Project about cultures and traditions in the world with 8-9 year olds

I’m Sam, and I’m here to introduce a new educational project that I’m starting with my group of 8-9-year-olds in grade 5. This project centers around the exploration of diverse cultures and traditions from around the world.

Before I go deeper into the details of this project, I’d like to share some pictures of my past project on Postcrossing. I organized two other projects with different age groups, both of which were a resounding successes. The children’s and there parents enthusiasm were so amazing to see.

Now, I’m excited to continue this journey of cultural exploration with a fresh group of young minds, eager to learn about our global community.

The current theme of study for these students is “How People Live Around the World.” In this theme, they are exploring into how individuals in various parts of the world sleep, dine, cope with their climate, celebrate, and receive their education. This project offers a unique opportunity for them to broaden their horizons and gain a deeper understanding of our world.

Our goal is to collect a minimum of 20 postcards, each representing a country. Each postcard will serve as a window into the daily lives and cultural practices of people from diverse backgrounds.

We plan to commence this project in October, with the aim of having all postcards ready by the Chirstmas holiday season.

If you’re interested in contributing to this educational project and sharing a glimpse of your culture with these enthusiastic young learners, please feel free to send me a private message. I will provide you with more information (Child name) on how to participate.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Warm regards,

Sam

Address:
Sam Emmers
Jan de Rooijstraat 14
5171DS Kaatsheuvel
The Netherlands

7 Likes

PM sent

1 Like

may i join in the project

1 Like

PM sent

1 Like

Pm sent

1 Like

I am glad to send a postcard from New York City, USA. And I can add a 2-page summary of what living in this City is like. I have done such a summary for other elementary school classes, both in English and their local language. Should I just send a postcard, or add the summary, too?

Ik stuur graag een ansichtkaart uit New York City, VS. En ik kan er een samenvatting van 2 pagina’s aan toevoegen over hoe het is om in deze stad te wonen. Ik heb zo’n samenvatting voor andere basisschoolklassen gemaakt, zowel in het Engels als in hun eigen taal. Moet ik alleen een ansichtkaart sturen of ook de samenvatting toevoegen?

1 Like

I participated last year. I saw both the card I sent and the one I received. Please let me know if I can participate again. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes you can :slight_smile:

Ye the summary will be a nice thing added :slight_smile:

Yes, you can join this project again :smile:

I see my last one in the photos! Good stuff. I’ll be more than happy to participate again.

1 Like

Will do; mailing it tomorrow. Regards, JamesC

1 Like

Hi Sam
Would you like to receive postcards from Brazil?

Claudia Farani

1 Like

Hello Everyone,

I hope this message finds you well. I wanted to provide you with an update on our cultural exploration project. First of all, thank you to everyone who has already committed to being a part of this enriching experience!

As of now, we have a total of 11 participants, representing the following countries:

• Indonesia: 1 participant
  • USA: 5 participants
  • Spain: 1 participant
  • Russia: 1 participant
  • Germany: 2 (1=3 cards) participants
  • Brazil: 1 participant

It’s wonderful to see such excitement, and I want to express my gratitude to those who have already joined in. Your contributions will play a significant role in broadening the horizons of the class.

However, we are still in need of at least 8 more participants to reach our goal of 20 postcards from different countries. Our aim is to provide the students with a wide-ranging view of cultures from around the world. Therefore, we would greatly appreciate it if we could secure participants from various countries not yet represented.

If you haven’t already joined or if you have friends or acquaintances who might be interested in contributing to this educational initiative, please consider inviting them to participate. Together, we can create an even more comprehensive and enriching cultural exchange for these young students.

To express your interest or to refer someone to the project, please send me a private message, and I will provide you/them with all the necessary details.

Your involvement is valuable, and we look forward to sharing this educational journey with you all.

Thank you for your commitment to expanding the horizons of the next generation!

Warm regards,

Sam

I wanna join! I’d tell some interesting stuff about Russia :smiley:

1 Like

PM sent.

1 Like

hello! I can send a postcard with an illustration to a Russian folk tale, if it’s not too late and the project is relevant.

1 Like

Hi Sam! I am a high-school student in Beijing, China. We have many postcard-lovers in our school, and we can share interesting traditions and facts about China (Maybe a Chinese character or so)
Really want to participate!

Maisy

1 Like

Hello
I received postcard from Rune
I love it.
Thank you

Happy postcrossing

Hello, if it’s bit too late (I only see the topic now) I can send a postcard from France. Please let me know