Returning to Postcrossing

I first became a member of postcrossing in 2011. I made my account inactive in 2019 following the death of my son because I really wasn’t able to keep up with any responsibilities. Now I’ve come back for about one month and I am happy to have the chance to send postcards again. I was allowed to sent 24 postcards and I’ve sent 22. I’m savoring the last 2 because I don’t know when my number of permitted cards will increase. I’ve read the 50/1 information but I can’t make real sense of it. Can anyone explain it to me? Thanks so much.

12 Likes

Hello @RaineyDay
Welcome back :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

At the moment you have 884 sent cards and the next step for sending one more card is 900 - that means, if your 900th card is registered you can send one more card.

And the next step is 950 registered cards for getting one more slot.

1 Like

How will I get the 16 more I need registered? Am I just at the mercy of the people I sent to?
Thank you for replying to my question, Bille

And I guess my question is this: When a postcard I sent is registered, does that give me a new chance to send one? I’m not so much asking for my number to increase, but to work within that 26 that I’ve almost sent to. Do one registration mean a space will open back up?

Yes, of course - everytime someone registers a card that you sent you can draw a new address.

But because you asked about the 50/1 rule I thought you would like to know when you get one more slot in total.

1 Like

And if you don’t want to wait, join any of the dozens of fun tags and you can send and received cards much faster!

Welcome back! Such a tragic reason to leave, but a good sign of life to feel the interest in returning and connecting with all the wonderful people here on Postcrossing!

10 Likes

(((hug))) Welcome back :heart:

2 Likes

What are these tags you speak of? Thanks.

Some of the most fun you can have on Postcrossing! There are Tags for tons of different interests - and here’s the Directory with links to them https://community.postcrossing.com/t/tags-directory/142/11

Or, if you’re interested in doing Tags (or Round Robins) with only other Postcrossers in the US and Canada you can go here North America - Postcrossing Community

Of course you can do as many as you want at the same time - no limits.

And there are many Round Robins too, where you sign up and when the group is filled (usually a small number like 4-6) of people with that particular interest, the moderator sends out the address list to everyone in the group and they send cards of that subject to all the other members of a group. That directory is https://community.postcrossing.com/t/round-robin-directory/139

SO there are many kinds of connecting you can do on Postcrossing - you get to experiment and figure out what’s the most rewarding for you.

Cheers,
Nancy

2 Likes

wish you be happy everyday:)

1 Like

Welcome! PM me if you would like me to send you a card! Eugenia