Purchasing Australian Maxi Cards

Hi everyone, especially those in Australia.

As you know Australia Post does one thing really well - producing beautiful maximum cards which are keenly sought after by people all over the world. I use lots in my swaps as they are so nice but also for the huge cost saving now that postage is almost making Postcrossing an unaffordable hobby. I find them in all sorts of places and purchase as many as I can. I’m about to order another 200 and thought I’d let people in Australia know in case they are interested in purchasing. They are $70 per 100 cards plus postage
Here’s his email in case anyone is interested.

matt@sandybaystamps.com

I think this is a great deal which is why I’m passing the information on.
Hope this helps someone and to everyone Happy Postcrossing.

13 Likes

Wow that sounds awesome! Do you get to choose the cards or is it random? And I’m guessing they’re all prepaid AusPost ones?

2 Likes

Unfortunately it’s random but with the wide variety of topics Australia Post designs there’s usually a good range to suit most tastes.
I see lots of people list maxi cards as something that interests them and they are just happy with a nice maxi card rather than a particular topic.
Yes it’s a great deal with about 75 cents providing a lovely card, stamp and special postmark that is valid to send anywhere in the world for no additional cost.

5 Likes

Yes, maxicards are a great option. I find you can get great deals on ebay.

Definitely EBay, Gumtree etc. And yes we are so fortunate that even full price at the post office is still a good deal as it’s all inclusive. Without maxi cards, paying for postage on every card is now just so expensive. Over $4 to many countries makes it a very expensive hobby.

Based on my experience, a good deal would be somewhere around 50 cents a piece.

That’s a super price which I’ve managed to find occasionally but usually only for a few cards.

Just FYI in case you haven’t seen, but the flat rate for cards is now $3. Maybe a year or so ago, they made the ‘seasonal greeting card’ rate apply all year for international cards and also include postcards. That’s obviously still a lot, but better than the letter rates!

1 Like

Thanks for this.
I’ve bought from Matt via ebay several times in the past. Will now contact him direct.

Thanks for that. Yes it’s been a bit confusing the price of postcards but I think you are right that it is now a flat rate of $3. This is quite a good deal considering the price of average letters.
I still like to stamp postcards myself and do send a mixture of stamped cards and maxi cards. When maxi cards are cheap like this deal I try to purchase as many as I can as it allows me to build my collection as well as get cards on lots of different topics.

1 Like

No problem. When I saw the deal I thought I had to pass it on. I’ve purchased from Matt in the past too so I know he is a credible supplier. Good luck.

I’ve already ordered 200 and paid for them!

I’m going to order 200 as well and maybe some more in a few weeks time. I hope you get many nice cards on a range of topics.

Thanks for the recommendation! I just bought 100 cards from Matt and the range of themes is wonderful! I didn’t get any duplicates, and the price is such a great deal!

Thanks for letting me know. Yes I can’t find any better deals and as you say the cards are great. I know they are appreciated all over the world.
Happy Easter.

1 Like