Profile with "regular postcards only"

Hi everyone!:grinning:

I just got a profile that said “regular postcards only” and I wasn’t sure what it meant.
I’m a newbie here so I was curious if are they referring to the size of the postcard, maybe they just want tourist cards, or something completely different ?

I would assume it means they want standard sized postcards, no notecards, letters or any other type of cards. Not sure about theme, but you could check if they have any favourites on their wall. That might hint on if they meant touristy cards or just postcards generally. But at the end of the day, you are allowed to send any kind of postcard so you don’t need to stress out about not having the specific postcard.

4 Likes

Hi @Kompis-Ninna
thank you! :grinning: I hadn’t thought to go check her favourites, it looks like its mostly touristy cards so I think I’ll play it safe and send a touristy view postcard

3 Likes

Perhaps it also means no home-made art cards or ad cards?

3 Likes

For me it means a postcard. I have received pages from magazines as postcards or just a letter. Those are not regular postcards to me.
Maybe she had bad experiences in the past and would like to point out that she would like a postcard.

2 Likes

Probably any standard sized commercially sold postcard is safe

2 Likes

Send anything you like! Ignore the petty tyrannies of such people, and just send whichever card your hand lands upon with your eyes closed! :grin:

3 Likes

This is a subjective type of question. I have in my profile that I prefer "genuine" postcards. That is those that are store-bought. By that I hope to avoid getting pieces of slapped together junk that some like to send out. Again, that is me.

3 Likes

thank you everyone for the input, you’ve been awesome, Its been really helpful to hear from all of you!

I’ve posted a standard postcard of my country so fingers crossed I got it right for them :joy:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.