Profiles which you love to get

just keep on going how you’re going and your fine. there is nothing wrong with your profile right now.
the difference between me liking a profile and really disliking a profile is phrasing like ‘please send/write me xyz’ or ‘you could send/write me xyz, but it’s cool if you don’t’

4 Likes

I feel your pain! Do you REALLY want to know that I adore Barry Manilow and Broadway show tunes? LOL!

5 Likes

Pigeon/sea gull poop horror stories? I think I had the same profile a few weeks ago. I had a lot of fun sending them a card! :smiley:

3 Likes

I do understand you, @mchay! It happens to me as well, when people ask me about favorites my mind just goes blank - in person too. (It’s comically terrible)

I like to get creative profiles, they’re really fun to read. But also simple ones. And people who like touristic cards, because it’s easier for me to have those.
I also look at the languages they speak, I like when people speak German or French so I can practice a little - but on specific and harder subjects I feel more comfortable with English.
I love when we have something in common but then I might feel a bit guilty because I don’t have book cards and etc. But it’s really nice when I see something on the profile and remember a card “oh, that would be just perfect!”

3 Likes

Yes, actually; I do! :laughing:

2 Likes

I like it when it says ‘Last online one minute ago’ - I get a little thrill knowing we are online at the same time.

1 Like

I’m happy with any profile that is open ended and gives me some choice as to what I can write and send. I mean, obviously, people can send whatever they want regardless of what the profile says since your only obligation is to send a postcard–but it’s more fun sending to profiles that are written in that spirit rather than ones that imply that there are constraints as to what postcard you should send.

3 Likes

I just received a card from that same person! :smiley:

3 Likes

You sound interesting. Maybe someday we can trade and be friends.

I love when members’ profiles are on the longer side - and not necessarily because of listed (possibly common) interests or anything like that (although it’s also very cool!), but more as if they were expressing their worldview through the text. I have seen profiles where they don’t really mention any details about themselves and yet I feel like I know them because it represented their thoughts, values and mindset so well. My messages on postcards to those people immediately become much more thoughtful (even though I try to personalize my message to everyone I send). As a book and movie lover, I also like when they mention their favorite movies and books, even if I haven’t checked them out myself!

4 Likes

I like to introduce his career, family members and so on in his profile.

I would love to get a card confessing someone’s love of One Direction! Why would you need to conceal it?

3 Likes

I just read profile with yearly wishes. “My 2020 project: cards about food and kitchen because I will renovate my kitchen.”
I love this idea :slight_smile:
I will edit my profile and will try to make 2021 project :blush:
What do you think should be my 2021 project? :blush: :smile:

3 Likes

Yes, of course! It may not be my cuppa tea, but then again, it might be. You may find some kindred spirits.

I recently received a card from someone and the ID # was one higher than a card I had sent to someone else. So we were online at the same time requesting addresses. I thought that was kinda neat.

6 Likes

I occasionally enjoy to get almost empty profiles saying “you can send me anything” or just say 2-3 things about themselves. It helps declutter my head and stash and it is just, simple.

But Im also excited to get a profile with a wishlist where there is ONE CARD i have that fits perfectly. (or so I think…!)

Im very intimidated by lists that contain names of artists or famous people because Im so sure I dont have any cards by/with them. I almost never know who these people are… :no_mouth:

7 Likes

I like any artist on here :> So i can draw them something back!

I love to get adresses/profiles from the Netherlands, because then I can write in Dutch, my favorite foreign language :slight_smile:

1 Like

I love profiles of newbies!!
Just because I believe my card will be special to them, since they don’t have many cards yet. It applies to myself anyway, I only receive a few cards a month, so every card in my mailbox feels like a wonderful gift.

I could be wrong, but if I send a card to a collector that gets 10 cards daily, I feel like my card is just another card. And probably not even a card they really want.

11 Likes

I just got a profile which asks the sender only to translate the name of their city - and I am happy because I can experiment with some little drawings I’ve been wanting to do :grin:

1 Like