Questions about the forum

Thank you @Kanerva had not realized that clicking on the date would bring me back up, thanks!

1 Like

thank you @Lotty - not quite sure what or where you put 1, but @Kanerva’s hint was helpful. Thanks again!

Hi all, can the person who originated a topic also delete it after people have begun to post to it?

I don’t think so. If I move my cursor over the Bildschirmfoto 2020-11-20 um 18.54.20 of the first post in a topic I created, it says that I “do not have permission to delete this topic”
If you want to delete a topic, you should flag it for a moderator to do it for you. (Of course, they could say no.)
If you just want to delete the original post but not the topic… I do not know whether this is possible. You could, however, edit your post so that it basically says nothing.

Thanks Gesa!

I am a bit slow in learning. I have moved my existing threads from old to new forum. So far so good but no idea what I can do in place of u2u. How do I send a private message to members in my thread, especially addresses, which I do not wish to display addresses if I use “Reply”.

Please don’t ask me to go look at this or that tutorial. Can please explain to me by replying here - thanks cos I am a slow learner. Thanks for your patience and help.

If you click on the avatar of someone you can choose “message”:

Or you click on your avatar in the right corner , choose message (double click) and go to the message center

1 Like

How can you tell how many Likes you have given/received? Is there a running total somewhere?

Click in the right corner on your Avatar.
Double click on your name.
Summery.

Thank you Billie, I was looking in the wrong place. :clap:

I can only advise you to try out all kinds of things here - nothing can really happen, and if it does, call an administrator for help :upside_down_face:

I’m trying to work something out, but it doesn’t make sense to me. Don’t really want to post in public, so I guess I’ll find out eventually.

2 posts were split to a new topic: Hidding public profile

Just to say it’s hard work to make myself comfortable on the new forum.

I am about to take over a Bingo for someone. Is there anything that can be done to transfer post authorship or anything else so that I don’t have to start a new thread and have Bingo participants re-copy their stats (after just having done it to come to the new forum)? If post authorship can’t be altered, maybe I create a new thread and then mods can move over the other posts currently in the thread? (I see where paulo just split a post, so maybe this can be done.)

Post authorship can be transferred! Please ask the original owner to flag their first post with the request, or send us a message about it. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Oooh, I think I’m the former host. This sounds exciting, I’m gonna try it!

Edit: Yay, it worked! Thank you!

1 Like

Is there a way to make pages so that I wouldn’t have to scroll down many, many posts to read the newest posts at the bottom of the thread? In the old forum there were pages and it was VERY easy to navigate. This scrolling consumes way too much time for me and I simply give up.

Also, what is the purpose of two windows I see when I type a comment here?

1 Like

There is no pagination, but when you click the blue square with message count:

you can simply click the latest date and end up right to the latest entry.

You are on the computer, so the second view is a preview. You can see for example emojis and pictures and layout as they will be after posting, while on the actual writing space on the left they are in code.

1 Like

It’s a good idea to do the Postbot tutorial (you’ll find it on your messages, it’s the one titled “Greetings!”). The bot will help you get familiar with the forum, including its navigation.

You should also have a look through the Forum User Guide as well — there’s a section for navigation with different tips to speed up your workflow. :slight_smile: