World Postcard Day - Potential Group Purchase

I was looking into getting 10 of the Official World Postcard Day cards printed, but after printing and shipping costs, it hardly seems worth just getting 10. Buying in bulk makes them a lot cheaper, however I don’t want (or need) hundreds of them! I wondered if anyone had done, or plans to do, a bulk order and has 10 spare I could buy from them? As well as the cards, I would pay however much postage will be. I did this with someone last World Postcard Day and it worked well. If anyone does, please drop me a message :slight_smile: Thanks!

UPDATE - Please see post below from @eleanorpost about a potential WPD Group Purchase

You can print them by yourself or in paper workshop.

In the German part of the forum Fladina is organizing a bulk order. It’s 0,08€ per card + postage. I’m not sure if she is ok with orders from somewhere else than Germany but you could write her an e-mail and ask.

1 Like

I would try to organise a bulk order within your country’s community. (As stated above) the German community does it every year and they are really, really cheap then.

I know she does for the German speaking community, but not in general. It doesn’t make too much sense, especially outside of the EU due to taxes etc.

1 Like

Thanks both! @BrokkoliKatze @Cassiopheia

Good to know but no worries if she doesn’t do it outside of Germany. I am happy to pay for postage but that’s part of the reason I asked in the British Isles section because the postage costs would be lower.

I’ll wait and see if anyone from the British Isles replies to this post :blush:

1 Like

@geo_ Last year one kind German postcrosser agreed to send me an amount of WPD cards I wanted through this German bulk order and I paid him the costs and the postage. Maybe you could this kind of a possibility in the visitors’ corner in the German subcommunity?

1 Like

I’d be interested in taking part in a group order if someone was to organize it?

I ordered myself last year and I got far too many so don’t want to do that again :laughing:

2 Likes

I bought some from @GloucesterStamps last year, but he doesn’t seem to be active at the moment.
I’d be happy to join in with a group purchase -i only want a handful!

2 Likes

I’m interested in putting in an order for us all - I just want to gauge interest though so I don’t get too many.

At <40p per postcard plus postage, could everyone please comment how many you’d like? If there’s enough to make it work then I’ll put the order in this weekend.

British Isles only please, to make the postage easier.

1 Like

If the order goes ahead, I’d like 10 please :blush: Thank you for looking into organising it!

1 Like

I’d like 20 please if the order goes ahead. Thank you! :smiley:

1 Like

5 please if the order goes ahead

1 Like

What a brilliant idea. If the order goes ahead please can I have 20.

Thanks

Michelle

1 Like

That’s great, we’ve already got enough interest to definitely put the order in and make it <30p per postcard. I’ll still wait for the weekend before placing the order so there’s still time for more people to join in.

1 Like

The postcards have arrived and they’re looking great! Could you all please send me a message with your address and I’ll get them posted ASAP :postbox:

1 Like

Many thanks @eleanorpost . They arrived safely here and they look great

2 Likes