Potential Bug - Post temporarily shows as "Liked", despite having reached daily limit

I’m relatively new to forum involvement (although I’m a longtime member of Postcrossing!). I reached my like limit for the day, but was browsing around and absentmindedly clicked “like” on a post I saw. Although was prompted with the pop-up notifying me I had reached the limit, the post still displayed my like :hearts: and the displayed count displayed an increase.

This may be known or expected behavior, nonetheless I wanted to point it out as it doesn’t appear to have been mentioned in this topic. I would have only known my like hadn’t been counted despite the limit had I not re-visited the post to verify that the like limit was indeed operating correctly.

Small potatoes for sure, but trying my best to participate!

2 Likes

Tricky one to reproduce and could just be a special edge case. Will leave this here in case others spot it and report it here too, but as the worst case scenario for this is a new member “accidentally” liking other people posts beyond the limit, I think isn’t terribly problematic. :slight_smile: Thanks for reporting nonetheless!

PS: And welcome to the forum!

1 Like

I had this occur to me frequently. But when I went away from the page and went back, my like/likes were always gone.

It annoyed the heck out of me because I used my likes to track which lotteries I had responded to and which I had not. I don’t participate in the lotteries as much any more, so it doesn’t happen as often. Thank goodness. :grimacing:

1 Like

Thanks for the insight, Paulo. I was able to replicate it with ease yesterday when I hit my 100 like limit. It may be difficult to replicate if you have a higher limit, but I’d happily demonstrate with screen recorder, if you’d like.

As for the impact, like I said small potatoes. However, as @Tinkatutu pointed out, there may be additional experience’s I hadn’t considered.