[RR] North American April 2022 Round Robin - The Make Postcards, Not War Edition - Closed!

[b]#3[b] received

#4 @jenhart very cool Girl Power skeleton/flowers card! I always miss and worry about my fur babies when I’m gone!

#21 @Beachyblonde LP Orange Beach, AL card! Hope you got one fishing trip!

#29 @melvnoble Salvador Dali! We have a Dali museum here - very small though.

Thank you all!

#19 received

#20 @Triol - Spring Lou Paper, thank you! I’m hoping for a brighter future as well, the sooner the better!

#23 @suatelier - Peace on Earth, thank you! Beautiful stamps as well! To Peace!

2 Likes

#19 also received

#8 @Shesa-Renegade - sandcastle in Bahamas, thank you! I love specific collections and finding cards just for them, it’s fun! I really like this one. :blush:

1 Like

#4 @jenhart – Illustration from Mr. Happy at the Seaside–all those little characters look happy!
#11 @HookedonPostcards – Beautiful sunflowers! So appropriate now! I love the stickers on the back.
#20 @Triol – Miles Davis–such a gifted musician!
#21 @Beachyblonde – An inviting Alabama beach–It’s been a long time since I’ve been to a beach, too. Since I’ve been anywhere! This summer, though, I intend to travel.
Thank you!
I missed the deadline for the May RR–see you all in June!

2 Likes

#10 @SecretCityGrl had a great postcard day!

#4 @jenhart sent a Panama City Beach card and shared a tidbit about her competitive side while playing cards with her family. :laughing: I so understand…there’s no mercy in my house either. Thanks!
#18 @LaurenceB sent a card of Harriet Powers! So neat! You made my day with this card. Thank you!
#20 @Triol sent a Lou Paper tea card! Love it. I am going to celebrate with a cup of tea right after this post! Thank you very much!
#21 @Beachyblonde sent an Orange Beach card. The card looks like a taste of heaven. Thank you!
#29 @melvnoble a beautiful art card of a Chinese sculpture. I love the facial expression on the piece. Thank you for this treasure.

2 Likes

#2 reporting:

#4 @jenhart sent seashells from Florida, thank you Jennifer! :smiley: Hehe, when you adapt to a warmer climate you always wonder how you survived the colder ones… layers and layers and many blankets! :laughing: It’s a different kind of cold here than what Colorado has winter wise, like it gets to your bones easier, probably due to the humidity. I hope you have fun on your spring break!

#20 @Triol sent an Easter bunny sitting in a basket with eggs and purple tulips, with an even lighter purple background, thank you Olga! :smiley: I hope your Easter time was a nice one as well. I’m happy that Spring has finally decided to fully show up and shove the slightly lingering winter temps away, hehe.

1 Like

APRIL 2022 NARR – Report 3

More spring delights:

#04 @JenHart: sent a gorgeous, sunny-day shot of the Bodie Island Lighthouse on the Outer Banks of North Carolina. Hopefully you will get a chance to road trip back to the Carolinas. But yeah, with the gas prices the way they are, it may be more stay vacations this summer! Thanks!

#06 @MikeyZ1: sent a wonderful illustration of Bigfoot crossing a pine-forested woodland path. It would definitely be an intimidating sight to run into this fellow while hiking. Can’t wait for the weather to improve so we can get outside on a more consistent basis. Be sure to take “the boss” with you and milk her off the boob tube! Thanks!

#08 @Shesa-Renegade: sent a shot of an underwater statue from the sunken Coral Reef Garden in the Bahamas. I can just imagine what a challenge it was chaperoning students in the Bahamas! But I think you have wonderful plans for your ultimate demise! What a place to rest! Thanks!

#20 @Triol: sent a pretty aerial view of the Ukrainian National Association Estate, home of the Soyuzivka Heritage Center in Kerhonkson, New York. Never knew this place existed and since it’s within reasonable driving distance and also since Kerhonkson is also home of the world’s largest garden gnome, it sounds like a summer road trip opportunity when that Ukrainian festival happens in July. Thanks!

#21 @BeachyBlonde: sent a restaurant promotion card from Lambert’s Café, known as the home of the “throwed rolls” because that’s how the staff serves them; they throw them at you! Hope you had your catcher’s mitt with you. Thanks!

#29 @MelVnoble: sent a vintage real-photo shot of the business district of her hometown – Poland, Ohio (named after the founder George Poland, not the country). It was also a teenage home (briefly) for President McKinley who attended the seminary there. Nice vintage downtown shot showing the drugstore and bakery- way before all the national franchises popped up around the on-ramps to Interstate 680. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks everyone!

All my outgoing April cards have been posted…

Just waiting on #27

View all my incoming April cards HERE.

Rocky Road Trip #30

2 Likes

I have received sooo many great cards:

#2 @CrimsonKing : gorgeous fortress in the Crimea. Thankfully there hasn’t been any fighting there right now (the reason, of course, is sad. Russia already annexed the area :frowning: )

#3 @cruzin : room wit a postcard wall. :heart: . The dream! I wish I wasn’t a grown up so I could plaster my walls like a teenager.

#6 @mikeyz1 : I’m not sure how to describe this card - travel and nature symbols? It’s very cool and I love how seamlessly the artist blended bison, flamingos, tractors and roads and etc!

#7 @alcott1 : vintage lighthouse in Duluth. The colors on this are so vibrant for being from 1939. Actually from being from anytime. I remember visiting Duluth and bring my girls. My younger one slipped and fell in the lake. It was July and the water was still like an ice bath. I was bad and laughed.

#8 @Shesa-Renegade : camper van. beach. Caribbean. Fabulous card! The shows that get me are the Marie Kondo like ones that make me want to throw out everything!

#9 @scoutingbear : baby and mama rhinos from the San Diego Safari Park. I love the work zoos do to help protect these animals :heart:

#12 @yarn-lady : view of Portland with Mount Hood towering in the back. We have gone from overnight light frost to high of 87 today :laughing:

#14 @jacieslar : a lovely card of kindness. The Sonoran desert is an area I have never visited - I will make a mental note that early spring is a beautiful time of year to be there, because I eventually want to visit all the places!

#18 @laurenceB : illustrated city scape. I agree it looks like an Old Town in Europe. You must have seen photos of the cute little Main St area of my town. It is very quaint. The bulk of the town is suburban sub-divisions and Wal-Mart :laughing:

#20 @Triol : Lantern Press from my favorites :heart: It’s so unfair that so many people are living insecure lives during war, while others (like me) are enjoying the beach. It’s hard to make sense of.

#21 @beachyblonde: nice view of Chattanooga riverfront. When there is no beach I happily settle for rivers, lakes, ponds, big puddles …

#23 @suatelier : Ukrainian peace :peace_symbol:

#24 @roxy : I love this adorable illustrated ballerina wind up. I love ballet in general!

#25 @teddypostcrossing : beautiful Cezanne painting. I really like his work, he is one of my favorites

#26 @Susaninutah : I love this Utah parks card. I am so jealous of your daughter - Zion is my favorite park. I definitely need to go back!

#28 @TwoDoggies : great illustrated road bike (I’m watching a race as I type this). I approve of procrastinating :laughing:

#29 @melvnoble : Lantern Press of the Cherry Blossom Festival in DC. It is just as beautiful in person as you would imagine.

Thank you, All!

5 Likes

Thanks for again sharing your cards @RockyRoadTrip. It’s like a visual narrative road trip around North America!

1 Like

#27 reporting received postcard’s

From #8 @Shesa-Renegade a beautiful rainbow peace postcard. I like the different postage. Thanks

From #9 @scoutingbear a lantern press Route 66 California license plate postcard. I love it thanks

From #14 @jacieslar a “Mary Oliver” quote. “I believe in kindness. Also in mischief” I love the colours used. Great stickers and washi tape. Thank you

1 Like

#27 reporting more postcards received

From #15 @AccentOnHakes sent a b/w Abraham Lincoln postcard to add to my famous people collection. Thank you

From #16 @NittanyLionRI thanks for the Death Vallley National park postcard and different postage.
Sound like a beautiful place to visit.

From #17 @anon34290437 a beautiful scenic view showcasing Indiana. Thanks for the Harry Potter stickers. I watched the 3rd fantastic beasts movie last Friday. I love the new creatures shown.

2 Likes

I still haven’t been (no one to watch the wee one), but can’t wait!

#14 @jacieslar My mailbox has kept my spirits up this month!

#1 @cawindt I appreciate the Volodymyr Zelensky hero card. Sorry the weather didn’t cooperate during your vacation but hopefully you were able to enjoy family and friends.

#2 @CrimsonKing Love the pink roses - very Spring like! Just finished a small cross stitch piece yesterday and will now get back to a much larger Christmas picture that is taking forever to finish!

#3 @Cruzin Thank you for the Acadia National Park card. I would love to visit someday. My postcards and related materials take up a good bit of my dining room table too!

#4 @jenhart Thank you so much for the beautiful sunset photo of Panama Beach, Florida. Watching sunsets over the ocean with a glass of wine trying to catch the “greeb flash” is one of my favorite things to do!

#5 @carolreader What a gorgeous card with the dove, full moon and the Earth. Definitely appropriate for our world today. Thanks!

#6 @mikeyz1 Thanks for the fun card about the German method of preserving fruit. Hmm…after sitting in the sun for three days this sounds like something you might have to be 21 to eat!

#7 @alcott1 Great vintage postcard showing “Fiesta Days in California”. I’d love to go to a postcard show sometime. I’ll definitely look into it - sounds like it would be really interesting.

#8 @Shesa-Renegade Thank you for the postcard from San Salvador, Bahamas. I love sea turtles too, so I can totally understand your student’s reaction.

#9 @scoutingbear While I have visited the San Diego Zoo, I’ve never been to the Safari Park. How great to be able to see all of the animals shown on the postcard in a more open, natural environment.

#10 @SecretCityGrl Thank you for the beautiful card of the stained glass landscape window. The detail is amazing, and I agree that it shows incredible artistic talent.

#12 @Yarn-Lady What a great postcard of the John Day Fossil Beds. Last summer we took our 11 year old grandson to Fossil Butte National Monument in WY and then to a private quarry to dig for our own fossils. We got so many and had a great time!

#13 @ladybug513 Thank you so much for the beautiful postcard showing Tavern on the Green. It looks like a wonderful place to enjoy dinner. I’m glad you were able to dine there.

4 Likes

#8 Shesa-Renegade reporting in with 3 more cards!

#4 @jenhart sends a beach scene from Panama City Beach. It would be so lovely to be spending time on that beach right now, except for the spring break drama…yikes!

#11 @HookedonPostcards sends a card of sunflowers. This is so pretty, and you are right about the strength that they exhibit. I’d not thought of them that way before, but now I always will.

#20 @Triol sends beautiful purple crocuses. Purple is my favorite color. I am looking forward to a beautiful spring, too. I spent most of today on my back patio just breathing the fresh air.

Already in my mailbox!: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 28, 29, 30
To receive: 27

#9 reporting

#4 @jenhart Sends more stars for my challenge!
#18 @LaurenceB Enjoy a rolling baby while you can! Thanks for letting me know you like my challenges! I like doing them and its so fun to see how people who want to play along interpret the challenges!
#20 @Triol sends a card from my favorites! Thank you so much for letting me know which one so I can adjust my pages!
#21 @Beachyblonde sends a Northwest card with bears and stars

#11 reporting very nice painting of Lincoln, “Peacemakers”. from #29 @melvnoble Apropos! Thank you! I hadn’t thought to make comparisons to the Civil War; of course, it was within one nation, vs. aggression by one nation on another. Still, interesting comparison.

#26 reporting.

#4 @jenhart Yes, you can’t go to Sanibel without stooping! Just one more… Have you ever found a junonia?

#8 @Shesa-Renegade I would love to add some pink sand to my collection. How old were the students? That’s some field trip!

#20 @Triol A ladybug for my collection. I wish I saw more of them in the wild. I’m with you on wishing the war ends soon. We all deserve peace.

Thank you all.

#14 @jacieslar reporting

#15. @AccentOnHakes. I agree with you - bugs are nasty. But they do seem to thrive in the tropics and as long as they stay out of sight I’m okay. Thanks for the postcard from Puerta Plata, Dominica. It looks like a great place to put your feet in the sand.

#16 @NittanyLionRI. Thank you for the postcard showing some of Rhode Island’s well - known landmarks. Although I haven’t visited this state, it looks like it would be well worth the trip.

#17 @anon34290437. Your postcard of Indiana made me think of my home state of Ohio in the Fall. I hope you are able to eventually travel to Scotland.

#18 @LaurenceB. I am touched that you chose a postcard that portrays a teacher. The painting by Lous Mailou Jones is so unique. Thanks!

#19 @ellistrations. Thank you so much for the postcard of Yellowstone National Park. I lived in WY during the fire in 1988 when nearly 800,000 acres were destroyed. It is amazing how resilient and beautiful the park is.

#21 @Beachyblonde. Thank you for the postcard from Orange Beach. What a great place to spend Spring Break with your family.

#22 @uconn. I love this black and white photo of young girls dressed up and having a tea party with their dolls. How nice that you were able to spend time with your nieces. Thanks!

#24 @roxy. Thank you for the pistcard showing Niagara Falls. You are so lucky to have been able to enjoy this site. I’ve only seen pictures, but the falls appear to be truly magnificent!

#25 @teddypostcrossing. I really like this postcard featuring Henry Lloyd. I never knew about the Silent Film Series, so of course I had to look it up. It looks like it would be fun to attend!

#26 @Susaninutah. Thank you for the Postcrossing card. I don’t have any in my stash of cards and need to add some. I loved the Henry Fielding quote!

#28 @TwoDoggies. Love the card with a camping scene integrated into a map of Northern Europe. Hopefully we’ll be able to get out into the mountains soon.

4 Likes

#16 NittanyLionRI reporting

#27 @HarleyGirl73 - thank you for the GORGEOUS picture of Banff. This area is extremely high on my bucket list!! Reminds me of my favorite vacation in Switzerland😁

1 Like

#19 received

#27 @HarleyGirl73 - moose, thank you! So cute and beautiful! One day I’ll live further than a half hour from my parents, haha!

1 Like