Postcrossing stats by country

Is there a way to see more detailed stats about a particular country?

I want to ask the post office if they would make a postcrossing stamp, and would love some stats to back up the request.

I’d like to find out some interesting details, like the number of cards Australians sent in the last year, the number of new members, etc. Anything to back up the idea that there would be lots of keen buyers!

1 Like

If you look under the “explore” tab, you can look up any country. Here’s the link to Australia:
https://www.postcrossing.com/country/AU

Or maybe you are looking for more details?

That data is for all time, I’m looking for something that shows the current activity in Australia.

Australia sent almost 39,000 postcards last year - it’s in the year end stats that Paulo produced for us:

3 Likes

I should have remembered that!

Fascinating to see how the numbers dive after the top couple of countries.

1 Like

This can be a bit hard because if I remember right, accounts are deleted every so often.
I guess only the admins would be able to know which members are new in a given year.

I looked at the Wayback Machine and they have a couple of snapshots, this is what the members count looked like:

Feb 15, 2019 - 7062
Apr 1, 2019 - 7082
Aug 16,2019 - 7220

Aug 10, 2020 - 7157
Oct 4, 2020 - 7125
Oct 26, 2020 - 7060
Oct 29, 2020 - 7051
Oct 31, 2020 - 7047
Nov 8, 2020 - 7035
Nov 15, 2020 - 7008
Dec 24, 2020 - 6924

Jan 23, 2021 - 6931
Feb 25, 2021 - 6875

2 Likes

Interesting, so no growth in numbers in the last couple of years, although the number of active members could well have increased.

1 Like

Maybe @meiadeleite can help if anything else is available.

And as I also wanted to ask if Postcrossing has any guidelines for post offices or other information I should give them when I make the request, this seems like a good time to tag her in!

1 Like

I am glad you asked this question.
I would like to try to organize a group to petition for a Postcrossing stamp in Canada. I’ve already looked at the data for Canada, and at Canada Post’s website as well as reached out to someone at Canada Post to try to find the guideline/process for stamp development.
But, I need to know Postcrossing’s angle, and haven’t yet got there. So, here we are …

• what is is the Postcrossing protocol for getting a stamp?
  • is there specific artwork / trademark Postcrossing requires? / copywrite requirements?
  • what else might I need to know from Postcrossing before proceeding?

Finally, to proceed … I’d like to organize a Canada Postcrossing group. Would I do this via “New Topic”?

Or … maybe someone is doing this already and I haven’t been able to find it? Or maybe there is some Postcrossing history of an attempt at this that I cannot find?

2 Likes

I would take a look in the North America category, and start one there if there isn’t one already.

1 Like