Postcrossing Meeting Adventure in Romania - 4 Days! 14-18 July 2022

:world_map: CITY/REGION: Corbeni, Arges County
:pushpin: MEETUP PLACE: Pension “Gura de Rai”: Pensiunea Gură de Rai
:calendar: DATE: 14 July 2022 - 18 July 2022
:alarm_clock: TIME: 14 July 13:00 - to 18 July 10:00 AM
:page_facing_up: MEETUP PLAN:
Hello everybody and welcome to Romania!

Here is a plan for our “Postcrossing Adventure” in Romania:
The planned period for the “postcard atelier” is between 14 and 18 July 202.

• First day: 14 July 202: Pickup by bus (rented) from Bucharest, go to Pension “Gura de Rai” (EN: entrance in Heaven) - details here: Pensiunea Gură de Rai ; arrival mid day - lunch, free time, dinner.
  • Second day 15 July (Friday) -
    Variant 1 - trip to Bran (Dracula) Castle: start from morning - by rented bus - travelling time about 3.5 hours (120 km), return at the evening (additional costs will be added)
    Variant 2 - trip to Transfagarasan seeing view: Transfagarasan was claimed by Top Gear "the most beautiful road in the world - details here: The Transfagarasan Highway: the world's best road? | Top Gear
    To be decided together with all participants which variant we will choose.
  • Third day 16 July (Saturday) - visit Curtea de Arges (Mihnea’s birthtown :wink: ) only 30 km away
  • Fourth day 17 July Sunday - free time - postcrossing activities - and we can go in the morning in the village.
  • 18 July, morning after breakfast - return to Bucharest by rented bus.
    Administrative - Accomodation: Reservation made at the Pension, advance payment made, the cost is about 140 euro per person with 3 meals per day! (140 euro = 4 days, 12 meals) ; separate costs will be for transportation - it depends how many we will be and if we rent a bus or a minivan, or anything. Here in Romania we are few postcrossers with cars too, we can use those as well, but again is about the total number of participants.

(It is OK to go to Bran Castle (Dracula) in another day than weekend, usually is quite full during weekend - with long queues; The Castle has no elevator, but 3 floors, and it can be hard to walk and climb a lot during same day - but each of you know better what you can do)

About Pension: there are 3 double rooms with double beds and 3 apartments each with 2 double beds inside. At request we can add 2 extra double rooms with double beds. Price is 140 euro per person, no matter if the person stays alone or with somebody else in that “double room with double bed”; but I rely on the good will that everybody wants to be happy :slight_smile: We will make all calculations after we will see the final number of participants.

Note: You can come in Romania earlier than 14 July - my advice is to plan at least one day in Bucharest (or you can plan it after we will be back, on 18 July). There are plenty of hotels (cheap and cosy) and as well a lot of things to discover in Bucharest - maybe a visit to Parliament castle, maybe a tour of “Old City Centre”, or a visit to "Peasant Museum).
Wendesday, 13 July 2022 - we will meet at Milu Cafe in a "postcrossing meeting too (Milu Café)
At request - I can arrange pick-ups from Bucharest Henri Coanda Airport (with my car, or with rented minivan, or by public transport, train or bus) - and also I can recommend you hotels in Bucharest. We will discuss sepparately - with each of you about the needs.
And yes, for sure we will have custom made postcard for this postcrossing meeting. (and some other nice surprised will be prepared :wink: )

LAST DAY FOR Adding you to the group: either when 20 participants will be, either on 1st of JUNE 2022.
Participants will be added here - depending on the registration date, first come, first it; we will have also a “waiting list”

In order to be part of this meeting you must fill also this form please - only if you decided to participate!

Participants:

1 - MihneaR - Romania +1 (wife)
2 - Bluriel - Romania
3 - Chrisskywalker - Germany
4 - Ich_bin_Berliner - Germany
5 - Katrin1778 - Germany
6 - Inger71 - Norway
7- Schumi99 - Romania

8 Likes

Yay! <3

2 Likes

I’m in too

1 Like

please fill the form also : https://forms.gle/zYTKC1TuEDa9JbXeA

Me too! It’s summer, it’s hot, it’s hollidays!

This meeting sounds very interesting! I will need to see if I can join it.

1 Like

I will join this meeting. I just write the doc in.

Hello, i would love to join! I will fill the form later today when i’m home from work

2 Likes

Hello I will join this meeting

1 Like

Count me in pls.

2 Likes

I fill it in also @mihneaR I look for this meeting

1 Like

I have filled out the Google form. Please add me to the list. :blush:

1 Like

Updated! Only 5 spots left! :smiley:

1 Like

I will be glad to exchange )) )

Будет ли спец открытка?

I want to cancel

We were informed about. thank you!

Just days again… Looking forward to see you again!!:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

I would like to receive one card from the meet-up, please. You may reach me at akash.rr@gmail.com

Thank you

Hi Postcrossing Fans
Is there an card from the meeting ? I would love to swap. Please contact me. Greetings