16, 24

1. ChristineC

Reveived from 29. melvnoble House of Fabergé forget-me-not and cranberry.
Pure beauties. Thank you so much!

#17 received these cool cards today:

#8 @Shesa-Renegade Cute little “art” rabbit wearing a scarf

#11 @TandemStoker a Christmas-time cover of Nature Magazine with a German shepard dropping off a kitten in a basket at a door that is decorated with a holiday wreath

Yes, I found a picture I liked and added the text. In the early pandemic a postcard company had a fantastic sale and I quickly did up a bunch and was able to order as few as 25 for $6! I spent over $100 and still wish I had done 2 or 3 times that. I need to make up a bunch of cards in my spare time and just keep them on the computer for when I see quick sales again.

@Angeldreamer
SENT ALL
To receive: 11, 16, 18, 20, 30

@jocrafts a choir of snowmen! Dad and I are also planning a quiet day at home…I need it…I had no idea what to get him this year so told him I didn’t get him anything he can open…but I will give of my time and energy and bake him some stuff he has been wanting for a while…delicacies of my youth in New Mexico that are not offered in mexican restaurants here. (and I loved the special Santa envelope!!!)

#19 ellistrations received

#15 @AccentOnHakes - beautiful landscape view in Wyoming, thank you! Hahaha, the animal hand motions? I hadn’t thought of those in a very long time! I remember them but not how to do them. The awkward turtle sounds very familiar! :slight_smile:

Thank you to

#8 @shesa-renegade for the hilarious snowman card. I love that it reminds you of your son! I have known a few kids like that :wink:

#14 @MeaganMS for the great New Orleans card. Love the RBG sticker! In fact, I loved it so much I just ordered some sheets of them!

And updated! Merry Christmas everyone!

Thank you as always @cawindt

#6 reporting more:

#1 @cawindt sent a lovely card with a Rosa Parks quote.

#2 @ChristineC sent fun snowmen!

#14 @MeaganMS sent a great card of somebody meditating in the woods.

#24 @Beachyblonde sent a great cardinals in winter LP card! LOVE LOVE IT!

#26 @mebertram sent a fun snow gypsies card about horses. Beautiful horses!

#30 @RockyRoadTrip sent a great cartoon about work!

Thank you all :slight_smile:

@carolreader #5 sent a GREAT card for me! “May your demons slumber and your wine glass be full” with an image of a deer with a skull head. I love, love, LOVE this! I am so happy that it arrived with the front in good condition.

1 Like

More happy mail to report:
#11 @TandemStoker sweet LP Christmas card— love the pup!!

@24 @roxy vintage candy cane… love the postage (uncancelled) and deco!

To receive: 4, 14, 16, 20, 28