Recipient deleted image

It’s within the rules, and it happens how often? Once in 80 cards? (Probably much less).

As with many things here (and in society in general): shrug, accept, forget and move on

6 Likes

Fortunately, very rarely, almost never. It only happened to me once and I’ve seen max 5 such profiles over the years. But I think the persons behind these profiles make others send them not so nice cards. At least I wouldn’t send my favorite card.

2 Likes

Well, that is their risk (though of course this leads to the broader philosophical discussion about the dynamic of giving presents (just like in this episode when Lisa gave non-reader Bart a book as a present)).

For us affected senders (I had two deletions so far) we only can ask ourselves how much power we want to give to these experiences. Be annoyed and ungood and full of revengeful thoughts one minute? One hour? A year?

3 Likes

Would love to keep all my cards on The walls,
but if deletion ever occurs all i can do is-

"Keep Calm and Carry On”

I hardly ever look at my sent wall.
If I have a really lovely card, I take a photo of it. There is always the risk that the card won’t end up to a wall even when the member would scan all their cards, because sometimes the card is lost.
So if I want to see some card, I buy many, or take a photo, or keepit :smile:

1 Like

I recently deleted one of my sent postcards picture for the first time. The reason is that the receiver kept adding it and deleting it from his favourites, so I kept receiving emails all the time, it felt like spam. Strange behaviour, right?

3 Likes

I thought once it’s been logged in as received only the other person can remove it?

The sender can delete any image he uploaded, even after it has been registered.

The sender cannot upload an image after it has been registered, nor can he delete an image uploaded by the receiver.

3 Likes

I once got a russian profile, the person asked for LGBTQIA cards, I sent it in an envelope back then (did cost the same but I actually would have paid more to not cause him trouble) because I didn’t want to get him in any trouble or the card go missing.
I would have fully understood if he deleted the image of the card if he thinks that’s needed.

Won’t ever have a 100% wall as I sent cards earlier than the wall existed and most of the old receivers are not even existing anymore so I don’t care that much about my sent wall.

1 Like

I have had a few of these instances, but usually they upload their own scan/photo of the received card. I like to believe that they want to show the “after”… especially if they have travel marks and scars from it’s journey from postcrosser to postcrosser.

2 Likes

Didn’t you know that you can change your settings to not receive those emails?

1 Like

No. The photo can be removed by the person who uploaded it.

1 Like

That’s the reason why I delete images from senders even if they are scanned in good quality, and upload my own. Just in case one day they decide to delete whatever possible from their wall, so I don’t have to go hunting for that particular card after months or years.

Do senders get a notification when the recipient deletes the picture? If so, I guess some people who sent cards to me and pre-uploaded the image in good quality are a bit mystified as well when I put up basically the same image again later :sweat_smile:

I don’t need a complete wall, but at least for the received ones I’d like it to be in my power to decide if I want to show cards.

5 Likes

No, they don’t get a notification. Fortunately! I agree with you. I often upload a new photo especially if the original is of poor quality.

4 Likes

I just had my card received by someone who apparently deletes every single photo as the first thing they do. There seem to be a handful of people like that.

2 Likes

I remember a profile where the postcrosser said for senders to him not to bother uploading a scan because he deleted all from his received wall and loaded them into his blog instead. I thought that was a bit mean spirited.

5 Likes

I know this is an older post, but is this still true?

I recently noticed that a number of my received cards had no photos uploaded. So I scanned them and uploaded them to my wall a few days ago. Now, looking at the wall it appears that one of the senders deleted an image that I, the receiver, posted. I thought this wasn’t possible, but I guess it is?

It’s not possible

Maybe you uploaded the wrong card, and the sender asked admins for correction?

…thanks - issue resolved!

2 Likes