[RR] North American December 2020 Round Robin - New Location, All the Fun Edition - Closed

#7 treeclimber checking in…

#1 @cawindt - Central College with a cool statue and vintage stamps. sorry you missed your 25th reunion. best wishes for a happy 2021 :slight_smile:

#1 @cawindt – Beautiful Denali Park and the highest mountain in North America
#11 @TandemStoker – Cute Christmas cover of Nature Magazine, Jan. 1934. The cover price of the magazine was 34c–Wow!
#15 @AccentOnHakes – Sweet “Walk With Me in Moonlight” card. Thank you for the note about Steven Jobs. I didn’t know that.
#23 @Aanne – Little girl celebrating Christmas with her dog. So cute!
Thank you! Merry Christmas!

My cards are finally sent! I’ve received some awesome cards and will post updates for that ASAP!

I hope everyone has a wonderful holiday season and let’s PLEASE have a better 2021!

1. ChristineC

More cards to report!
Received from:
5. carolreader an illustration of bookstore at Christmas time – I hope too it’s not closed forever!
19. ellistrations a view of Postano – my parents’ favorite place in Italy!
24. roxy a cute Christmas vintage card that says it all: Home for Christmas!

Thank you all for the great cards and stamps, the cute stickers and the kind words!

Happy mailbox here yesterday:

#20 @Triol sent “happy new craft year” featuring some beautiful knitting and other crafty bits and bobs.

#21 @Beachyblonde sent a gorgeous Lou Paper Christmas card!! I love it!

#29 @melvnoble sent an adorable Kliban cat… all bundled up for winter. Cute!

#23 aanne sent the cutest Santa doing yoga card. It’s good that he can take time to decompress like that! :slight_smile:

#29 Four postcards to report and all are vertical which is fun!

#9 @mere5oh - A tokidoki postcard! I’m not super familiar either but my goodness are they cute! Thanks!

View Postcard

#12 @Yarn-Lady - An adorable sheep and happy wreath! They look so joyful, I also can’t help but smile! Thanks!

View Postcard

#14 @MeaganMS - “Sweet Dreams!” This is such a sweet illustration! I love all the creatures taking a little snooze together. <3 Thanks!

View Postcard

# 26 @mebertram - Santa and a Snowman! This is so sweet and reminds me of those old Coca-Cola ads with jolly Santa. Also reminds me of the Campbell’s soup ad with the melting snowman…that’s capitalist Christmas for ya! :laughing: Thanks!

View Postcard

1 Like

#7 checking in…

#4 @Angeldreamer - a happy Santa and snowman and vintage Christmas stamps. Glad you got your lights up. We’re keeping it simple too with a few snowmen around the living room and I’ve been stringing up received postcards this year. Have a Merry Christmas!

@cawindt #1 Oh my goodness…I would have felt like crying, too. You have been working so hard. You made it, though!!! Enjoy the break you so deserve.
@Angeldreamer #4 These gnomes are so cute! That is a THICK foam sticker. Wow!

Late on seeing this, but how nuts is that!! So weird! I think that’s happened to me, where I received someone else’s postcrossing postcard. It’s almost like USPS knows where all of the postcrossers are and are like shucks this person needs an extra hello :stuck_out_tongue:

1. ChristineC

Received from 25. jocrafts a great card to forget all about 2020 with a fabulous assortment of stamps and stickers! Thank you so much!

#18 Received
#6 @mikeyz1 Thanks for the holiday card!

#11 @TandemStoker Thanks for the Christmas card!

#8 Shesa-Renegade checking in with some wonderful postcards!!

#1 @cawindt sent a postcard with cute sheep and a lighthouse. I love that the top of this card is cut out. I’m so glad that you had a relaxing weekend. Be sure to take a good rest on your vacation. Remember, you can’t pour from an empty cup!

#11 @TandemStoker sent a great Lantern Press card from Colorado. Thank you for the 2021 well wishes! I hope that this year brings us all peace and love.

#14 @MeaganMS sent a card with tea and cookies on the front. I literally just made this Linzer cookie yesterday! Every year I like to experiment with a new cookie, and this one did not disappoint. I made 3 batches yesterday - two to take to friends and one for me. I have heard of the peanut butter cookies with the kiss in the middle, but not chocolate. It makes sense, though! This might have to be my cookie for next year. Also, LOVE the RBG stamp from postage stamp protest.

#21 @Beachyblonde sent a Holly, Jolly Christmas card. I am jolly and round this year…does that count? I’m looking forward to the new year, too.

#28 @AmberMcD sent a “Be Joyful” bunny illustration. I am so excited that you are going to be back in the classroom next semester. I am going back in a hybrid format, but plan on being fully in the classroom next fall. Come on, vaccine!!

#30 @RockyRoadTrip sent a vintage-style “Bright be your Christmas” card. I am headed to a friends house for dinner on Christmas. We have both been stringently social distancing for almost 2 weeks knowing that we wanted to get together for the holiday. She is cooking prime rib and I am bringing all of the sides. It will be nice to share a table with a friend. As for shipping, my last items should be delivered to me, today, so I’m all good. Hope everything of yours arrived safe and sound.

To Receive: 2, 16, 20, 23, 24

Received these great cards! Lots of fun colors, thoughtful and sweet sentiments, and the addition of festive washi, postage, and stickers!

Wishing you all a Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, and Wishes for Happiness and Health in 2021!

:heart: Shirley

#2 @ChristineC
Christmas Greetings showing kids pointing to Santa and his reindeer. Merry Christmas, Christine!

#7 @treeclimber
Adorable card of kids decorating a very tall snowman. Thank you, Deb!

#9 @mere5oh
Merry Christmas from the Mad Hatter! Love the colors in this. We won’t be traveling this year but a special holiday tradition was getting together at my brother’s house with our siblings and families and doing a white elephant after a big dinner! Thank you, Meredith!

#10 @emotis
Wonderful! The Twelve Days of Christmas of Nine drummers drumming and Ten Pipers piping. I love that these designs were made into stamps. Thank you, Erin!

#12 @Yarn-Lady
A vintage Mickey eyeing presents under the Christmas tree. Love the collage background. The mountains are expecting snow today and just a little here. The winds are howling though. Thank you, Cynthia!

#13 @ladybug513
Beautiful vintage Santa. It’s been ages since I’ve been in a Hallmark store. I’ll need to go just to see what postcards they have. Thank you, Susan!

#15 @AccentOnHakes
Hurray! Beautiful Eric Carle peacock and fun postmark from Santa Claus, IN! I love it! Thank you, Karen!

#17 @YOIYUMTEWA
B&W photo of the Joseph Horne and Company store in downtown Pittsburgh showing shoppers and greeted by Santa. People love to shop! Thank you, Rick!

#18 @TravelingKatie
Views of Salem, MA. 52 books in 52 weeks is a great goal. I’m glad the Jay Shetty book is helping. Thank you, Katie!

#19 @ellistrations
A Lantern Press of Cades Cove & John Oliver Cabin in Great Smoky Mountains NP. I love that you spoil your best friend’s fur babies! Thank you, Barbara!

#20 @Triol
Beautiful illustration of Christmas presents and ornaments. Wishing you all the best, too, Olga!

#21 @Beachyblonde
A Lantern Press Gift Pattern - Retro Christmas! I’m happy to add this to my LP collection. I used to put a lot of time into wrapping presents until the gift bag came along LOL! Thank you, Whitney!

#23 @Aanne
Cute illustration of a cozy bed with pillows … one pillow with a tree atop a red car. Nice to meet you and thank you, Josianne!

#25 @jocrafts
Adorable illustration of - what I think is - a hedgehog?!? Beautiful assortment of Christmas postage and washi. Thank you, Jo!

#29 @melvnoble
B&W of Ninth and G Streets, NW in Washington in 1913, showing people, carriages and trolleys after a snowfall. I am a cautious driver and I’m more worried about how the other drivers drive in the snow LOL. Thank you, Mel!

1 Like

Thanks for adding this link here. I’ll go and sign up now!

#23. I received:

#29 @melvnoble : a beautiful Tiffany piece of art
#20 @Triol : a funny Santa too big for the small chimney! :stuck_out_tongue:
#5 @carolreader : a nice Norman Rockwell card
#15 @AccentOnHakes : a beautiful meetup/Garfield card
#25 @jocrafts : a super cute deer card
#19 @ellistrations : a cute panda

Thank you all for the beautiful postcards :smiley:

#4 @Angeldreamer – Three cute elves from Oologah. We’ve had our first snow of the season here, too–not enough for a snowman.
#5 @carolreader – Three cute dogs under the Christmas tree. This is our puppy’s first Christmas, and he is fascinated by the Christmas tree. The tree’s bare at the bottom–no ornaments are within his reach!
Happy holidays!

when they are stuck together in the initial sort…the bar code is printed in orange on the back of the stuck one which takes it to the address of the one on the front…that one, may or may not get unstuck and get moved along to its place, but the barcode will make the one behind go to wrong address until it is covered up. This time of year, with adding washi tape and stickers etc and more mail, so the sorting machines are running fast the opportunity for postcards to stick together is even higher.

Dropped all my cards off today!

I have heard of postcards getting stuck together and arriving as a bonus package, but I forgot about the barcoding. I wonder if that’s what happened. It hasn’t shown back up at my place (Jo? Is it with you yet?) so I hope it gets sorted out. If it comes back a second time it will have earned itself an envelope.