Postcrossing in Gaokao

(I do not know whether it is proper to post here. Sorry for possible mistakes.)

Gaokao (高考), or National College Entrance Examination, is one of the most important examinations in China. Every year, about 10 million high school students take this examination to get a chance for the admission from colleges.

This year’s Gaokao, held in Zhejiang Province (浙江省) from June 7th to June 10th, used an article about Postcrossing in English exam.
Zhejiang Province has its original exam questions, and 310 thousands students participate in the examination this year. Every student needs to take an exam of foreign language, and mostly they choose English.
That is to say, about 300 thousands students know Postcrossing by Gaokao this year.

The exam contents (starts from You’ve got mail… and it’s postcard) :
Instructions: Based on the contents of the following article, select the best alternative to fill in the blanks. There are 2 extra useless alternatives.

It is an interview in 2015 with @paulo, originally. Thanks to this interviewer, many young students know Postcrossing by this examination.
http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/kindle/2015-10/09/content_22140106.htm

54 Likes

You find it.
This is what @meiadeleite ask in this thread.

https://community.postcrossing.com/t/zhejiang-college-entrance-examination-mentioned-postcrossing/140201/6

4 Likes

Wow!

2 Likes

Thank you so much for sharing it! How cool is that?!! :heart_eyes:

5 Likes

That’s AMAZING! Thank you so much for taking the time to share with everyone!!!

2 Likes

Wow! Wow! Wow!

How exciting​:woman_cartwheeling::man_cartwheeling:

1 Like

I have done this question before.
That is amazing.:joy:

4 Likes

That is the best marketing for Postcrossing in China so far. I guess the examiner might be one of the postcrossors.

5 Likes

Wow, you know Postcrossing has arrived when it’s included in school exam questions! Love it! :purple_heart:

3 Likes

Wooooow! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Thank you for sharing this! That’s awesome!

I like that I’m still 34! :sweat_smile:

7 Likes

Yes, I heard about it. It’s so cool. :smile: Imagining there is a person who is sending and receiving postcards on Postcrossing, he or she happens to take this examination.

2 Likes

It seems this article is from China Daily.
Then it was selected by the high school teachers as the material for the exam.

Hahaha

http://usa.chinadaily.com.cn/life/2015-10/09/content_22140276.htm

1 Like

I thought that you must be a student of Zhejiang who had just taken Gaokao this year before :jp: appeared on my screen :joy:

When I took Gaokao in Zhejiang Province, the full mark was 810 points, which was different to all other provinces in China.

Interesting to hear about it as a previous Jiangsu Gaokaoer~

1 Like

:thinking:That was at least 5 years ago…BUT, aren’t you Japanese?? :hushed:

Met the article yesterday. And gave a wrong answer unfortunately.:smiling_face_with_tear:

5 Likes

He is a Chinese who live in Japan.

Are you practicing for the gaokao this year? 加油!