Rochester (SE Minnesota), June 4, 2022

:world_map: CITY/REGION: Rochester, Minnesota
:pushpin: MEETUP PLACE: People’s Food Co-op, 519 1st Ave SW, Rochester, MN 55902
:calendar: DATE: June 4th, 2022
:alarm_clock: TIME: 1-4pm
:page_facing_up: MEETUP PLAN:

Let’s start with a short tour of Downtown Rochester (Mayo Clinic - usually much more quiet on a Saturday) by meeting at noon on the Annenberg Plaza at the “Boy on a Dolphin Fountain”. We can also use the opportunity to shop for cards.

At around 1 pm, we’ll settle down at the PFC (patio or in their indoor cafe area, weather permitting) to sign cards and chat. If you’re way too familiar with downtown already, you may join us here.

A meetup postcard has been shared below. $0.25/card to offset printing costs.

Welcome to Rochester!

5 Likes

This sounds like an awesome meetup! I’ll be out-of-town for this one. Looking forward to catch-up at the next one :slight_smile:

1 Like

I let everyone know about this meetup at the Madison meetup today. Heather said she would like to go, too! I’ll ask around. Someone else might be interested in carpooling with us

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure I can make it again. Thanks for organizing!

1 Like

Thank you for organizing, I plan to go this meet up from Wisconsin. this is my first face to face meet up for me! exciting!

2 Likes

I made a card - it’s available for cost-splitting purchase at the meetup. A quarter per card - I have plenty printed … :slight_smile:

It would be great if everyone attending would let me know if I’ll see you at noon for the small walk (about 10 blocks, I’d say) or right at around 1pm at the People’s Food Coop (entrance on the corner of 1st Ave/6th St SW). You could buy your lunch right there - or coffee and treats if that’s more your thing.

Parking in Downtown Rochester is free on the weekends, there should be plenty of parking either along 1st Ave SW, in the 3rd St Parking Ramp (off 1st Ave, 3 blocks north of the PFC), or (if you’re skipping the walk) in the PFC parking lot - due to the everlasting construction in the downtown area, entrance is only possible from the east on 6th St.

3 Likes

This will be my first in-person meet up! I’m excited!

2 Likes

I will will take 10 meet up cards. And I plan on being there at noon for the walk

1 Like

Thanks for letting me know Sandra! I’d love to come. See you there.

Michelle

1 Like

I will take 8 postcards and it turns out I will need to meet you guys at People’s Food Coop.

2 Likes

If everyone could please let me know if they are planning for noon or 1pm, that would be great!

noon
@sannah82
@sleepyhippo1
@salemhouse
@mlubbers

1 pm at the PFC
@adna55906
@waydowneast +1?
@Angeliz

not yet confirmed
@DeeMN

Feel free to ask for my mobile number for last minute coordination. :slight_smile:

I will meet you at noon.

1 Like

I will meet you at noon.

2 Likes

Hi Sandra,

Unfortunately, I’m not going to be able to go. My husband just came down with Covid yesterday and I don’t think it’s a good idea for me to be around a bunch of people, even masked. I’m really hoping I don’t get sick as well. :no_mouth:

If it’s possible, I would like to get 10 cards. It’s ok if they are unsigned.

Disappointedly,

-Kristina

1 Like

I hope that for you, too! What a bummer, first me in April and now you …

I’ll get the cards on your way!

Hi all. Can any one come to the meetup even if not a member? Thanks.

This meetup is open to all members of postcrossing. You just have to show up in person.

Are we meeting in the cafe area at PFC? I will be the pleasantly plump, blond lady in a demin jacket and polka-dot shirt. See you all soon!

Hi all!
I enjoyed my first real in person meet-up today! sorry to left early but I’m happy to meet you all! thank you so much!
@sannah82 thank you for the organizing♪

1 Like