Pre scanning postcards?

Excuse me, I just don’t understand the structure of the forum yet… I decided to come here quite recently. Now I have read the rules of the forum and understood everything! sorry

7 Likes

No problem at at! All of us have been new to the forum at one point and we all have had to learn the ropes. :smile:
And welcome to the forum!

4 Likes

Thank you very much!

1 Like

That makes sense.
I actually store them on a seperate hard drive that is mostly used for movies and such. My postcard pictures don’t make a dent in the amount of storage left. :smiley:

3 Likes

Don’t worry about it! Welcome at the forum!

Nope, I use my iphone for everything. I use Photoscan app for each card when it’s about to begin its journey and photograph the print side too for my own record as I decorate each card.

3 Likes

Yes, I have a few of the images of some basic tourist and meet-up cards saved on my laptop that I send out regularly.
Otherwise most of my cards are designs and images (art cards, cats, vintage, random, etc) that I only have one physical copy of postcard, so I don’t need to save the photo for any reason after uploading it here on PC when I mail it.

1 Like

Having accumulated quite a number of postcards (something over 2000 waiting to be sent, excluding box sets and books) and worked out how to use the scanner at work to scan relatively quickly I am aiming to scan all my “stock”. I feel that it will help me keep track of what I have, make it easier to arrange swaps, and remind me of some designs that are at the bottom of the pile and I might otherwise forget.

Long term I may not keep the scans once the postcards are sent, unless I particularly like the designs but so far the process has been quite fun. I am currently busy labelling images, which is somewhat laborious.

3 Likes

Yes I feel the same. I want to keep up with what I have and it’s easier for direct swaps and offer tags if you can show what exactly you have.

2 Likes

I prescan my new cards always. I keep them on the laptop in maps on item and then i can choose from the laptop without fingering all the real cards. I have those in the same categories in a box. So when i send one, the photo is there also ready to upload

1 Like

I write them, then scan any I haven’t already, then attach the image. I thought about scanning them ahead of time, but doing it after writing makes more sense if I have received/registered cards that need to be scanned too. Then it’s all done at the same time :blush:

I do exactly the same!

I scan and upload them with my smartphone when I send them.