Questions about the forum

I think there is actually a way. If you use the add button to invite “postbot” to the conversation, then the “remove” option should show up again, and you can then remove yourself.

I guess that leaves postbot stuck in, but since it isn’t a real person, it won’t mind :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: General Meetup Discussions

:joy::joy::joy: clever! x

1 Like

I’m just checking out the forum. I’ve found several topics that are interesting, but they start several years ago. How do you get to the most recent answers to those questions?

1 Like

It’s slightly different depending on your phone or computer, but before opening a thread you should see somewhere over on the right where it says how recently the last post was made in minutes, hours, or days, for example “3m” for three minutes. Click directly on that number, and it takes you to the last post.

Once in a thread (if you opened it the normal way, and not as I’ve described above) the difference between a phone and computer becomes much greater.

On a computer: There’s a bar on the right side of the screen, and you can click the number at the bottom of it.

On a phone: Click the blue numbers in the lower right-hand corner, then a box will pop up with other options, one of which is to click on the number showing how recently the last post was made.

Sorry for the long explanation, it’s just confusing because there are different ways.

Welcome to the forum! :wave:

PS. If you’re still confused, let us know what type of device you’re using, and someone with the same can probably post screenshots to make it more clear :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

How do I tell which RRs and tags are moderated?

@bookendss Tags and RRs that are moderated are identified because there is a host or moderator involved. Perhaps a few examples:

Moderated Tag “North America Meets the World RR” The Moderator lists the Open Groups to Join. Each group consists of (3) North America (US and Canada) slots and (3) slots from other countries. When the six slots are filled, the Moderator then sends the members the addresses of the other members. Then the 3 World members send a card to each of the North America members; the NA members send 3 cards to the World members.

Moderated Traveling Envelope - [RR] North America: Traveling Envelope RR [NA TE RR]. These types of RRs usually involve 10 Unwritten cards sent in an envelope. The Moderator may host groups to join, but quite often members host groups too. If a member wants to host a TE, they send the parameters of the TE to the Group moderator. So, for example, I hosted a TE for Lighthouses.

Each TE has 5-6 members who join up. When they post a request to join, they sometimes request a “seat” or place in the TE. Many people like slots places 3 or 4. When the Group is complete, the Moderator send the Host the addresses of the members who have joined. Then the Host selects (10) postcards putting a post-it note on each of their cards. They then send the envelope with (10) cards to the first name on the list. That member selects the cards they like replacing the ones taken with their own cards (again with stickers/post-it notes on the backs). They mark on the traveling sheet the date they mailed the TE to the next member. And the process is repeated till it reaches member #5 on the list. That member then returns the TE to the host. Ideally, none of the Host’s cards will be in the envelope when it returns home.

I hope this has been instructive…Ron

2 Likes

Here on this page you will find the names of all moderators :arrow_right: About - Postcrossing Community

The RR and tag moderators are responsible for all RRs and tags in Games and Activities

In the communities, either the community moderators are responsible or, in the case of communities without their own moderator, all moderators.

Basically, you can reach all moderators by flagging a post or a topic.
To do this, select “Something else” and enter your question or a short description of your problem in the dialogue box.

In addition, each RR has a host who you should contact first if you have any questions about or problems within the RR.

Long story short:
All RRs and tags are moderated.

1 Like

How do you make a wiki? :slight_smile:

You can change a topic to a wiki by contacting one of the leaders. You need to have the “Regular” status to create a wiki on your own.
This is a topic (wiki) specifically for stamp prices for postcards.
Please use the topic Questions about the forum in the Help!

@CStar9 Since this is a topic for maintaining the wiki, you’d probably like to start a new topic or ask one of the leaders to move your post to start a new topic (You will get more views that way too).

1 Like

Question about messages in forum.

If this has already been addressed already, sorry about that. I’m in a bit of a time crunch. So, if someone could help me out, it would be great!

How can you filter messages by user? I don’t see an option. I’m trying to find the quickest way to locate a message from a month ago and it’s taking ages.

Edit: I recently found a stack of cards I thought I had thanked/notified the sender for but I have not! I have way too many messages to go through so I searched the user to see if our message exchange will pop up but some of the users have hidden profiles and it’s a dead end as nothing comes up. So my next step is to go into messages and try to find that topic there. However, I’ve had so many messages from certain tags it’s impossible to find the one with that particular user.
Also, I’m usually on a mobile device but I signed in from my laptop for this and it’s the same issue.
Thank you in advance!

@Dar

Do you mind breaking down the steps of how you got to this because I’m in messages and there is no possible clickable area to type a name.
@Seracker

When in messages, click on the magnifying glass next to your avatar

This then comes out

You can then put the person’s ID into the box, for example @Seracker

Hope this helps!

So for me, this does not then bring up the messages between this person and myself.

If I change the drop-down selection to users it just shows me the user, and once clicking on the username it says the profile is hidden.

You need to put the @ in front of the person’s ID

2 Likes

Oh em gee :laughing:
I finally got it! Thank you for your patience :face_holding_back_tears:

Cheers!

I took a couple of screenshots to illustrate my question, but why is it that sometimes there is a reply counter on thread replies, and it shows that a comment is a reply, but it doesn’t show it when I post a reply? It makes me think that the person I am replying to will not know that I am replying to them and that I need to tag them so that they will see it. What’s up with that?

You see the “arrow to avatar”, when there are other replies between your reply and the comment, so other people can also see which comment you are replying to.

If your reply follows the comment right away, there is no “arrow to avatar”. If you use the reply arrow on the comment to reply them, they get a notification just the same, just like you should be getting a notification of this reply.

If you use the blue reply button, they don’t, unless you tag them.

5 Likes