Royal Mail 2023 stamp calendar (UK)

2023 looks like an interesting year! As well as stamps, Royal Mail also issue matching PHQ postcards.

• 12 Jan - Iron Maiden
  • 16 Feb - X-Men
  • 9 Mar - The Flying Scotsman
  • 23 Mar - Flowers
  • 13 Apr - The Legend of Robin Hood
  • 6 May - His Majesty King Charles III: A New Reign
  • 17 May - Blackadder
  • 8 Jun - Warhammer
  • 22 Jun - Windrush: 75 Years
  • 13 Jul - River Wildlife
  • 10 Aug - Terry Pratchett’s Discworld
  • 5 Sep - To be announced
  • 21 Sep - Dame Shirley Bassey
  • 19 Oct - Harry Potter
  • 2 Nov - Christmas 2023

There are some announced for this year, that I will personally be interested in.

I hope this is in the correct place.

13 Likes

I hope the River Wildlife has a frog :frog:

1 Like

Blackadder! Terry Pratchett! :heart: What a wonderful stamps year!

4 Likes

@toadallycool I was thinking of you when I saw that!

@Xute, indeed it is! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Wow X-Men and Harry Potter :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes:.

2 Likes

The Flying Scotsman :heart:
Blackadder :heart:

and other great stamps :smiley::+1:

1 Like

Wow, wow, wow! I was close to hyperventilating when seeing that. Would that be worth all the co2 (and far too much money) to fly over there for getting some of the stamps and maybe join some release party? Will there be some kind of party? Are there usually stamp release parties in the UK?

2 Likes

Boah, Blackadder! :hugs:

That was so popular, when I lived in England. All my favourite comedians in one series. Rowan Atkinson, Stephen Fry, Hugh Laurie, Rik Mayall, Adrian Edmondson.

I saw them all in plays, except Rowan Atkinson, through the years, got their autographs and still have the photo of Hugh Laurie and me in my living room. From the early 90s.

Those were the days! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

@Reisegern lol, no we don’t have stamp release parties, but that is a good idea!

@Robin67 I love Blackadder as well, they still show them here. I met Tony Robinson once, called him Baldrick, he put out his hand said, “that will be £1 please” laughed, shook his head said, that Baldrick would forever be his legacy. I said, it was not a bad legacy to have.

All I will say is keep an eye on the lotteries… :wink: lol

3 Likes