Question about print services

Hi everyone!
I would like to print 10 free design postcards for World Postcard Day 2023 Postal Hug but I don’t know where is the best print service in the UK. I used a Vista print and was a bit disappointed with the quality and also my postcards last time came with damaged corners :frowning:
What service do you use for yourself?
Thank you in advance :blush:

2 Likes

Perhaps you could consult @MoominMog to ask which printer she used?

1 Like

I get mine from Zazzle.com

2 Likes

@Stellarkat I moved your question to here and changed the headline so that the meaning of the topic is clearer.

1 Like

Thank you .

2 Likes

I used vista print. I have some spare if you’d like to purchase 10 off me, just send me a message :blush:

1 Like

Vista print is definitely terrible. All the best with getting suggestions. I’ll be following as well. In the US Zazzle and Moo are good. Zazzle’s shipping can be a bit slow so order early. I believe Zazzle is in the UK as well. The printing is exceptional. I really like Moo and Zazzle best.

1 Like

I’ve used Moo in the past and the quality and speed has been excellent (better than Zazzle in my opinion, no experience of any others). If you are new to Moo you can get 20% off, and they often have a sale on. I think that the minimum order may be 25 though.

1 Like

I’ve been using print.work recently. The quality is top notch, they have good eco credentials, and the cards always arrive well packaged, undamaged, and on time.

The cards are completely uncoated too - that means they don’t have a glossy layer applied to either side. Great for writing on the back, but something to bear in mind if you really like the ‘classic’ postcard look with a glossy front.

2 Likes

Thank you ! Could you tell me please what type of paper is better? There is a Beluga Smooth and Unicorn White - is it big difference between them?

1 Like

Unicorn White is the one I use for cards going through the post - it’s very smooth and easy to write on, and it’s the thickest/heaviest card, so stands the best chance of surviving a trip across the world! It’s about the same stiffness as the Royal Mail PHQ cards, if you’re familiar with those. It’s a bright white, but it hasn’t been bleached and there are tiny flecks of grey in it (it’s 100% recycled, after all).

The Beluga Smooth has a very very fine powder coating applied which makes it feel really smooth, and makes colours looks amazing, but a bit tricky to write smoothly on - probably best for photos rather than postcards you intend to send.

They send out free sample packs if you want to see the different papers yourself.

3 Likes

Wow - thank you so much for your advise! I will try definitely!

1 Like

Hi Stellarkat, You’re welcome. Happy Printing and Postcrossing. Let us know about your thoughts on the printing when you get them.

1 Like