Questions about India Post

Questions about postage costs, stamps, cancelations and so on…

1 Like

Hello friends!
Need urgent help.
I need to send postcard to Russia from India in envelope. but i dont know what value stamp I need to put on envelope. please guide.
On only postcard without envelope I put INR15 stamp.

Thanks
Vijay
Bengaluru

Here it is on the India Post’s website, look for the Tariff tab:

For Russia letters/envelopes are ₹25 (Upto 20gms), if you wish to send it by Air Mail add additional ₹5, totaling ₹30.

1 Like

How to get New Delhi University or New Delhi postmark?my friend want to go New Delhi University in the future, I want to give it to her, next year is a very important year for us, I hope we can all go where we want

1 Like

Rashtrapati Bhavan SO

and other is
Philatelic Bureau, Dak Bhawan

3 Likes

On the IndiaPost site, I noticed there is GST on letter. Are we supposed to add extra stamps for this?

2 Likes

yes
Since nov 2023, gst is also applicabe on registered items.

1 Like

Only on registered items, not normal? The screenshot above was for a 20gm normal letter to USA.

1 Like

Same question here. GST on normal unregistered post is unreasonable. I hope that is not the case
Cannot find a concrete resource online saying what all the recent change was for. This is the only thing I found so far GST imposed on registered post and courier services, GST, registered postage, courier services

1 Like

Update:
Found this on the GST website Goods & Service Tax, CBIC, Government of India :: GST Goods and Services Rates

1 Like

Dear friends,
I am in India and I want to send a postcard to Europe. How much does it cost?
Nedime

1 Like

it is ₹15 for airmail everywhere

1 Like