POSTMARKS and CANCELLATIONS across the globe! [NOT commemorative ones]

On this cancellation the date isn‘t correct set.

In Germany you have Day/ Month/ year

On this date it should say here: 6.5.2024 - not 6.15.2024 :wink:

5 Likes

Clear Postmarks

1 Like

This is so interesting. I would love to find a postcard like the photo that you provided. I live in the USA and our postmarks are typically the name of the city where it was sent.

Wow, this could be a maxi card sans stamp or just a cancelation. :slightly_smiling_face:

But the bird is so cool.
Thank you @Sterrenhemel

4 Likes

Definitely a machine cancel that accidentally got applied at the wrong side but very nice to see so clearly :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

You’re welcome and so cool indeed :smile:. @dlagerwaard is right and then to think I have the matching stamp here but chose to use a different one from the set (and border) for variation. But these are domestic ones and I’ve thought about what would happen if I’d put the matching stamp on the front of the card and the additional ones on the back. I know it’s not supposed to be like that, but I think I’ll give it a try next time. 50% chance it’ll get a (non-matching) cancellation, I guess :slot_machine:.

3 Likes

Had a really interesting roller cancellation from Japan recently! Had no idea roller stamps were still in use… even Google seemed stumped as I didn’t find any clues there! Super cool :slight_smile:

(also check out that gorgeous 1960’s Japanese stamp … :star_struck: … ~60 years old and still valid!)

5 Likes

Ah! The cancellations in the post I’m replying to here are similar to my above photo, but my cancellation mark includes the entirety of the area name in case that’s of extra help. Interesting!

1 Like

I like this crispy clear postmark. As for the dog, he looks too sweet and friendly for Dog Bite Awareness.

Thank you @reptilequeen

5 Likes

2 Likes

Looks like a skateboarding mailman!

Thank you @WingFei

4 Likes

I spy my meetup ink stamp!

2 Likes

This one is fun because it looks like the dog is smelling the flowers

2 Likes

“Subface” stamp from China

4 Likes

I guess they meant surface

2 Likes

USPS Dog Bite Awareness campaign

2 Likes

World Yoga day Postmarks

1 Like

3 Likes

One of the clearest postmarks from Spain, CTA Illes Balear, (Balearic Islands, posted from Mallorca)

Denmark, Taastrup Mail Centre Copenhagen postmark on a variety of old, soon to be defunct postage stamps.

2 Likes

do you still want it🤣I can offer you help