[RR] North American April 2022 Round Robin - The Make Postcards, Not War Edition - Closed!

Hello Everyone!

I have mailed all my postcards today April 14 in Sherwood Park, Alberta, Canada.

@cawindt, @CrimsonKing, @Cruzin, @jenhart, @carolreader, @mikeyz1, @alcott1, @Shesa-Renegade , @scoutingbear, @SecretCityGrl, @HookedonPostcards, @Yarn-Lady, @ladybug513, @jacieslar, @AccentOnHakes, @NittanyLionRI, @anon34290437, @LaurenceB, @ellistrations, @Triol, @Beachyblonde, @uconn, @suatelier, @roxy, @teddypostcrossing, @Susaninutah, @TwoDoggies, @melvnoble, @RockyRoadTrip watch your mailboxes!

Happy Easter! :hatching_chick:

9 Likes

A good mailbox day. And can I send a shoutout to the Canadian postal machines that did not cancel the beautiful stamps?!

#15 @AccentOnHakes Seriously? Karl? No, fog should be named Horatio (hornblower). Love “sentient seasonal visitor.”

#23 @suatelier sent the stamps Peace sign card. I like the assortment you’ve chosen for this theme.

#24 @roxy Glad to be here. Thanks for the lovely bronze maiden to add to my graveyard collection.

#25 @teddypostcrossing I’ve wandered around Chautauqua, but never attended any events. Great ice cream, tho. A treat to see my flatlander nephews (try to) run the trails!

Thanks, everybody.

2 Likes

It’s been snowing and melting for several days - your cards cheered me up!

1 - @cawindt - The dove of Peace over the Ukranian flag - may it be so! Unfortunately, the back got wet and the ink ran, but I was able to figure out most of it!!! Kind of it not to get on the address!
3 - @Cruzin - Delightful card - a buffalo and a rabbit having tea. I love her art!
6 - @mikeyz1 - North Dakota capitol building - very different - Oregon’s is pretty strange too!
7 - @alcott1 - Little harbor - vintage and charming - what a delightful card - I envy you the postcard show!
15 - @AccentOnHakes - A beautiful green Wisconsin with an old barn! How nice for a friend to move to a place you can visit that is pretty!!!
18 - @LaurenceB - a long-tailed tit - what a beauty it is! I use all wine given to me for cooking! LOL
25 - @teddypostcrossing - Year of the Tiger - it was my favorite holiday growing up - so much excited and food and noise!!! It really is interesting!
26 - @susaninutah - a 1919 bandstand in Niwot - I love it - I can see it decorated and hear the music!
28 - @TwoDoggies - Blue Cats - in Jazz! What a delightful card!
30 - @RockyRoadTrip - Delaware Map card - great pictures!!! I drove through the corner of Delaware heading to Baltimore once - always wanted to go back - maybe one day!

Thank you all for the lovely cards!

1 Like

#14 @jacieslar All of my postcards are in the mail! I have received many and will thank all soon. Unfortunately my little mountain town is on fire with mandatory evacuations as well as loss of power, structures and several lives. We are safe but would appreciate all postcrossing friends’ positive thoughts.

2 Likes

#16 NittanyLionRI - it’s so nice coming home to a full mailbox after work. Thank you all :blush:

#6 @mikeyz1 -sent a pretty California wildflower card. Time is flying, looking forward to attending my nephew’s college graduation next month.

#8 @Shesa-Renegade - sent a funny owl card “It’s Monday Again?!!”. I work a lot of weekends and have Mondays off, when I do, so they are not all bad :grin:

#14 @jacieslar - sent a beautiful sunset card with an inspirational Dalai Lama quote. So sorry to hear about the wild fires in your area. It must be so frightening, thoughts are with you and your town’s residents.

#15 @AccentOnHakes - sent a City View of Madison, Wisconsin. My son says the same thing about fear of falling and has been practicing falling to get more comfortable :woman_climbing:

1 Like

Fall drills are a real thing! I did a little of that last week.

@CrimsonKing #2 Thank you for the great Yosemite poster! The machines tried to chew it up but didn’t quite succeed. I think it gives it character.
@Shesa-Renegade #8 San Salvador, The Bahamas! You work in an amazing field. One of my close friends wanted to be a marine biologist in high school. He’s a civil engineer now (but he does work with water). I think it suits him much better, but I’ve never known him as anything else.
@jacieslar #14 Thank you for the lovely quote! Today was a good day because our boss treated us to Starbucks. It was already afternoon and I’m pretty sensitive to caffeine, so I got the Dragon Drink. I love the freeze dried dragonfruit bits!
@suatelier #23 I love this rainbow peace card. Happy early Earth Day!
@Susaninutah #26 Thanks for the great Seattle card. How awesome that your daughter will get to work at Zion! That’s an incredible area.

3 Likes

18 reporting!

25 @teddypostcrossing sent Spring & Easter feels in my mailbox! Beautiful card of a flamingo with 8!!! legs, complete with rabbit, all the spring and rabbit stamps and fuzzy stickers!!! I just love how the whole card theme is a combination of flowers, rabbits and flamingos!! Thank you so much :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

#8 Shesa-Renegade with three more postcards in my mailbox today!

#16 @NittanyLionRI sends a card of beautiful red wildflowers found in the desert on a cactus. I have not been to either of the parks yet, but they are on my list! This year I’m headed to Yellowstone, Grand Tetons, and the Badlands.

#23 @suatelier sends a wonderful Peace card from Papersisters. I just bought this set of cards, too. They are so lovely.

#25 @teddypostcrossing sends a lovely painting postcard of two women in a meadow picking flowers. Like you, I would love to be in this painting, too.

Already in my mailbox!: 1, 2, 3, 5, 7, 9, 10,12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 22, 23, 24, 25, 28 30
To receive: 4, 6, 11, 14, 20, 21, 26, 27, 29

2 Likes

#22 uconn

#6 @mikeyz1 cool museum card, we have something like 700 museums of some sort in CT this guy is trying to write about them all

CTMQ

#8 @Shesa-Renegade I’ve never tried conch. Thanks for this card

#14 @jacieslar Great card, thank you

#15 @AccentOnHakes A nice Renoir painting, thanks!

1 Like

Glad you are safe, but it sounds like a rather precarious situation.
Take care, dear Postcrossing friend! :hugs:

#9 Reporting

#7 @alcott1 Sends a vintage card about Texas. I’ve never been to a postcard show but its something I would like to do!

#8 @Shesa-Renegade sends a card about shooting stars. We are hoping to get to one of the “star parks” this year for stargazing with my Girl Scouts. Hopefully Death Valley in the winter.

#14 @jacieslar Sends an Earth Day card. I was in Tucson years and years ago during spring and the Saguaro National Park was amazing

#26 @Susaninutah Sends a home made star gazing card. I love it! Glad it was in an envelope as the adhesive released from the back so I’ll be fixing it before filing it.

1 Like

#11 reporting, card received from –

• #2, @CrimsonKing - Lovely Piglet! Thank you! I didn’t have it yet, so thanks for thinking of me! :hugs:
  • #25, @teddypostcrossing - thanks for the new word: me, too, an anthophile! And a Postcrossing-phile! :rofl: I saw Rivera’s incredible murals in the Presidential Palace in Mexico City, as well as some of his works in a Kahlo co-exhibition in Toronto a few years ago. So amazing to see in person! I am currently reading “Art and Rivalry”; a biography of a Canadian artist couple, Mary and Christopher Pratt. Some of those creative couples do have their issues! This week, it’s Johnny Depp and Amber Heard with gloves off in the courts. Yeesh!
  • #28, @TwoDoggies - thank you for tackling an April challenge! Lovely. I love poetry so a perfect card. We’ve just finished our income tax. I don’t mind paying, as long as we continue to have health care and decent education at all levels.

Thank you all for the happy mail! :dancer:

1 Like

#28 @TwoDoggies reports:

#1 @cawindt a Ukraine Dove of Peace. I am thankful for this card. Every day I listen to news about this and it is almost a reprise of the 4 years Trump was in office. Just endless frustration and disgust.

#2 @CrimsonKing Dolores Huerta activist, an American labor leader and civil rights activist who, with Cesar Chavez, is a co-founder of the National Farmworkers Association, which later merged with the Agricultural Workers Organizing Committee to become the United Farm Workers. (thanks Wikipedia and Lesly to contributing to my continuing education of the world).

#3 @Cruzin two rabbits having a tea party. Clever idea to brush the dog outside to give the birds an opportunity to use the hair for nesting. Lazy birds.

#6 @mikeyz1 a retro card of Cochiti Indian dancers performing a hoop dance at a ceremonial in New Mexico. I feel honored that you’ve shared this card from your little kid collection. I will treasure it!

#8 @Shesa-Renegade scuba diving in the Bahamas. Were you able to scuba or snorkel? That’s my favorite.

#9 @scoutingbear Stephen Hawking portrait. I have not seen the Theory of Everything. Adding to my to do list!

#12 @Yarn-Lady Timberline Lodge, Mt. Hood NF.

#13 @ladybug513 Franz Melchers Lithograph I’m curious to know what the square side blinders are called on this woman’s headpiece. The reason is some time ago I got a black and white vintage photo card of two women on motorcycles. They had these “blinders” on and I thought it was just a weird photo. Now it seems they have a use or meaning.

#14 @jacieslar “whereever life plants you, bloom with kindness and grace”. Good advice!

#16 @NittanyLionRI Death Valley NP with sailing stones. What an awesome and scary vacation! Do you have any rugs in your house that “sail”? My parents did.

#17 @anon34290437 Indiana open range. My husband is from Indiana. Welcome to PC!

#23 @suatelier Peace stamp I agree with your sentiments of peace, equality and justice.

#24 @roxy Vintage poster reprint of Sonja Henie movie called Wintertime. I’ve never seen any of her movies either.

#25 @teddypostcrossing birds and flora in blue. I do love wild birds. I was receiving so many bird postcards that I downloaded an APP called Picture Bird and so far it has really accurately identified bird pictures I upload. I recently snapped a picture of a bird in my back yard and the APP identified it as a Coopers Hawk which I never would have known.

5 Likes

#16 NittanyLionRI

Thanks to #23 @suatelier for the lovely peace, dove card. I love the stamps you used.

1 Like

#21 BeachyBlonde

I have sent:
2 3 5 7 8 10 12 14-17 22 23 25-30

The rest will be out this weekend!

I have also received a ton of postcards and will thank everyone this weekend!

We snorkeled. I’m just not brave enough to lead scuba with students. There is so much that can go wrong.

#8 Shesa-Renegade with three more postcards in my mailbox today!

#6 @mikeyz1 sent a beautiful card of flowers. They are gorgeous! I hope that you have a great time in Seattle. It is one of my favorite conference cities. Several years ago I rented a car for the day and headed to see Mount St. Helens. It was so worth it! But then again, I am a geologist and love that kind of stuff…haha.

#14 @jacieslar sends an Earth Day card! I agree that everyday should be Earth Day. I hope you have had a great time in Tucson. I have never been but it’s on my list. Buy yourself the flowers. You are worth it!

#26 @Susaninutah sends me a handmade card of sea creatures!! The Victorians did have vivid imaginations, although we do keep finding new crazy creatures we never knew existed. Maybe they were on to something!?!?

Already in my mailbox!: 1, 2, 3, 5, 6, 7, 9, 10,12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 28 30
To receive: 4, 11, 20, 21, 27, 29

#3 rec’d

#6 @mikeyz1 New Yorker - Amazon delivery next to book store…2008, I think before Amazon carried everything including the kitchen sink! Flying for first time since pandemic will be odd!

#7 @alcott1 nice vintage card! I love looking through old postcards at shops!

#8 @Shesa-Renegade Great underwater sculpture from the Bahamas! Sounds like a great research trip!

#12 @Yarn-Lady Nirvana! Dave Grohl looks so young!!

#14 @jacieslar Great handmade washi tape card! Love it! Sounds like a good time in Tucson!

#18 @LaurenceB Very cool wooden card! Dogs and postmarks!! You must have a lot of snow if the rain didn’t get rid of it!

#23 @suatelier Happy Earth Day and Justice, Peace and Equality!!! All things I stand behind! I really like this peace dove card!!

#24 @roxy What an awesome card! Skull in the box while sitting on a gravestone! Love it!

#26 @Susaninutah Great great handmade card! Bat boys in the locker room!! Love it!!

#28 @TwoDoggies Putin……we are going to start going to movies (matinee) again - but I’m also perfectly fine waiting a month to watch at home now that we have a media room (hubby’s project during Covid)!

Thank you all for the great cards and words!

2 Likes

#19 received

#14 @jacieslar - whale watercolor, thank you! Had a great day today and it’s made better with the mail! A vacation sounds wonderful. I could use one every week. :laughing:

#15 @AccentOnHakes - 3D pandas, thank you! I love this and the stamps. I think finding any cards on a trip is lucky these days. I hope you had a wonderful time!

#26 @Susaninutah - handmade card, thank you! Dis you ever get your snow this week? Once it’s March, we’re ready for summer and warm weather, we couldn’t handle this much cold, haha!

#28 @TwoDoggies - UP house floating away, thank you! We’ve finished our taxes and I’ve already received one return. Nice to not owe anything this year. Definitely a pain though.