[RR] Alternative Monthly RR - 2022 - Sign-ups closed

December

@missedith17 Thank you for sharing your holiday tradition. I love fish so it sounds like a great time!

3 Likes

November

@Ringo16 sent an LP geometric card: Grand Canyon Railway in Williams, AZ, thank you Jess! Iā€™m sorry for the loss of your Grandmother. Thank you hugging your puppers for me. :blush: I hope things have begun to settle down for you a bit.

3 Likes

My first December cards have arrived.

#4 @hootnoodle - Mary sent seasonā€™s greetings under a beaded wallet by a local Native American tribe. We finally got the last of the outdoor decorations up today after watching the last quarter final football (soccer for Americans) game. Iā€™m lagging behind in getting the inside decorated.

#7 @nursegarry - Garry sent a rug woven of the American flag. The reason that the stars are different is because of the warp ends are sent pretty widely - anywhere from 4 - 8 ends per inch - and if you use handspun yarn, it can compress differently depending on how it was spun.

1 Like

DECEMBER

#7 @nursegarry - a festive view of LAā€™s Olvera Street. Thank you. We were there in 2019. After seeing some national parks, we visited one of my husbandā€™s cousins who lives in downtown LA. He is a commercial architect, and was a super tour guide for the downtown area!

2 Likes

November received from @Ringo16. Thank you so much for this beautiful card of Van Goghā€™s Still Life: Vase with Irises! Iā€™m so sorry to hear about your grandparents. I donā€™t mind the late card at all - my cards were late too :slight_smile:

2 Likes

December:

@nursegarry sent a marvelous card of Moscowā€™s Red Square. Thank you for the UNESCO site, happy to have this view in my collection!

@anon95639744 sent a brilliant blue Keep Calm and Love Missouri card. Love the animals postage stamps and hot cocoa mugs washi. So very happy for the new state! Thanks so much!

@missedith17 sent an incredible illustration filled with adorable animals and icons! Thank you for the terrific card, holiday wishes and neat Olympics postage stamp.

4 Likes

December

@hootnoodle Your card illustrates a perfect evening! We arenā€™t doing any decorating this year. Itā€™s a little much with my husband still recovering from his stroke. Itā€™s funny your son is in Seattle; my daughter lives there too!

@Sunshein I have this postcard book! I am just thrilled to get a card out of it! Thank you! Your idea of travel sounds like mine, just my husband and me at our own pace. We love road trips.

1 Like

For November:

I received from #5 @Ringo16
Iā€™m so sorry about your Grandparents, donā€™t stress about the card going out late. Family comes first!

December:

#3 @Sunshein

Soccer is really the one sport I actively enjoy, but somehow never found a team to support except for whenever the US is in a world event.

#4 @hootnoodle

Such a cute penguin! I feel like Christmas decorating is never really over. Iā€™ll be putting more stuff out until the 26th it seems.

#5 @roxy

I love these types of vintage cards, I used to be heavily into collecting the originals a few years back and have a decent sized collection of off beat ones (the ones with Santa were always too expensive).

#7 @nursegarry

Iā€™d have to check the date of this painting but around this time there was a style of dress specifically featuring a ā€œpigeon breastā€ so I bet thatā€™s what the artist was going for.

2 Likes

Yikes! 3 days without reporting and I have soooo many cards!
December group:
@Beachyblonde I donā€™t know if I am ready or not. lol. I need to pull out all my purchases so far and see what I actually have. I know I still need to get my girls their yearly pajamas. And I think one more gift each and I have nothing so far but stocking stuffers for my partner. Other than that, Iā€™m in pretty good shape as long as I can remember to mail my brother his package!

@LaurenceB I love how the competitive ones of us try really hard to justify different things to fulfill challenges. I do the same thing for other people. Itā€™s cold here; well not by your standards!

@hootnoodle We visited the Nixon library one year during the holidays. The decorations were amazing and a different themed tree in each room!

@missedith17 Candles work! Iā€™ll miss it when you donā€™t ramble about overthinking my challenge. Or you can always do what some other people do and try to justify how something is similar so therefore it works. The competitive among usā€¦makes me laugh!

@alcott1 (at least I think itā€™s this RR; please let me know your number if it is for the big december one.). I love the look of old cards and have so much fun displaying the yearly cards with such a variety between the new and old.

@anon95639744 (I think itā€™s for this RR as there is no number) It has been YEARS since Iā€™ve been through the redwoods. I did a bear stroll through our campground in Mammoth a few years ago when I got up in the night to use the facilities. And of course I left my phone/camera in the tent! Fun fact, this particular postcard seems to be the most popular bear card and I think yours brings me up to 9 of them received. I love it. Secretly trying to see how many I can collect!

2 Likes

December

@Beachyblonde making sock snowmen sounds like fun! Every now and then working with the littles sounds tempting. Thank you for the cute card.

@roxy

Yes, December does just fly by! I have 4 days until my winter break.

Thank you for the card. I like vintage and vintage style.

1 Like

DECEMBER

#3 @missedith17 - a great view of Stonehenge, before there was a low fence around it. Thank you. It was impressive despite the fence when we saw it in 1995.

2 Likes

This was the big December RR, and my number is 27. I get really confused about what RRā€™s Iā€™m dealing with, too, which means Iā€™m in too many of them, but I love them and am not giving them up. Have a great holiday and a mailbox full of postcards.

1 Like

#10 reporting for December!

Today, I dropped off all my cards!

Received from:
#2 @Beachyblonde Thank you for the comic postcard about story structure! I love jokes that are self-aware

#3 @missedith17 Thank you for the flamingo postcard! Hope youā€™re staying warm this holiday season!

#4 @hootnoodle Thank you for the Washington state map postcard! Iā€™ve been to Seattle a couple of times but never fully traveled around! Iā€™ll definitely have to rent a car sometime and road trip around!

#7 @nursegarry Thank you for the comic cover postcard! Iā€™m actually a fan of the DC comic art style - like classic Batman! I can never get into American comics since thereā€™s so many story lines about the same superhero, but I do read a lot of Japanese comics/manga!

#11 @anon95639744 Thank you for the Strange Planet comic postcard! I love Nathan Pyle and follow him ā€œreligiouslyā€ on Instagram! Iā€™m going to put the postcard by my houseplants to motivate them to grow :joy:

3 Likes

December RR:

#2 I have sent all of my cards!

I have also received some:
#1 @Sunshein Thank you for the stunning flower from the Flower boxed set! So pretty!

#3 @missedith17 Thank you for the lovely Flower boxed set as well! Such a cool looking flower!!

#4 @hootnoodle Thank you for the fun Santa racing postcard! I hope you have a nice Christmas!

#7 @nursegarry Thank you for the lovely Redwoods postcard! Safe travels next month! Iā€™m so jealous!

#11 @anon95639744 Thank you for the awesome LEGO postcard! I love sending postcards more than receiving too! I love to try to find the most perfect card for someone! Iā€™m so happy youā€™re enjoying this hobby!

October RR:

#5 @ljbbauer Thank you for the wonderful WPD postcard! I didnā€™t receive many either!

2 Likes

Hi all!!

I have mailed all my December cards a few days ago!

Also received some cards!

For September (??? - where has it been??), @ljbbauer Thank you my friend LB for the beautiful giraffe!! Iā€™m very curious about the papier mache giraffe!! What height are you planning?? :smiley:

For December, thank you SO much @nursegarry for the wonderful linen card of ā€œRestĆ© motelā€ - fun pun since in French restĆ© means to stay! I just LOVE when they advertise the WALL TO WALL CARPETING! A sure red flag nowadays :joy: Amazing addition to my collection! Happy holidays!

1 Like

November 2022: This card means I have received all cards! Thank you @Ringo16 for this spectacular nature phenomenon: the haboob. Wow! I canā€™t imagine how terrifying that would be for folks new to the area.

My condolences on the passing of your grandmother. :pray:t2:

2 Likes

DECEMBER

#1 @Sunshein - ā€œLower Cliff Dwellingā€, Tonto National Monument, Arizona, plus a great history lesson on the back. Thank you. We saw similar structures at Mesa Verde National Park in 1992, but Iā€™d really like to see more.

1 Like

DECEMBER

#9 @scoutingbear - snowy scenery around Lake Tahoe. Gorgeous! Thank you. We, too, have had some days requiring defrosting the car for morning departures (though it melts on its on by afternoon), but I didnā€™t know it was much of an issue in your area!

1 Like

December

@scoutingbear I am glad we have Charmin instead of corncobs or the Sears catalog (which is what my grandmother used as a girl).

Thanks for the great vintage card.

1 Like

November 2022: I have received all!
@Ringo16 lol-a great joke about cactii putting their arms up! Iā€™m so sorry to hear about your grandmother. Wishing your family the best during this holiday season!

2 Likes