[RR] Alternative Monthly RR - 2022 - Sign-ups closed

Hello. May I join? Thanks.

1 Like

Feb Alt @PostAddy sends a sea glass heart. I love sea glass but the best beaches to find it are several hours north of me.

2 Likes

#4 - Februray

6 - @LaurenceB - Thank you for the card - what a mighty engine that was!! Oh, Rocking chairs are musts!!! thank you!

waiting for 2 & 5

1 Like

I received a beautiful card from @Sunshein ! Thank you Mora :blush: It looks like a reprint of a linen postcard of Grand Canyon, so gorgeous :green_heart::green_heart:

#7 received from #2 @Beachyblonde A southern fried chicken recipe card. Thanks!

2 Likes

#2 @Beachyblonde I am so sorry for my late update! I sent the rest of my postcards earlier in the week! I have also received more:
January from #8 @salemhouse Thank you for the awesome Boys of Winter postcard! It made me smile!

February from:
#1 @Sunshein Thank you for the awesome Navajo National Monument! I would love to see it someday!

#4 @Yarn-Lady Thank you for the epic origami money postcard! I used to make them for my kids for their friends birthday parties! I love the idea for as a tip! haha

#6 @LaurenceB Thank you for the adorable toucan postcard! He’s so cute!! Also thank you for the French! My oldest is thinking about taking it in High School!

#7 @PostAddy Thank you for the precious Mickey and Minnie love postcard! How did the Oreos and pretzels turn out?!

#9 @scoutingbear Thank you for the sweet Snailed It postcard! I hope Cookie boothing went well! I was the Cookie Mom for my daughters troop for a few years! As stressful as it was, I still kind of miss it!!

2 Likes

Also, can I jump in for March? I’ll try to be more prompt! haha

1 Like

#8 DCMdVa received for February:

#1 @Sunshein sent a cool large letter card of Tucson and nice postage stamps. Thank you for the wonderful description of the letters and the amazing cactus washi too!

I’d love to join for March. I’ll PM my address.

1 Like

Anothe card received for Feb from our lovely host @LaurenceB . A very cool tiger card with an even cooler tiger stamp! Thank you Laurence for gifting me your last stamp! It’s seriously beautiful! Love it!

1 Like

February card from @Beachyblonde I had fun watching all the chaos at the school sites that I am at for 2-22-22. We had our first grade Daisy girl scouts write about their interests and put them in an envelope for them to open on 3-3-33 which will be their senior year of high school

1 Like

I’m reporting receiving the last two outstanding postcards for February.

@Beachyblonde - Whitney sent me a gorgeous crazy quilt with an outline of the US. It was made in 1886, possibly in Virginia. (Often makers would add their initials and the year the quilt was finished, but nowadays it’s hard to figure out who the initials identified. It’s what made me change from using my initials to my first name on all my projects.)

@LaurenceB - Laurence sent me a book cover of “The Clothes We Wear” by Jack Townsend, published in 1947. (I love looking at these books to see how things change. The scandalous of the past often becomes the common place of today.)

For your viewing pleasure, I’ve uploaded all received cards here (click on the card, you will be taken to Flickr and the February Alt NARR Album):

2 Likes

February - Got a cute card of cats wearing sunglasses from @Beachyblonde - thanks Whitney! They are adorable! My sons used to adore dress-up day, but somehow they always interpreted it as dress up in costumes, and out came the capes and swords …

1 Like

My cards for March are in the mail. :flight_departure:

1 Like

#4 - February -
2 - @Beachyblonde - Year of the Tiger - what a fun one! Thank you so much!

Waiting for @TwasBrillig to complete February

1 Like

Oh dear, I sent your card in the batch with all the other cards, back in early February. Don’t know what happened to it but I will send another one today! Who knows, maybe in a few months you will get the original :rofl:

Feb ALT RR
#3 has received from #2 @Beachyblonde a photo of Palm Springs City Hall, circa 1952. Thanks!

1 Like

February!

Thank you so much @Beachyblonde for the wonderful map! You know how much I love them :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
Virtual meetup sounds so fun! Tell me more! How many people were there? Was it the North America crew?? :slight_smile:

1 Like

#8 DCMdVa sent all cards.

1 Like

All my cards have been mailed!