Pressed Flowers

Hello Everyone,
Recently i have seen many beautiful greetings card and birthday cards with nice pressed flower art.
I don’t know much about it, but i saw few videos & read some blogs. May be postcrossing community will be happy to share their experiences and thier creative Flower art.
Thank you.

Ps. Motive of this art is not harm nature, i will pick least possible flowers from trees.

17 Likes

I love it! I didn’t know that art, but find it really amazing! Does it smell anything?

1 Like

@Aguaroble Not actually, as it’ll be put to be pressed in a book for few weeks

1 Like

I’ve seen a tutorial where a flower is placed on paper, covered with wax paper and gently hammered. The shape and colours of the flower are left on the paper. Lovely effect. Might give it a go now that spring is here and we have some flowers in the garden :smile:

2 Likes

Last summer I pressed flowers and leaves and then made some stickers:

And this is how I used them:

My next step is to try that tutorial of hammered flowers @gailthesnail is talking about :slightly_smiling_face:

32 Likes

STICKERS!?! That’s so cool!!

1 Like

Omg, this looks adorable :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
Cutest thing i saw today :two_hearts::two_hearts:

1 Like

I remember pressing flowers way back in the 1970s. Mum made two large flower presses, one for her and one for me (MUCH bigger than the tiddly little things you could buy in the shops). It’s such a shame that the colours don’t tend to last. After a while in a picture, on a postcard, or wherever, everything ends up brown.

2 Likes

@Florallle thanks, yeah i have noticed many of the flower turn brown, but some of the rose and other white flower keeps their colors

2 Likes

Wow so beautiful @Hemang !! I remember pressing flowers then making them into stickers however the moisture was still in the flowers. (So didn’t work out) If you think your flowers are not airing out completely, submerging them in a container of silica gels or clean cat litter can dry them out! (Be very gentle when taking them out or covering them) Very beautiful artistic card! :grin:

1 Like

Thank you so much for the tips:) I would definitely like to see your floral Artworks)) I hadn’t made any card but pressed few flowers in my book

1 Like

Wow, so beautiful thank you @MariaTi for sharing :clap:

1 Like

4 Likes

Wow, never thought vintage postcards can be expressed with Beautiful flower, you did pretty awesome work :pinched_fingers: :clap:

1 Like

Letters on a magnolia leaf

6 Likes

Wow!!
Stamps on Leaf, I would definitely like to take a cancellation on this kind of leaves!!

Thank you so much for introducing me another interesting aspect of postcrossing @MARI00

1 Like

I would like to put the pressed flowers onto a postcard, but I have no idea how I can protect them. What would you put on flowers that have been pressed? Does anyone have ideas on making pressed flower postcards? If so I would like some tips and advice on what to do after you have them dried…

5 Likes

@bloomcloud
The only things I can think of are plastic sleeves (like postcard protectors), using mod podge or Krylon coating. You could test it out on one or two pieces and see if they arrive at the destination properly.

3 Likes