Question about US Stamps

Hello!

For the last several months I have been using US Global Forever Stamps, but I’d like to swap over to using a combination of smaller denominations based on New U.S. stamp combinations, through the magic of computer programming

However, I’ve heard that some post offices both foreign and international have an issue processing US square forever stamps since they dont display the monetary amount- has anyone experienced that? Ex using two US forever stamps (0.58c) and a 20c stamp to meet the 1.30 international postage.

I’d like to use more interesting stamps, but if this is the case I’ll just stick with the singular Global Forever since I’d prefer my cards to arrive vs. looking cooler.

Thanks!

I have been using two Forever stamps plus at least 14 cents additional postage, and have had no problems.

1 Like

I am no expert but I guess that once the (original country’s) postal service processed a postcard, letter or whatever and passes it on to the next country the next postal service does not have to process the stamp, I doubt that there is any way any postal service in the world “knows” all acceptable stamps of all other postal services.

2 Likes

I’ve always used a combination of forever stamps and vintage U.S. stamps in mailing postcards without a problem. It would make no sense that foreign post offices had a problem “processing” U.S. stamps because really, U.S. stamps are only processed by the U.S.P.S. Once a letter or card leaves the U.S., the postage that had been placed on the stamp in America is really of no concern to a foreign post office, because they’re not the ones to collect the revenue, anyway.

2 Likes

Thank you for your replies! I assumed it would work fine and found the anecdote to be a little odd, but I wanted to check before I started sending out cards with multiple stamps. Thank you!

1 Like

I use a variety of combinations depending on how much space I have on the card.

Non-Machineable (88¢) + Postcard (40¢) + Navajo Jewelry (2¢) = $1.30
Statue of Freedom ($1) + Brush Rabbit (20¢) + Pears (10¢) = $1.30
Forever (58¢) + Forever (58¢) + Pears (10¢) + Chippendale Chair (4¢) = $1.30

For the as many stamps as you can fit tag, I have figured out that I can usually fit 18 stamps on a standard postcard. A while back, I had a joker in my family give me a roll of 3,000 1¢ stamps as a gift, so I use them on that tag.

International: Forever (58¢) + Postcard (40¢) + Pears (10¢) + Grapes (5¢) + Coffeepot (3¢) + Navajo Jewelry (2¢) + 12 x 1¢ = $1.30
Domestic: Brush Rabbit (20¢) + Coffeepot (3¢) + Navajo Jewelry (2¢) + 15 x 1¢ = 40¢

2 Likes

I’ve been using vintage stamps made in packets for the correct totals. Right now it’s 50c + 39c + 41c = $1.30 for international and 25c + A-rate = 40c for domestic. I don’t use the A-rate stamp for international (it’s 15c) but I suppose I could.

Also, it’s my understanding that most mail isn’t checked for proper postage, just that there is a stamp. Of course, if the automatic machinery can’t determine, it’s kicked out for human processing, and then it might be noticed. I see all sorts of values for mail coming in from other countries, some of which is way over and some is way under what should be.

1 Like

Thank you for sharing your experiences!

I have been sending two forever stamps (66 cents each) and an additional ounce stamp(24 cents currently), so a little over in postage but not by much.