✅ Postcrossing Forum app icon - smartphone

@cooksringroad

Earlier reply had this:

I tried it and it works

@abqslp: Not sure whether this is a relief or not :wink:

Somehow I found a Postcrossing-app via google, but really for the official site, not only the forum. I downloaded it, but didn’t like doing so, as I have no idea at all whether the site is trustworthy or not: [link deleted]

If I should de-install it as quick as possible, as it is infecting my phone with a million viruses, please let me know :mask:

Edit: I deleted the link in order to prevent others from doing this mistake

@uconn: Ah, yes, thanks, that worked, thanks!

Now I have two apps, one for the forum and one for the official site :face_with_raised_eyebrow:. I think I will delete the one for the official site, I don’t trust it…

1 Like

That’s definitely not an app made by Postcrossing and shouldn’t be trusted. It seems to be just a wrapper to show the website within an “app” where the person who created the “app” makes money from it and provides no different functionality (it’s just the website displaying inside of an app). We can’t vouch nor verify what the the app does with one’s private data when you use Postcrossing through it, and so, highly recommend to not use it.

Currently there is no official app for Postcrossing main website. For the forum, you can install the Discourse Hub app which works with any Discourse forums (this one included).

2 Likes

@paulo Thanks a lot for the clarification!

I deleted the link in my earlier post, perhaps you could also delete it in yours (in the citation)?

1 Like

You can always save a webpage to your device’s home screen. It’s not really an app, but all the same, tapping it takes you straight to the webpage in question — be it the official Postcrossing homepage or the forum page. So for now, that’s what I do :wink:

1 Like