[RR] North American April 2021 RR - The Scrambling for Vaccinations Edition - Addresses Sent!

Jill203

I received one postcard today!

#1 @cawindt - Thank you for the historical Moore House postcard. I’m sure as a history teacher, you loved visiting Williamsburg. There is so much to see and do there. Yes, Josh is one of two sons. He has been doing postcrossing for awhile, and introduced me to it just recently. I am really enjoying hearing from so many interesting people, and finding little postcard gifts in my mailbox.

Happy Mail arrived today!!

#1 @cawindt Yes! A new Lantern Press. Prince the dog from Williamsburg. And happy you had fun! I like traveling with family, but also like the opportunity to MISS the family when vacation has ended.
#3 @cruzin Happy Postcrossing from Papersisters. Great design… but were pancakes invented in the US? I’ll have to look that up…
#7 @treeclimber 101 Dalamatians. Aww… such a sweet scene! And lucky you for planting your garden already… I wait until mother’s day here because we still gets frosts (and sometimes snow) in April.
#12 @yarn-lady Young Harry Potter (He looks like such a baby!) And I love spring flowers!
#25 @Jill203 Vintage card of the cheese market in Alkmaar. The market still looks the same! Ah-- love the tradition! And thanks for the cute black Lab sticker…so cute!! (And yes, I’m still in mourning for losing Tom Brady…)
#29 @jewelldelis He who shall not be named. And thanks for the birthday wishes!
#30 @RockyRoadTrip Classic Epcot featuring CommuniCore. I don’t remember going into the attraction but it was later renamed Innoventions which we never missed. But now it’s closed as Epcot is undergoing a complete makeover.

Thanks everyone!!!

To Receive: 4, 15, 18, 21, 22, 23, 24, 26, 27

1 Like

#22 @TwoDoggies - illustrations of the symptoms of COVID. I continue to feel so fortunate to be retired and able to avoid exposure this past year. Now, I’ve been vaccinated and am thinking about venturing out into the world!

#30 @RockyRoadTrip - “Big Nerd is Watching You” with a picture of Mark Zuckerberg. Yes, very few lives are private now.

Thank you from #16.

#28 with 2 cards to report:

#12 @Yarn-Lady sends a card featuring a crochet hook with accessories. I’m attempting a new-to-me technique called mosaic crochet. I like it but I need to finish it up soon before it gets too hot sitting under an afghan.

#24 @roxy sends a card of Harrison Lake. I struggle to keep all my supplies organized. I have to keep my cards simple, or I become overwhelmed. It’s a weird anxiety thing.

#19 ellistrations received

#18 @katie333 - watercolor image, thank you! I don’t think I’ve gotten one from you already, but this is beautiful! Love all the green!

#21 @Beachyblonde - balloons, thank you! And the balloons stamp! Love the balloon animal sticker. :slight_smile: The Up purse sounds fun!

1 Like

@roxy #24 Thank you for the Provincetown postcard! I hope you get to go back soon and discover some new things.

#13 with a shower of postcards from:

#9 @mere5oh – a USPS postal card “The Stars and Stripes Forever!” This is a new one for me; hadn’t seen it before. Thank you very much! And, happy to know you were vaccinated!

#12 @Yarn-Lady – Thank you for this National Park poster of Olympic NP. A million acres encompassing glaciers, rain forests, rivers and a coastline with beaches, tidepools, arches and sea sacks. Diverse and formidable! Would love to see even a small part of it.

#18 @katie333 – Thank you for the cute Emperor Penguin card from the Wild Animals of the World series. Love the Art Canada postage and the cute penguin sticker, too.

#22 @TwoDoggies – Thank you for the cute Year of the Ox card! I haven’t received many, so I was happy to see this one. Spring is creeping in here with swings in temperatures from day to day. Can’t wait for the invasion of the cicadas! And, I cannot thank you enough for the adorable Snoopy card for my granddaughter. She will be thrilled! I almost want to keep it for myself!

#25 @Jill203 – Thank you for the strawberries! Another two months, and it will be time for farm fresh strawberries in our area. I used to have strawberry wallpaper in my kitchen and still miss it sometimes even though my kids intimated it was too old fashioned!

#26 @alcott1 – Thank you for the curious cats perusing the pages of an open book. I broke out to magnifying glass to see if they were reading Peter Pan, but I don’t think so! We all grow up, but I like to think we can still be children at heart. But, maybe now with pirates and hungry crocodiles!

#29 @jewelldelis – Thank you for the vintage card of Old Cape Henry Lighthouse, a new one for the collection. I believe you and I must be in a rather small group of people who actually like the number 13! And please wish my Lunar New Year buddy a prosperous year!

1 Like

Another stack of wonderful cards found their way to my mailbox this past week. Thank you to:

#3 @Cruzin for the awesome Papersisters pandemic card. I wouldn’t want to go back to Texas either! Great stamps and cat stickers :smile_cat:

#7 @treeclimber for the adorable cat card with cat washi and tiger stamp :tiger: I hope your second dose goes well. Our Frejya loves to do the same. She sits in the window and chatters at any bird or squirrel that decides to sit in the bush or on the porch.

#9 @mere5oh for the great schoolhouse card. I am happy to hear your kids are happy to be back in person! We’re going on our fourth week of being remote again. I’m not sure we’ll be back anytime soon, but the decision is being made week-by-week, making long-term planning as a teacher near impossible.

#10 @emotis for the awesome card from Germany. I love finding stashes of old postcards! I thought of you the other day as I received an alert for round trip airfares from Toronto to Belgium for $400…Canadian! It’s so frustrating not being able to plan for international travel travel yet.

#11 @TandemStoker for another great pandemic related card. Congrats on getting vaccinated!

#12 @Yarn-Lady for the interesting Chechen memorial card. I had to laugh as I tried so hard to read the caption of the card, which was covered by the barcode…then I read your message :rofl:

#13 @ladybug513 for the wonderful card showing a cat sitting in a doorway in an old home somewhere in Europe. I love looking for cats like that when I travel. I love the sticker as well. Matches the card quite well.

#15 @AccentOnHakes for the great Thai card and stamps. I have never been either. Some day! Aren’t the travel benefits the main reason to work for an airline? :laughing:

#18 @katie333 for the amazing handmade postage stamp card! I love the purple and yellow tones. What a great idea for pretty, low value stamps. Some of the stamps were a bit loose, but they all arrived on the card and intact! Love the Canadian stamps as well. The Art series is fabulous!

#22 @TwoDoggies for the cool Rossignol food prep card. It’s so good to see that you’re sending out cards to encourage voting. You and @hootnoodle should share strategies and organizations! I send many letters during the last election to encourage voting as well :slight_smile:

#24 @roxy for the boozy Kentucky Bourbon Trail card. I miss going to Louisville every year for the AP history test reading. It moved to Tampa several years before the pandemic hit. This will be the second year in a row of reading from home…which is not anywhere near as fun! Great stamps and cocktail washi!

#25 @Jill203 for the delicious looking meal from the restaurant atop the Burj Khalifa! I look forward to exploring the world again as well. And we are looking forward to greeting our next exchange son in a few months.

#29 @jewelldelis for the wonderful vintage Lincoln Memorial card with great vintage stamps. DC is one of my favourite places, so I’ve been many times and always pay a visit to Mr. Lincoln.

3 Likes

Received an Cuban orchid from #24 @roxy and from
#21 @Beachyblonde, a pretty Flame Azalea from Great Smokey Mountains.Thank you!

1 Like

#17 reporting in with the following cool cards:

#7 treeclimber colorful chapel: Chapelle du Rosair a Vende, Realisee par Henri Matisse, Jeux de lumiere

#9 mere5oh Bandelier National Monument, New Mexico: Rainbow at Tyuonyi. I am ready to do some park visiting, too!

#11 tandemstoker a Covid-19 mask/social distancing CDC postcard. I’ve had my first shot, and got a strange reaction, so wonder what in the heck might happen with the second

#18 katie333 a postcard full of stamps, Neat!

#21 beachyblonde black and white photo of a convertible, top down, trunk open. Driver, someone lying down in the back seat, and another in the trunk. Unusual! Sounds like Leeny had a fun birthday picnic. I still like bubbles: maybe I’ll get some for MY birthday this year.

#22 twodoggies picture of an open book, with a mysterious lighted scene in view, and the book is surrounded by butterflies, and an elephant and zebra, and a stack of books in front that disappear into the distance of the illustration in the book. I’ve gotten some interesting recommendations from postcrossing cards–even ask for them. I enjoyed the Rama series by Clarke, too.

#24 roxy Votive Church, Vienna. The stamps missed getting postmarked. Hey, lazy weekends are okay—as long as they don’t become a permanent habit, right?

#25 jill203 Prince Edward Island beach sunset. Hope your trip to Portugal can happen sooner rather than later. Great country—I really want to go back.

#29 jewelldelis Lincoln Memorial.One of those iconic places in DC. Thanks for the book/author recommendations. My postcrossing name is a Hopi word meaning “thunder man” bestowed by a Hopi classmate when I was at university in Flagstaff.

2 Likes

#21 Beachyblonde

Even move cards! Everyone was super fast this month!!

#13 @ladybug513 Thank you for the wonderful Ocean City, NJ mermaid! I love the beach in any weather as well! Happy belated anniversary! My husband and I will hit our 14 year anniversary next week!

#20 @esca0417 Thank you for the epic narwhal postcard! I am so happy the weather is warming up as well! I don’t like being cold either!! haha

#22 @TwoDoggies Thank you for the Olympic Games postcard! It sounds like you had a wonderfully busy weekend! I hope you enjoyed your granddaughter!!

#24 @roxy Thank you for the lovely unicorn postcard and birthday wishes for Leeny!! The decorations are adorable!!

#27 @HookedonPostcards Thank you for the awesome “You’ve got mail” postcard and birthday wishes for Leeny! She loved the decorations and colors!!

1 Like

I’m glad it made it! I wasn’t sure that sticker would survive the postal machines! haha

1 Like

Recieved

@Beachyblonde #21 - I love peaceful…I can’t do yoga to save my life…
@rocky #30 - I never had a siamese cat…but I do love cats …

Thankyou :blush:

1 Like

Jill203
I received another postcard today!
#21 @Beachyblonde - Thank you for the pretty Tennessee postcard that someone created. I am so ready to get out and explore, too. I hope things improve by the end of summer. Take care!

1 Like

#19 ellistrations received

#24 @roxy - dog holding a cat in a sock, thank you! This is too cute and funny, I love it! In a way it does remind me of them! :slight_smile:

#30 @RockyRoadTrip - hot air balloons, thank you! :slight_smile:

katie333 #18 reporting in …

From #30 @RockyRoadTrip a great North Shore Animal league card, so cute!

From #20 @esca0417 a sweet card with a girl reading, it’s lovely. Hope your neck feels better.

From #14 @BarbL an adorable card with astronaut cats, I love it!! Hope the French is going well.

From #7 @treeclimber a wonderful kitty illustration, stalking a butterfly. Our girls love looking out the windows too!

From #6 @mikeyz1 a great illustration from the New Yorker, really cool card!

From #26 @alcott1 a wonderful illustration of an owl on a pile of books, it’s great!

From #31 @DianeM an adorable fox kit! Is the sticker your kitty?? It’s so cute!

From #29 @jewelldelis a sweet little puff kitten, hi to Blaze!

From #15 @AccentOnHakes a sweet forest illustration, thank you.

From #28 @FrogSalad, a wonderful card of cranes in migration, what an amazing card!

from #10 @emotis a great stamp card, Mondays always have the best weather, sigh.

Thanks for the wonderful cards all!

1 Like

Shoot I missed one!

From #24 @roxy a great card full of books and Hello Kitty washi (I need some!), thank you!!

#18 @katie333 - a galactic collision! These space cards are so cool.

#21 @Beachyblonde - “Hello Spring” from Christopher Arndt collection. This whole week I’ve been appreciating gorgeous spring weather. Today feels even summery, and lots of people are out enjoying the lake by our house.

Thanks from #16.

1 Like

#14 checking in!

#1 @cawindt sends the Wren Building of the College of William & Mary in Colonial Williamsburg. I haven’t been since I was a teenager, but I loved it. I’m happy that you had a chance to get away!

#10 @emotis sends a recipe for Moules Frites (mussels and fries). I turned on ‘Beat Bobby Flay’ this afternoon and this was the dish they were making!! I really love mussels, and potatoes in all their iterations!

#21 @Beachyblonde sends a picture of my last boss!! LOL Actually, it’s a monkey in business attire sitting at a desk. A stress-induced health scare for my husband led to his leaving his job in CT and our move to SC. Just a few more years till retirement!!

#30 @RockyRoadTrip sends Whale-Watching near Cape Cod. I’ve never been on a whale-watch, but I have been scared out of the ocean by a shark! :shark: :flushed:

Thank you all for the great cards!!

2 Likes

#5 reporting with a LOT of cards – received over just a few days:

#1 @cawindt – a portrait of John Brown. His family lived in the town right next to where I live – Hudson, Ohio. Hudson was a hub of the underground railroad, as I discovered during a walking tour. I’m reading Howard Zinn’s “A People’s History of the United States”, and, yes, it sure isn’t what we were taught in high school. Thank you!

#3 @cruzin – yes, I’m a true Postcrosser - I have more cards than I know what to do with, but not always the right one! Thanks for the cute Papersisters card, the fun sticker and decorations, and the vintage space stamps!

#6 @mikeyz1 – a great picture of South Dakota’s state bird – I’ll let the readers of this guess what it is! That’s wonderful that your two-year-old can identify some bird calls. It’s the best time to learn them – it sure is hard when you’re old to do so! Thanks!

#7 @treeclimber – what a cute birdie letter carrier! Thanks for this card. I’m glad you’ve been able to work in your garden, and I’m glad you’re getting your second shot!

#11 @TandemStoker – A Covid vaccine postcard! Very apropos! Thank you ! I’m glad the first shot went well. Some people have a reaction to the second shot, but it goes away fast, and what a sense of relief!

#18 @katie333 – an engraving of a pretty, Medieval lady. Very nice – thanks. I think our museums are open, with some restrictions, but to be honest, I haven’t tried to go to any for over a year. I’m still a reluctant to go to public places when I don’t have to.

#21 @Beachyblonde – I really love Salvador Dali, so this was a great card for me – thank you. I don’t try to interpret it, I just enjoy.

#24 @roxy – yes, I do miss buying postcards in museums. I’d love to see Ottawa museums – this one looks great! Thanks for the card.

#28 @FrogSalad – a picture of two of your well-loved sandhill cranes, in flight. I looked up the Nebraska crane migration on the Internet, and I can see why you had such a good time. Thanks for a card that is meaningful to you!

#29 @jewelldelis - Thank you for the addition to my collection of museum cards! I accumulated my large number of official cards in past years. When I was working and taking care of an ailing spouse, it was a great hobby. I had 100 cards traveling at a time, for a long time! Oddly enough, after I retired four years ago, I stopped sending so many cards.

1 Like