Questions regarding to USPS

I noticed that some of my usps packages was stuck somewhere. is that because of the thanksgiving?

Was it mailed from a US to a US address? Vertical address makes it non machinable. Total price should be $1.06. Since it’s not classified as a postcard, so 66 cents plus 40 cents for non machinable. That’s the current value of the butterfly stamp.
Half the time nobody looks at it, so I’ve seen them go through with no postage due markings.

1 Like

Thanksgiving should not affect the delivery of your packages. Now, the genius who runs the USPS hasn’t been shy by saying mail delivery will take longer. Come December, you can expect delays with package delivery. Moreover, US mailers will get dinged with “holiday pricing.” Ohh…I forgot; prices increase next January too.

Thank you. This is good to know.

Thank you

is the postal service still unable to mail letters or postcards to Russia? when will it begin again??

Yes

When the Special Military Operation is finished.

ok thank you Johnk60

So, postage rates is going up again soon. I’m stocking up on some forevers. I now enjoy putting several stamps on a card. Plus, this is the only time that doing math actually brings me joy.

Just want to share the following combinations (<5 stamps in total, with all varieties available from online usps) if anyone else is interested:

For exact global postage ($1.55):

• 2 forever ($0.68) + 10 cents + 5 cents + 4 cents
  • two ounce ($0.92) + postcard ($0.53) + 10 cents
  • 2 postcard + 2 additional ounce ($0.24) + 1 cent
  • postcard + forever + additional ounce + 1 cent
  • 2 postcard + 40 cents + 5 cents + 4 cents

For over paying less than 5 cents:

• 2 forever + additional ounce ($1.6 total)
  • two ounce + forever ($1.6 total)
  • 3 postcard ($1.59 total)
  • 2 forever + 10 cents + 10 cents ($1.56 total)
4 Likes

I want to start making some fdoi postcards since they’re very pretty. But I’m having trouble finding the matching postcards. I know sometimes usps sell some of the matching cards but usually oversized. Do you guys have any suggestions where to buy some matching cards of normal size? I mean it’s easier to buy cards with relative themes, but I want to use the cards with exactly the same image on it to make some fdoi. Is there any way to get them?

I know that now the US post office does not send mail to Russia, how much earlier before the ban was imposed was it worth sending a parcel (300-500 grams) to Russia?

Hello everyone, my question is:

Will letters, postcards and packages be delivered by USPS on December 25th and December 26th?

Merry Christmas :christmas_tree:

Today, December 25, there will be no regular mail delivery via the U.S.P.S. Regular delivery will resume on the 26th.

1 Like

Hello,

Curious, if one asks to “postmark a card with today’s date,” at the US post office, is it technically the same thing as asking to “hand-cancel”? I.e., they would put the same ink stamp in either case?

Thank you in advance!

I’m no expert and you should probably ask your local postoffice, but I don’t think it’s the same thing. They may accept a card and throw it in the bin with all the others, knowing it’s going through the cancelation machines that same day.

Some clerks are cooperative about hand-cancelling if you ask nicely. Others may grouch that you have to pay more for it. A few might give you the hand cancellation to do yourself if you have a bunch of them - like 200 wedding invitations. There is a fair amount of variability, clerk to clerk, post office to post office, in the USPS - that’s what I’ve observed.

3 Likes

I have been noticing many of my US received postcards that used to come with the regular daisy flower stamps are now coming mostly with some kind of QR code meter stamp. Does anyone know if the US is changing their stamps to this for international postcards? Thanks.

1 Like

@swandog
The international stamps are available but if you do not ask for a stamp the post office will print out the qr instead.

2 Likes

It’s also what you get when you buy ‘stamps’ from the self service kiosk. Except you don’t know that you’re not getting real stamps until you’ve already paid and received the labels. :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

New members may not know there is an international stamp, their local PO may be out, or perhaps they chose not to use one as many complain about receiving them so often (I stocked up on the old designs like the poinsettia that Ive used for the holidays; folks probably haven’t seen that one in awhile).

1 Like

It’s possible that with the holidays that some post offices ran out of the international flower stamps. My local post office has been out of international stamps for about 3 weeks and only just got them back yesterday.

1 Like