Posted three postcards on the same day - All expired!

I have had a postcard registered after 300 days, so I’ve not lost all hope, it was the fact that three cards posted on the same day have all gone missing. I’ve checked and all the users have been logging on and I know one of the countries usually takes about week to arrive, so maybe they will arrive when someone finds them in the sorting office.

1 Like

Last year around Christmas I posted some cards in one mailbox - they all expired. I think there was a postal problem with the mailbox…

2 Likes

I have the same situation as you. Today, I have three cards expired.:sob:

1 Like

Yes. March 16, 2021. Two official cards, one swap and several pieces of personal mail, including 3 postcards and a couple of letters.
I put it down to a post office pandemic breakout … either that, or the mail is hiding in a corner of the distribution centre with a case of wine. Maybe the mail will move once the case is empty?

2 Likes

I think it could be the combination of pandemic and Christmas. I have currently 8 postcards going to Russia and USA and they have all been travelling for over a month. So I guess mail to those countries became extra slow again :slightly_frowning_face:

1 Like

Hi Aurelia
I hope mine does not expire :smiley:
Just browsing thru the topic and find you by accident
Did send you a card yesterday

1 Like

I sent three yesterday, which I expect to be slow because of Christmas, but hopefully they will arrive.

I’m wondering if these postcards have fallen down the back of the sofa, and will suddenly be registered when the postman checks for lost mail down there and they make their way across the world.

3 Likes

With the three that have just expired, I now have six expired cards. But I have had expired cards registered before, so :crossed_fingers: they might eventually arrive.

1 Like

Just checking: You have used Royal Mail stamps and not Universal Mail stamps, correct?

1 Like

Yes, Royal Mail stamps.

1 Like

I had something similar in October. I sent 6 letters the same day. All to US. And none arrived so far. Sometimes I think they are sitting around somewhere and wait for whatever until they want to travel to their destination. Letters I sent in November to the same people all arrived already…

I put the postcards not into the same post Box if i send more than one. I offen had These Problem. Since i not put them to the same Post Box Problem is gone. Some times a post worker trough a complete post Box filling away. Or on post Box last year burned near my house. Or some kids put fish and Chips into it and the post in the Box was not usable any more. Things like that sometimes happen

UPDATE!!

One of the expired postcards arrived after 88 days, travelling 1155 miles.

I wonder if the other ones might still arrive?

4 Likes

UPDATE

Another of the lost postcards has arrived after 97 days, travelling 5915 miles.

I also received a postcard that took 73 days to arrive from 150 miles away!

Looks there are a lot of postcards out there still to be delivered.

2 Likes

UPDATE

All three of the lost postcards have arrived.

The last one took 130 days to travel 337 miles to Germany. Postcards to Germany usually only take a week.

It does make you wonder where these postcards were, especially the last one that went missing for over four months.

But I’m happy that they all finally arrived. Now to see if all those other expired postcards suddenly arrive.

3 Likes

No mystery.
They hung out with each other in the back room of the post office after finding an abandoned case of Merlot! Naturally, it took them a long time to get through it. Then, they had to sleep the party off. Then, they had to dust themselves off before making their way into the postal system.
Of course, each one had to stop along the way to their destination to share about their party adventures with other postcards.
But, be sure, none revealed the location of their private party. :wine_glass:

11 Likes

@anon61703781 I hope to have your luck: 16 cards from December 13th expired clustered.

It seems so obvious now!

1 Like

Wow! 16 cards expired, that is far too many. I hope they start arriving for you soon.